• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NFL Rookies

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jordan Poyer - DB - Free Agent

Eagles waived CB Jordan Poyer.

A seventh-round pick, Poyer had been relegated to special teams the last five weeks after playing 17 defensive snaps in the season opener. The Eagles were considering moving him to safety prior to his release and will re-sign him to the practice squad if he clears waivers.

Oct 19 - 1:28 PM

I'm befuddled by most CB evaluations on this board. Example, I see Roby getting a lot of hype undeservingly so. Then we all watch him get tore up, he's holding onto WRs, he's not covering, he just looks lost, and people are in complete denial that he's not an NFL CB and still want him in round 1, 2, or 3.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Terrance Williams - WR - Cowboys

Terrance Williams caught six passes for 71 yards with a touchdown in Sunday's Week 7 win at Philadelphia.

Williams started ahead of Miles Austin and never looked back. Credit the Cowboys for identifying their most effective players and using them ahead of higher-paid veterans. Williams continues to impress on a weekly basis, showing more and more polish and getting plays run for him in the red zone. Today's touchdown came on a simple shallow slant from nine yards out. Averaging 4.7 catches for 80.0 yards with three touchdowns over the last four weeks, Williams will be a WR3 at Detroit in Week 8. He's Romo's No. 2 receiver.

Oct 20 - 6:06 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Joseph Fauria - TE - Lions

Joseph Fauria caught just one pass for 15 yards in Week 7 against Cincinnati.

Fauria was targeted four times on the day. With Tony Scheffler (concussion) out and Fauria coming off a three-touchdown effort, the undrafted rookie was featured more on offense. He wasn't limited to just red-zone work. Fauria will remain the Lions' No. 2 tight end even when Scheffler does return.

Oct 20 - 5:59 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sam Montgomery - DL - Free Agent

Texans waived DE Sam Montgomery.

The 95th overall pick in April's draft, Montgomery was a colossal bust during his short stay with the Texans. His skill set didn't translate to outside linebacker as hoped, and he eventually was moved back to defensive end, where Montgomery wasn't getting any playing time. Per the Houston Chronicle's John McClain, Montgomery was waived for violating team rules at the Kansas City hotel ahead of Sunday's Week 7 loss to the Chiefs.

Oct 21 - 2:31 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tavarres King - WR - Panthers

Panthers claimed WR Tavarres King off waivers from the Broncos.

A fifth-round pick in April's draft, King was promoted to the Broncos' active roster last week after the Packers displayed interest, but they apparently didn't have a spot for him for Week 8. He'll bring up the rear of Carolina's receiver corps, but has an excellent shot at remaining on the active roster through the end of the regular season. The Panthers are woefully thin at wideout.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Oct 21 - 4:49 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sam Montgomery - DL - Free Agent

Texans waived DE Sam Montgomery.

The 95th overall pick in April's draft, Montgomery was a colossal bust during his short stay with the Texans. His skill set didn't translate to outside linebacker as hoped, and he eventually was moved back to defensive end, where Montgomery wasn't getting any playing time. Per the Houston Chronicle's John McClain, Montgomery was waived for violating team rules at the Kansas City hotel ahead of Sunday's Week 7 loss to the Chiefs.

Oct 21 - 2:31 PM

He, Cierre Wood & Willie Jefferson were apparently caught smoking marijuana in a team hotel.

Way to throw away the opportunity of your soon-to-be pathetic lives (probably based on history).

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He, Cierre Wood & Willie Jefferson were apparently caught smoking marijuana in a team hotel.

Way to throw away the opportunity of your soon-to-be pathetic lives (probably based on history).

Houston Texans cut Sam Montgomery, Cierre Wood, Willie Jefferson - ESPN

Jefferson's agent, Chad Cannon, told ESPN.com that the players were smoking a cigar in the team hotel and that illegal drugs were not involved.

"We're discussing the possibility of filing a grievance," Cannon said. "I need to be in touch with them and really figure if that's the best route to take."

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Houston Texans cut Sam Montgomery, Cierre Wood, Willie Jefferson - ESPN

Jefferson's agent, Chad Cannon, told ESPN.com that the players were smoking a cigar in the team hotel and that illegal drugs were not involved.

"We're discussing the possibility of filing a grievance," Cannon said. "I need to be in touch with them and really figure if that's the best route to take."

Sorry to believe the stereotype that NFL players and their agents are 100% full of crap, but I'm calling BS.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to believe the stereotype that NFL players and their agents are 100% full of crap, but I'm calling BS.

NFL teams can be equally as full of crap as any agent IMO. A simple drug test could resolve all of this.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
NFL teams can be equally as full of crap as any agent IMO. A simple drug test could resolve all of this.

This isn't the least bit true. NFL coaches / management can't get away with 1% of the bull shit NFL players do, and it's their agents' jobs to back them. And a simple drug test will never happen because the NFL has no authority to do one.

And they don't need one because the NFL can cut any player at any time for any reason; they didn't need to violate any policy to be cut. They could just say those players weren't cutting it. That's why players get money up front.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

wow.. what a group of underachievers... and I don't even know who that third person is.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Even if they were smoking "cigars," which they weren't, what the crap are you doing smoking ANYTHING when you're a professional f'ing athlete?!?!

Unbelieveable. I'm sure Montgomery has already spent all the money he made at LSU too (which is probably a lot more than he ever made with the Texans).

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't the least bit true. NFL coaches / management can't get away with 1% of the bull shit NFL players do, and it's their agents' jobs to back them. And a simple drug test will never happen because the NFL has no authority to do one.

And they don't need one because the NFL can cut any player at any time for any reason; they didn't need to violate any policy to be cut. They could just say those players weren't cutting it. That's why players get money up front.

Just because they can't get away with 1% of the stuff (in your opinion) doesn't mean they aren't full of crap. And why can't the NFL do a drug test when this guy gets on with another team? I'm sure the new team will want one.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just because they can't get away with 1% of the stuff (in your opinion) doesn't mean they aren't full of crap. And why can't the NFL do a drug test when this guy gets on with another team? I'm sure the new team will want one.

Don't know about when they go to another team, but the Texans wouldn't have been able to do a test. Houston didn't need one though; they knew what those clowns were doing.

And even if they went to another team & failed a drug test, I don't think that team would be allowed to release the results of it.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they were smoking "cigars," which they weren't, what the crap are you doing smoking ANYTHING when you're a professional f'ing athlete?!?!

Unbelieveable. I'm sure Montgomery has already spent all the money he made at LSU too (which is probably a lot more than he ever made with the Texans).

Again, this is just your opinion. When you (or I) become a profession athlete, then you are suggest what professional athletes (teammates) put into their bodies. They are grown ups and if they want to smoke cigars, cigarettes or drink then that is their right. I'm not one for telling grown men that they can't participate in completely legal activities just because it doesn't fit my personal beliefs.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know about when they go to another team, but the Texans wouldn't have been able to do a test. Houston didn't need one though; they knew what those clowns were doing.

And even if they went to another team & failed a drug test, I don't think that team would be allowed to release the results of it.

I'm not saying that they can't cut the guy, if they don't need him then get rid of him (I wish we would have done this with AJ Jenkins). But to clear up the disagreement of what they were smoking, the next team can do a drug test before he signs.

I don't think the team could release the results but the league could take action at that point I believe.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It'll probably be a moot point because I doubt those players ever get another chance in the NFL. MAYBE Montgomery next season but I doubt it. They might play in the preseason, but I doubt they ever make another 53.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll probably be a moot point because I doubt those players ever get another chance in the NFL. MAYBE Montgomery next season but I doubt it. They might play in the preseason, but I doubt they ever make another 53.

I think Montgomery gets a few looks but I don't think he's anything more than a fringe roster player.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tavon Austin - WR - Rams

Rams rookie WR Tavon Austin admitted his transition to the NFL has been more difficult than he anticipated.

Austin ranks first among all rookies with 31 receptions, but has just 207 yards and two touchdowns in eight games. He's tied for the NFL lead with seven drops. "Maybe it was a little harder than I thought at first," Austin said. "I'm sure my time will come." With an inconsistent role on offense and struggling to adjust to the NFL, Austin is nothing more than a WR5 stash in re-draft leagues.
Source: Associated Press

Nov 1 - 11:02 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aaron Dobson - WR - Patriots

Aaron Dobson said he feels more integrated into the Patriots offense.

Dobson has played 75 percent of offensive snaps over the last three weeks and has 22 catches for 157 yards and a touchdown. "I just feel like overall, I’m more comfortable in the system," Dobson said. "Me and Tom are getting on the same page, and I feel like all of that is helping to transition to the field on Sunday."
Source: Boston Herald

Nov 1 - 8:29 AM