• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NFL Rookies

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike Glennon - QB - Buccaneers

Coach Greg Schiano calls Mike Glennon someone he'd like to have as his quarterback for a "long time."

"If he stays on this trajectory, he's a guy you'd like to have as your quarterback for a long time," was Schiano's full quote. Glennon hasn't been a box-score world beater, but has done everything the Bucs have asked of him and more, managing the game and popping big plays when needed. He's certainly an improvement over Josh Freeman. Glennon is the favorite to be under center in Tampa Bay in 2014, but that could change if Schiano is fired. The Bucs are going to be in position to select a franchise quarterback in May's draft.
Source: Rick Stroud on Twitter

Nov 25 - 2:50 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Xavier Rhodes - DB - Vikings

Vikings CB Xavier Rhodes has been diagnosed with a concussion.

It's not good news for the Vikings' struggling and undermanned secondary. Rhodes has dealt with a slew of minor injuries this season, but has yet to miss a game. He should be considered 50-50 for Sunday's tilt with the Bears. Rhodes has graded out as the Vikings' top corner in Pro Football Focus' ratings, though he's been highly shaky. Reserve A.J. Jefferson was released on Monday.
Source: Chip Scoggins on Twitter

Nov 25 - 1:43 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Vikings

Cordarrelle Patterson started at split end in Sunday's tie with the Packers.

The Vikings are finally taking the chains off their prized rookie. He started ahead of Jerome Simpson again and saw 11 targets, hauling in eight of them for 54 yards. This comes on the heels of a nine-target outing in Week 11. Patterson is still limited to mostly quick screens, but just getting the ball in his hands will prove effective. There's some deep-league appeal here as the Vikes are showing faith.
Source: ESPN.com

Nov 25 - 11:20 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marquise Goodwin - WR - Bills

E.J. Manuel said Marquise Goodwin "is a guy you want to get him the ball."

Goodwin, a lighting fast third-round rookie, is opening eyes in Buffalo. Over the last four games, he's totaled 13 catches for 210 yards with two touchdowns -- including a roasting of Antonio Cromartie in Week 11. There won't be much re-draft appeal in Week 13 if Stevie Johnson (groin) and Robert Woods (ankle) are healthy, but Dynasty owners need to take note. Goodwin is a player.
Source: buffalobills.com

Nov 25 - 10:48 AM

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Glennon - QB - Buccaneers

Coach Greg Schiano calls Mike Glennon someone he'd like to have as his quarterback for a "long time."

"If he stays on this trajectory, he's a guy you'd like to have as your quarterback for a long time," was Schiano's full quote. Glennon hasn't been a box-score world beater, but has done everything the Bucs have asked of him and more, managing the game and popping big plays when needed. He's certainly an improvement over Josh Freeman. Glennon is the favorite to be under center in Tampa Bay in 2014, but that could change if Schiano is fired. The Bucs are going to be in position to select a franchise quarterback in May's draft.
Source: Rick Stroud on Twitter

Nov 25 - 2:50 PM
Glennon is basically playing for his job and Schiano's job. If they get 5 wins, it puts them out of Bridgewater, Carr, Mariota sweepstakes and its probably enough of a win streak to put the blame on Freeman

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Glennon is basically playing for his job and Schiano's job. If they get 5 wins, it puts them out of Bridgewater, Carr, Mariota sweepstakes and its probably enough of a win streak to put the blame on Freeman

I liked Glennon a lot last year as a prospect. He's never going to be the next Larry Allen in terms of being that beast in the gym, but if he bust his a$$ off this summer by adding more upper body strength and continues to work on his mechanics; and also through time gets used to the speed of the game, this kid will make the pro bowl in 3 years time.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Glennon a lot last year as a prospect. He's never going to be the next Larry Allen in terms of being that beast in the gym, but if he bust his a$$ off this summer by adding more upper body strength and continues to work on his mechanics; and also through time gets used to the speed of the game, this kid will make the pro bowl in 3 years time.

Really Bingo? I respect your opinion as you are a football junkie, but I just don't see that out of this guy. I see his ceiling as Alex Smith/Andy Dalton. Pro Bowl IMO is a huge reach. But I don't think he would be bad either.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we can have Gore watch this video to see how to run against 9 and 10 man boxes.

If i remember right only adrian peterson has seen that many men in the box than more consistently than Gore since they've booth been in the league. I think Gore has plenty of experience and film of his own. I'm not worried about gore or the running game.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Really Bingo? I respect your opinion as you are a football junkie, but I just don't see that out of this guy. I see his ceiling as Alex Smith/Andy Dalton. Pro Bowl IMO is a huge reach. But I don't think he would be bad either.

David Garrard made the pro bowl. Saying Glennon will make the pro bowl in 3 years time is not an impossible feat. Stranger things has happened

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tavon Austin - WR - Rams

Tavon Austin is the fourth player since 1960 with a 60-plus yard rushing TD, receiving TD and punt return TD in the same season.

Gale Sayers, Billy "White Shoes" Johnson, and DeSean Jackson are the only others to do it. Austin also has four touchdowns of 50-plus yards in a two-game span, joining Sayers and Jim Brown as the only players to ever do that. "(Things are) definitely slowing down," Austin said. The statistical ceiling is high here, but the floor is as low as it gets as well. Austin has a total of just seven offensive touches in the last three games. If he's not breaking these unsustainable monster plays, he's going to absolutely bury fantasy owners in the box score.
Source: ESPN.com

Nov 27 - 8:10 AM

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
David Garrard made the pro bowl. Saying Glennon will make the pro bowl in 3 years time is not an impossible feat. Stranger things has happened

Just for the record. David Garrard made the Pro Bowl as the SEVENTH alternate in the AFC. He threw for less than 3,600 yards that season and had 15 TDs and 10 INTs.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just for the record. David Garrard made the Pro Bowl as the SEVENTH alternate in the AFC. He threw for less than 3,600 yards that season and had 15 TDs and 10 INTs.

I do recall it took a lot of denials from other QBs which caused him to get the invite to the pro bowl. Every year it's always 2 or 3 new QBs being added as alternate to the pro bowl. With that fact I stand by my belief that M. Glennon will make the pro bowl within the next 3 years.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tyler Wilson - QB - Free Agent

Raiders waived QB Tyler Wilson.

Wilson, the No. 112 overall pick in April's draft, has been a colossal flop. He'll likely revert back to the practice squad once he clears waivers.

Nov 27 - 4:54 PM

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I do recall it took a lot of denials from other QBs which caused him to get the invite to the pro bowl. Every year it's always 2 or 3 new QBs being added as alternate to the pro bowl. With that fact I stand by my belief that M. Glennon will make the pro bowl within the next 3 years.

That's fine. I knew your point was more about Glennon. I'm just a bit of a stickler for details like that as you may have already seen over the years.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sylvester Williams - DL - Broncos

The Denver Post doesn't expect No. 28 overall pick DT Sylvester Williams to open the season as a starter.

The Broncos think Williams can work his way into a starter's role by Week 1, but beat writer Mike Klis expects it to be difficult for Williams to leapfrog Kevin Vickerson and Terrance Knighton over the summer. Vickerson proved to be a solid run stopper, while "Pot Roast" Knighton has good pocket-pushing skills. No matter who the "starters" are, all three players will see significant snaps.
Source: Denver Post

May 6 - 6:13 PM

Klis was right about Williams. With Vickerson now out for the season, Denver's season could depend pretty heavily on how well prepared Williams is to take his starting spot.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Vikings

Cordarrelle Patterson played on 48-of-88 snaps in Sunday's overtime win against the Bears.

Jerome Simpson played on 42 snaps as this has turned into a timeshare. We'd much rather be rolling the WR4 dice with Patterson as he's the one that's a threat to go to the house every time he touches the ball. Over the last three weeks, Patterson has 14 touches for 113 yards with two touchdowns.
Source: profootballfocus.com

Dec 2 - 11:00 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Da'Rick Rogers - WR - Colts

Da'Rick Rogers played on 13-of-65 snaps (20 percent) in Sunday's Week 13 win over the Titans.

It was Rogers' first NFL game and he failed to record a catch or target. He did draw a roughly 30-yard pass interference flag on Alterraun Verner. The good news for Rogers is that Darrius Heyward-Bey continues to be a monster liability, committing another brutal drop and slipping around the field against the Titans. If the Colts want to get their offense out of the mud, they'll have to look at giving Rogers more snaps at the expense of DHB. The talented rookie is a name to keep on watch lists and stash in deep Dynasty leagues. Related: Darrius Heyward-Bey
Source: Kevin Bowen on Twitter

Dec 2 - 10:28 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zach Ertz - TE - Eagles

Zach Ertz played on 38-of-78 snaps (48.7 percent) in Sunday's win over the Cardinals.

Ertz played on 58.3 percent of the snaps in Week 9, 54.8 in Week 10 and 45.4 in the game before the Week 12 bye. In other words, his role didn't really change as he recorded a 5/68/2 against the Cards. What did change was the gameplan as Chip Kelly set out to expose Arizona's base linebackers that are stout against run, but struggle badly in coverage. The Eagles won't be afraid to challenge the Lions outside corners in Week 14, leaving Ertz as a mere TE2.
Source: Rueben Frank on Twitter

Dec 2 - 9:14 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Geno Smith - QB - Jets

The Jets informed Geno Smith on Monday that he will start in Week 14.

The Raiders' defense is now on the fantasy radar as a streamer play. Smith has been a turnover machine since early in the season, getting benched repeatedly. Although there was Monday morning speculation veteran third-stringer David Garrard would get the Week 14 nod, that isn't happening. It is possible, however, that Geno will be backed up by Garrard this week, instead of Matt Simms.
Source: Rich Cimini on Twitter

Dec 2 - 2:52 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Da'Rick Rogers - WR - Colts

According to the Indy Star, "signs point toward more of Da'Rick Rogers and less of Darrius Heyward-Bey" going forward.

When asked who will be starting across from T.Y. Hilton this week, coach Chuck Pagano was non-committal. "We've got four guys on the 53-man roster right now at the wide receiver position and we've got to do a great job of playing to their strengths," he said. "We're going to need them all." The Colts have seen what Heyward-Bey can do and it isn't pretty. Rogers is a name to keep on watch lists as he could be forging ahead as soon as this week. Related: Darrius Heyward-Bey
Source: Indianapolis Star

Dec 5 - 10:59 AM