• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

16-17 Season Thread

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. What a freaking win. No Embiid, no problem. Still 5.5 back from the 8 seed but things are tightening up. Unfortunately, it's looking more and more like L.A. is going to tank and we won't get that pick. But . . . the lottery, so we'll see what happens.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 76ers are an 11.5 point underdog tonight at Milwaukee. That seems like a really big line, especially considering the 76ers just beat the Bucks a few games ago in Milwaukee (with Embiid, of course.)

Not having Embiid hurts, not sure if Okafor will be available, and it's the 2nd game of a back-to-back, on the road, so I see why things are lined up against them . . . but this team is hot, confident, and playing well right now. They held the Clippers to 42 points in the 2nd half last night. It was incredibly impressive the way they won that game. The Bucks have not been playing great. 3-7 in their last 10. 1-5 in their last 6. They just beat Houston to break a 5 game losing streak where they lost to Orlando, Miami, and Philadelphia. So all of this makes me wonder -- how do you spot the 76ers 11.5 points? Which makes me think, that since the line seems like such a no brainer to go with the 76ers, that maybe Vegas has it right and we're looking at a 76ers blowout loss tonight. But the flip side to that is -- probably no one wants to bet on the 76ers with Embiid out so it doesn't matter what the line is. Who is picking the 76ers to win without Embiid when they're 3-10 or whatever it is without him in the lineup.

Long story short, the 11.5 point line confuses me. I think I'd end up taking the 76ers with the points and banking on the backup big men putting together another solid game.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That line screams 'take the Bucks and the under'.
Might be a nominal 5 point edge playing the 2nd night of a back to back.

However, the Sixers are unique in that they do not play their starters major minutes.
Only RoCo gets 30+ minutes.
If they can find the hot hand, BB will ride it.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeesh. Looks like they've opted to not play defense tonight. 39 points allowed in the 1st quarter.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeesh. Looks like they've opted to not play defense tonight. 39 points allowed in the 1st quarter.

But they've elected to score. Hopefully Holmes elbow is fine for the second half. Noel picked up his third to end the quarter. Otherwise Dario could see a lot of time at the 5. Gonna need to keep up that 2nd quarter D.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Bucks finish the game like the 76ers used to (and looked like they were going to go back to for a second). Noel loses an inbounds pass into the backcourt. Next possession TJ makes a horrible pass, but get bailed out by a call against Parker that I didn't see a replay of, looked like they lucked out live. Then Bucks turn the ball over on two straight inbounds. Pair of big FTs by Noel as well as a jumper with the shot clock about to expire helped them to close it out.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Bucks finish the game like the 76ers used to (and looked like they were going to go back to for a second). Noel loses an inbounds pass into the backcourt. Next possession TJ makes a horrible pass, but get bailed out by a call against Parker that I didn't see a replay of, looked like they lucked out live. Then Bucks turn the ball over on two straight inbounds. Pair of big FTs by Noel as well as a jumper with the shot clock about to expire helped them to close it out.

Noel put up 19 and 8 yesterday, 16 and 13 tonight. Legitimate starting-quality center. Really nice win for this team. They're now 4.5 games out of the 8 seed. 10 back in the division.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noel put up 19 and 8 yesterday, 16 and 13 tonight. Legitimate starting-quality center. Really nice win for this team. They're now 4.5 games out of the 8 seed. 10 back in the division.

Watching Monroe getting put backs and no one switching to him on pick and rolls was getting annoying.

It's a shame the Kings pulled out the win against the Cavs in OT. Guess they're trying hard to tank out of that top seed...

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG they didn't fold under pressure. OMG they won another road game. OMG they've beaten a team twice in one season. OMG Noel hit a jumper. OMG

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG they didn't fold under pressure. OMG they won another road game. OMG they've beaten a team twice in one season. OMG Noel hit a jumper. OMG

I have trouble following here. I've watched almost every game of the process. Am I supposed to feel shitty about the team finally stringing a lot of wins together? I was hoping they'd take 1 of these 2 and they won them both. The latter of the two started out slow again to start, picked up in the second, and slowly felt like it would slip away.

If this is some whiney bull shit because I disagreed with you that Holmes is better than Noel, really? Grow the fuck up. I commented on the game as it unfolded, while discrediting both. And with that, sixers still won the game. If you feel like shitting on the team more than getting excited about what they're doing, I don't know what to say.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have trouble following here. I've watched almost every game of the process. Am I supposed to feel shitty about the team finally stringing a lot of wins together? I was hoping they'd take 1 of these 2 and they won them both. The latter of the two started out slow again to start, picked up in the second, and slowly felt like it would slip away.

If this is some whiney bull shit because I disagreed with you that Holmes is better than Noel, really? Grow the fuck up. I commented on the game as it unfolded, while discrediting both. And with that, sixers still won the game. If you feel like shitting on the team more than getting excited about what they're doing, I don't know what to say.

Please don't feed the trolls...

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK 1st off, eat it dick. It's called sarcasm. I'm a sixers fan since birth. Holmes is so better. Noel is a put back player. He's good for Tip ins and ally oops. There's nothing wrong with that. That will work great once Simmons get here. They both will rebound and block shots. Holmes gives u more offensively. If u don't like my comments, don't fuckin read them. Other than that, let's agree to disagree.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK 1st off, eat it dick. It's called sarcasm. I'm a sixers fan since birth. Holmes is so better. Noel is a put back player. He's good for Tip ins and ally oops. There's nothing wrong with that. That will work great once Simmons get here. They both will rebound and block shots. Holmes gives u more offensively. If u don't like my comments, don't fuckin read them. Other than that, let's agree to disagree.
You've used that before. Playing "sarcasm". Your posts just don't make any sense. I'll read them, it only takes a second. I'll just have to remember where it's coming from.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where da fuck were u last season or the season before that? Why are u posting on this board now? Where was all this insight that u have when they were really bad? Like I said, don't fucking read it. Just scroll down to the next post. And you know what, that next post might be mines also. So, get use to it.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason I'm just glad people are posting on this board finally. We're all not going to agree on everything.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where da fuck were u last season or the season before that? Why are u posting on this board now? Where was all this insight that u have when they were really bad? Like I said, don't fucking read it. Just scroll down to the next post. And you know what, that next post might be mines also. So, get use to it.

I'm here because the board I was posting on was dead. I don't want to scroll past your posts, because there still isn't much being posted on here and I would like back and forth with others. Here's where I was the last two years. I'm Bender. Most posts in the thread, but not much action going on.

2014-15 Season

2015-16 Season

I'm not some fairweather fan that has just come along. I usually post tongue in cheek on some things regarding the current success, but I'm very happy with the recent run. There hasn't been a lot of room for enthusiasm for the team. You're a philly fan all around same as I am, as is the only way (not that one has to be a philly fan, wherever you're from it's cool if you're a fan of the proper team you should be).

The team has come through in the end of games recently, which, when a team wins in the final moments to me is when the emotions are at there highest and lowest. I got down and came right back up in the last 90 seconds of their game against the bucks. I just don't see why you felt the need to shit on that. I've acknowledged on here I'm a Noel fanboy and don't care for Okafor. I know there's differing opinions on that. You like Holmes better. I also like Holmes. When it comes down to money (or ego) he may be the better fit.

I just don't get why you felt the need to shit on happiness over a win.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm here because the board I was posting on was dead. I don't want to scroll past your posts, because there still isn't much being posted on here and I would like back and forth with others. Here's where I was the last two years. I'm Bender. Most posts in the thread, but not much action going on.

2014-15 Season

2015-16 Season

I'm not some fairweather fan that has just come along. I usually post tongue in cheek on some things regarding the current success, but I'm very happy with the recent run. There hasn't been a lot of room for enthusiasm for the team. You're a philly fan all around same as I am, as is the only way (not that one has to be a philly fan, wherever you're from it's cool if you're a fan of the proper team you should be).

The team has come through in the end of games recently, which, when a team wins in the final moments to me is when the emotions are at there highest and lowest. I got down and came right back up in the last 90 seconds of their game against the bucks. I just don't see why you felt the need to shit on that. I've acknowledged on here I'm a Noel fanboy and don't care for Okafor. I know there's differing opinions on that. You like Holmes better. I also like Holmes. When it comes down to money (or ego) he may be the better fit.

I just don't get why you felt the need to shit on happiness over a win.

I've never heard of this 'Bender'.
I think he's just making it all up.....
:noidea:

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was suppose to be at tonight's game against the Rockets. I was excited to see the beard. But, I had to swap out my tiks because I forgot my wife and I already had tiks for the blacktie tailgate(philly car show) tonight. Happy wife happy life.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was suppose to be at tonight's game against the Rockets. I was excited to see the beard. But, I had to swap out my tiks because I forgot my wife and I already had tiks for the blacktie tailgate(philly car show) tonight. Happy wife happy life.
You are a wise man!

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Holmes a lot. I'd be ok with keeping Holmes and trading Noel (the money alone helps that make sense) but I agree with Taddy Mason on this. Noel is very disruptive defensively and the hope is that he can mix in well with Simmons. His offensive game leaves a lot to be desired -- and Holmes shows some potential to be much better offensively than Noel . . . but Holmes is not a finished product either. Ultimately, it's proven to be a good thing that we have this embarrassment of riches at the center position. My guess is that they end up trading Okafor for basically nothing, pay Noel, and they keep Holmes as a rotational backup. He has the potential to be a valuable contributor to this team when they're going deep into the playoffs, possibly as soon as next season.