• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Draft...way too early talk

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Guice is definitely on the table at 28...I did watch some of Mayock's mock...I don't give it anymore credibility than any other mock, but it's interesting to get his take on players. LVE, 2nd rd?

I like Michel better than Chubb for PIT, because he's more of a cutback, and burst kind of player...similar to Freeman here in ATL...great style for a ZBS. Slightly bigger...I've heard that about his health, I don't like him at 28, but 60 I love him.

It's not the norm, but I have a feeling 4 ILBs come off the board tonight. Too many teams need a LB, I wouldn't be shocked if Evans is gone at 28.
Mocks are all silly in hindsight. Mayock is one of the most accurate though.

LVE to the second had me shaking my head too. I guess if there really is a neck issue (Mayock keeps repeating it and saying its a real issue but the Steelers have said they don't agree). I like Michel too. Especially at 60. Does he have bone on bone knee issues though? Ajayi was a bordline first round talent going in too and fell to what... the 4th round or something?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
either way two risky picks IMHOO . now.
I think Colbert was directly asked about LVE's neck and he said he wasn't worried about it. But I agree, both have some risk involved. 1 more than the other (Evans).

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how accurate that is. 4-5 months ago some pegged Washington as the top WR prospect in the class. Happens every year though where guys fall for no apparent reason.
I agree with your previous post that mocks are silly. It's merely a game we armchair GM's like to play to pass the offseason slow time. And in 5 years that we've done the Hoop Mock, ATL SP & I have NEVER selected the 1st round pick correctly. We may have gotten the position right, but not the prospect.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mocks are all silly in hindsight. Mayock is one of the most accurate though.

LVE to the second had me shaking my head too. I guess if there really is a neck issue (Mayock keeps repeating it and saying its a real issue but the Steelers have said they don't agree). I like Michel too. Especially at 60. Does he have bone on bone knee issues though? Ajayi was a bordline first round talent going in too and fell to what... the 4th round or something?

I like Mayock a lot on his evaluations of players...the local sportstalk radio guys have him on here quite a bit and he's a straight shooter. Most mocks are really click bait, but we're junkies and it's fun to see where the "insiders" think players are going. These teams don't give anyone any real insight where they're picking so with a little bit of elbow grease we might come as close as the average guy.

Michel...IDK, nothing has really been said about the bone on bone situation locally and they just had Mayock on about a week ago, he didn't say anything then, but maybe it's a recent discovery (how it got by the combine Drs would be interesting). Chubb gets grilled more about his knee than Michel does...we'll have to see, but 60 would be great.

Didn't another UGA kid have some type of leg issue discovered right before the draft and he went on to be the all-time WR for the Steelers? 28 scares me only because I'm not sure he's the best player they could get there...I've had him going 30-45 or so.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Mayock a lot on his evaluations of players...the local sportstalk radio guys have him on here quite a bit and he's a straight shooter. Most mocks are really click bait, but we're junkies and it's fun to see where the "insiders" think players are going. These teams don't give anyone any real insight where they're picking so with a little bit of elbow grease we might come as close as the average guy.

Michel...IDK, nothing has really been said about the bone on bone situation locally and they just had Mayock on about a week ago, he didn't say anything then, but maybe it's a recent discovery (how it got by the combine Drs would be interesting). Chubb gets grilled more about his knee than Michel does...we'll have to see, but 60 would be great.

Didn't another UGA kid have some type of leg issue discovered right before the draft and he went on to be the all-time WR for the Steelers? 28 scares me only because I'm not sure he's the best player they could get there...I've had him going 30-45 or so.
Yeah but that UGA kid wasn't a 1st or 2nd round pick. How do you discover a missing knee ligament right before the draft???

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but that UGA kid wasn't a 1st or 2nd round pick. How do you discover a missing knee ligament right before the draft???

True and if this bears out to be correct...he might not be either....could be heading the way of Ajayi's draft stock.

I know...bizarre. Not sure what that says about the medical staff at UGA, but it can't be good.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about no QB in the first round. Drafting a QB in the first round to sit and learn sounds good on paper but it could piss off Ben and the last thing you want is a pissed off franchise QB. Plus if you're in a win now mode like the Steelers are right now your first round pick needs to play from day 1.

I don't think they'll go QB in the first regardless of who is there, and I actually doubt they'll draft a QB at all. They're not going to carry 4 QBs on the roster, and probably are still wanting to see what they have with Dobbs, so he won't get cut. For whatever reason that eludes all of us, they seen to love dirty Landry, so he won't get cut... That leaves no roster spot for another QB.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints just traded from 27 to 14 and it cost them their 1st round pick (27), a 5th round pick and next year's first. I feel like we could've put something together to move up.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints just traded from 27 to 14 and it cost them their 1st round pick (27), a 5th round pick and next year's first. I feel like we could've put something together to move up.

To get who, though? You don't trade up in a deep draft just for the sake of trading up. If there's a Troy there, sure, but what's there to get that you want so badly?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, that's expensive.

For Davenport, even....

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To get who, though? You don't trade up in a deep draft just for the sake of trading up. If there's a Troy there, sure, but what's there to get that you want so badly?

Derwin James or Tremain Edmunds. Two of the best guys at their position in this draft.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, that's expensive.

For Davenport, even....

Well, if you think about it, they traded up by giving up a 5th and probably a pick from 25-32 probably? Not that expensive to me.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leighton Vander Esch taken by Dallas at 19.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers trade Martavis Bryant to the Raiders for the 75th round pick.