• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

16-17 Season Thread

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm here because the board I was posting on was dead. I don't want to scroll past your posts, because there still isn't much being posted on here and I would like back and forth with others. Here's where I was the last two years. I'm Bender. Most posts in the thread, but not much action going on.

2014-15 Season

2015-16 Season

I'm not some fairweather fan that has just come along. I usually post tongue in cheek on some things regarding the current success, but I'm very happy with the recent run. There hasn't been a lot of room for enthusiasm for the team. You're a philly fan all around same as I am, as is the only way (not that one has to be a philly fan, wherever you're from it's cool if you're a fan of the proper team you should be).

The team has come through in the end of games recently, which, when a team wins in the final moments to me is when the emotions are at there highest and lowest. I got down and came right back up in the last 90 seconds of their game against the bucks. I just don't see why you felt the need to shit on that. I've acknowledged on here I'm a Noel fanboy and don't care for Okafor. I know there's differing opinions on that. You like Holmes better. I also like Holmes. When it comes down to money (or ego) he may be the better fit.

I just don't get why you felt the need to shit on happiness over a win.

Agreed -- there is a lot of negativity from the non S-B posters on this board. Personally, I'm just enjoying the process. It seems like it is finally paying dividends, even if they're small right now.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, I don't like that the 76ers are 2 point underdogs tonight (according to ESPN). Seems like a no-brainer to pick the 76ers. I've got to imagine all the money is on them here. They're at home, they should have Embiid, Kings are on game 7 of their road trip. Kings are playing well though, including 3 wins over Eastern Conference playoff teams in the last 4 games.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the Kings. Kill them dead.

We need to beat them so bad they lose for two weeks.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Didn't realize Embiid is out and unlikely to play against Dallas or San Antonio.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 10 wins in January. How many can they pull off in February?

at Dallas
at San Antonio
at Miami
at Detroit
vs. San Antonio
at Orlando
vs. Miami
at Charlotte
at Boston
vs. Washington
at New York
vs. Golden State

I'd be happy if they could go 6-6 during this stretch. San Antonio twice and Golden State will be tough games to win so they probably have at least 3 losses in this stretch. Miami and Washington have been hot. Boston is a pretty solid team.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Holmes a lot. I'd be ok with keeping Holmes and trading Noel (the money alone helps that make sense) but I agree with Taddy Mason on this. Noel is very disruptive defensively and the hope is that he can mix in well with Simmons. His offensive game leaves a lot to be desired -- and Holmes shows some potential to be much better offensively than Noel . . . but Holmes is not a finished product either. Ultimately, it's proven to be a good thing that we have this embarrassment of riches at the center position. My guess is that they end up trading Okafor for basically nothing, pay Noel, and they keep Holmes as a rotational backup. He has the potential to be a valuable contributor to this team when they're going deep into the playoffs, possibly as soon as next season.

I heard on the radio that Noel's people might be asking for 100 mil over 5 yrs. I don't how accurate that is but, would u pay that for him. I know the CBA kicks in soon and teams will be able to pay and keep their players. But damn! 25 mil for him?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on the radio that Noel's people might be asking for 100 mil over 5 yrs. I don't how accurate that is but, would u pay that for him. I know the CBA kicks in soon and teams will be able to pay and keep their players. But damn! 25 mil for him?

100 mill over 5 years is 20 mil per. You can't just let him walk for nothing. What does the money really matter?

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure they're looking for 20 million per year. Last offseason, big men got paid. Bismack Biyombo got $18 million per year and his resume doesn't look nearly as good as Noel's. Mozgov got $16 million per year and he sucks. Whiteside got close to $25 million. Drummond got $26 million. Howard got $23 million. Horford got $28 million. Mahinmi got $16 million.

Given his injury history and overall performance, I don't see Noel getting a 5-year deal. It's nice to dream about but what team is going to do that? Of the players above, only Drummond and Horford got 5-year deals. I'd be ok with giving him 4 years, 80 million, though. It seems clear that Noel is a better option than Okafor. 4 years is a perfect deal because you can let him walk after that -- and that's around the same time you'll be attempting to re-sign whatever players you draft this year.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 mil a year for Noel
100 mill over 5 years is 20 mil per. You can't just let him walk for nothing. What does the money really matter?

Yeah I realized after I post that I meant to say 20 instead of 25.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 10 wins in January. How many can they pull off in February?

at Dallas
at San Antonio
at Miami
at Detroit
vs. San Antonio
at Orlando
vs. Miami
at Charlotte
at Boston
vs. Washington
at New York
vs. Golden State

I'd be happy if they could go 6-6 during this stretch. San Antonio twice and Golden State will be tough games to win so they probably have at least 3 losses in this stretch. Miami and Washington have been hot. Boston is a pretty solid team.

If they continue to play like they're playing now, I see 5 to 6 wins. Simmons should be back for the latter part of that schedule. But he'll be on mins restrictions just like Embiid.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, no Rock tonight either. Be interesting to see how Yogi looks as he was one of the alternatives to Chasson.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn no Embiid, Noel, Simmons, Henderson, and Covington tonight, good luck with that

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the despite those players being out, The sixers are still playing tough. Hopefully when the spurs make their push in the 2nd half, the sixers will have an answer.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I just see a Bruce Bowen retired jersey in the spurs rafters. He was a pretty good player and a great defender as well but, really, ok.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that Yogi Ferrell? 32 points after hitting nine 3-pointers. He's averaging 37 minutes per game in the last 4 games. Mavs are 4-0.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3