• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

16-17 Season Thread

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's Chicago, I'm hoping for Valentine and a draft pick. If it's New Orleans, Hield would be nice but unlikely. The only other thing they have to offer would be draft picks. But I suppose it's possible that multiple teams could be involved.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's Chicago, I'm hoping for Valentine and a draft pick. If it's New Orleans, Hield would be nice but unlikely. The only other thing they have to offer would be draft picks. But I suppose it's possible that multiple teams could be involved.

If I was NO I would give him a very thorough physical before signing off on anything. Took him forever to get back on the court this season. Then he would be off every now and again because his knee would act up. I know the team is overly cautious with everything, but I wouldn't put it past them to use a pending trade as an excuse to rest him. Along with some of the rotations they've done.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another good road win. Remember that movie "Major League" when the owners did everything possible so that team will lose and they ended up over achieving. Im not saying the Sixers organization is purposely holding out Embiid and Simmons so they can possibly lose more games( I'm also not putting it pass them), but it's hard for a team to get or stay in a rhythm because of it. the sixers are putting all that off the court stuff with Embiid, Okafor, and Simmons out of their heads and are playing together. I really think they have their eyes on the playoffs, even though Gm Colangelo is not.

Last edited:

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was NO I would give him a very thorough physical before signing off on anything. Took him forever to get back on the court this season. Then he would be off every now and again because his knee would act up. I know the team is overly cautious with everything, but I wouldn't put it past them to use a pending trade as an excuse to rest him. Along with some of the rotations they've done.

Especially after the Holiday situation.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another good road win. Remember that movie "Major League" when the owners did everything possible so that team will lose and they ended up over achieving. Im not saying the Sixers organization is purposely holding out Embiid and Simmons so they can possibly lose more games( I'm also not putting it pass them), but it's hard for a team to get or stay in a rhythm because of it. the sixers are putting all that off the court stuff with Embiid, Okafor, and Simmons out of their heads and are playing together. I really think they have their eyes on the playoffs, even though Gm Colangelo is not.

It's great for them to strive for the playoffs. At this point, they'll probably fall short . . . but you never know. They're only 4.5 games out but there are 5 teams ahead of them for that final spot. I made the case back in the offseason that this team could have made the playoffs with Simmons . . . and my guess is that they'd be a few games ahead of where they're at if they had him the entire season. It's a shame because this young roster could benefit from a tough playoff series. Oddly enough, they've played some pretty close games against Cleveland and Boston (102-101 and 112-108 losses to Cleveland, 107-106 and 110-106 losses to Boston.) Granted, those teams probably weren't giving it their all . . . but the 76ers can sneak up on people. I love that they went out and beat Charlotte after Batum guaranteed a win.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, anyway, what's the deal with Simmons? He isn't going to practice 5-on-5 during the All-Star Break. I realize there's no rush . . . but people with similar injuries have returned several weeks sooner than he has at this point. And he's not even practicing 5-on-5.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So glad the league ran Hinkie out of town.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno man. I'm now thinking Missanelli was right when he said in 2015 that this team will compete in 2019. Colangelo even said it will take 3 years. the sixers feel as though there's no rush in bringing anyone back from injury. Simmons will not play this year. with about 26 games left, what's the point. whats the point of having him only play 12 to 20 mins a game for 26 games. oh wait, no back to backs right. so lets make that 12 to 20 mins a game for 15 to 20 games. i also have a feeling that they're gonna shut Embiid down as well. all of the sudden that bone bruise/no surgery needed small torn Meniscus will need some type of surgical procedure.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Portland is now open to making Allen Crabbe available in trade. Crabbe for Okafor? CJ McCollum is due a hefty raise this off season ... the Blazers need to find some cap room.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So glad the league ran Hinkie out of town.

Speculation is that Okafor's absence was just a ploy to increase trade interest in him. Wouldn't be surprised if the timing of Embiid's injury was also an attempt to create trade leverage. Is Colangelo really this much of an amateur?

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of questionable calls against the Sixers tonight. I love their fight. they came out to start the 4th on fire. Boston right now is just more advanced. I think the Sixers will get em at home in March

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons and Embiid are both expected to play during this season. Brown takes a veiled shot at Colangelo?

BOSTON - There has been speculation that 76ers center Joel Embiid might miss the final 26 games of the season with knee injuries.

Brett Brown put that speculation to rest Wednesday. The Sixers coach was asked when Embiid was projected to return to the court. Wednesday's matchup against the Boston Celtics at T.D. Garden marked the 11th straight game he has missed after suffering a bone bruise in his left knee on Jan. 20 against the Portland Trail Blazers. Embiid also has missed 14 of the last 15 matchups. An MRI exam revealed that he also has a slightly torn meniscus.

"I don't know the timing," Brown said. "But I do know that the thought is he's going to come back and play. I don't know the timing. That's probably the thing that I am told, and the fans deserve to hear as much as anything that comment."

Embiid will not compete in the Rising Stars Challenge on Friday in New Orleans as part of the NBA's all-star weekend. He also will be replaced by Denver Nuggets post player Nikola Jokic in Saturday's Skills Challenge.

Brown added that the Sixers also expect rookie Ben Simmons to play this season.

"It is moving slowly," Brown said of Simmons' return. "It's calculated. We are trying to be very careful."

The coach said the team would have a better idea of when the first overall pick in 2016 can debut after he participates in five-on-five scrimmages after the all-star break.

"But I think the path right now is solid," Brown said.

Simmons has yet to play this season after breaking his right foot on Sept. 30, the final day of training camp. He underwent surgery.

Brett Brown: Expect Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons to play this season

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expecting and actually playing are two different things. I don't think Simmons will play this season. Embiid if lucky, will play half the games in the 2nd half. I wish they just come out and say it. All this talk of expecting and hopeful is only giving fans false hope.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expecting and actually playing are two different things. I don't think Simmons will play this season. Embiid if lucky, will play half the games in the 2nd half. I wish they just come out and say it. All this talk of expecting and hopeful is only giving fans false hope.
Meet the new regime, same as the old regime, but league approved with no clue how to go about trading a player.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course they're two different things -- but Brown is either intentionally undermining Colangelo and, in part, Simmons, by saying Simmons will play this season, or he actually believes that Simmons will play this season.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our lottery odds are looking pretty good right now.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our lottery odds are looking pretty good right now.

Too bad the Kings got hot recently because after the Boogie trade they won't win many more games the rest of the way.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad the Kings got hot recently because after the Boogie trade they won't win many more games the rest of the way.
That's why they're looking good. The teams behind them aren't that far back. I can't believe they let him go for essentially Buddy Hield and a mid first.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which Hinkie trade do you prefer :

Two 2nd round Eurotrash picks for Stauskas, salary dumps, 2016/17 swap rights, and 2019 unprotected SAC 1st

- or -

Jrue Holliday for
2013 1st round pick - Nerlens Noel
2014 1st round pick - Elfrid Payton #10, trade for Dario Saric #12, PHI 2017 1st rounder back (sent in 4 team Howard trade), two 2nd rounders

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta go with the holiday trade. The swap is unpossible without it...plus we got Noel and Saric from it.