• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G52 25-16-10 Kings @ Bruins 2/17/24

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The captain Andre Kopitar..." anyone catch that? Classic.

So fitting that Kopitar got the goal in Boston - out produced Bergeron offensively over his career, both are excellent defensively but Kopitar lived in his shadow his entire career.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to get a point, Kings with a good game with huge breakdowns sprinkled in. Overall a game against another tough opponent that give some hope

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The captain Andre Kopitar..." anyone catch that? Classic.

So fitting that Kopitar got the goal in Boston - out produced Bergeron offensively over his career, both are excellent defensively but Kopitar lived in his shadow his entire career.

Had to change from laughing to bullseye haha

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was just as good if not better than Bergeron. I loved Bergeron too but Kopitar never got the same respect.

Clarke, oof...just got tooled by Pasta - vet got him good. Big kill.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings need someone that can give a better response to things like that earlier elbow

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good redemption Clarke!

First NHL goal and it's an OTGW. He's definitely tentative, you can see it but glad to see the kid make up for that penalty.

Big win in Boston, off to Pittsburgh for tomorrow.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to get a point, Kings with a good game with huge breakdowns sprinkled in. Overall a game against another tough opponent that give some hope

Dude IDGAF at this point if they play a Bantam team, they need wins and points. Boston is tough, glad to see the Kings put up a fight and claw back.

Keep it rolling. Blues play Nashville at 2pm, no doubt they watched this game looking at one of the two WC spots.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been traveling and haven't been able to watch. Two wins is two wins. Kings always suck balls in Buffalo so you had to see how else they'd respond after that game, and at least they got some wins. Kings usually get clapped in Pittsburgh, so we'll see about tomorrow. Clarke with the nice finish after the team penalty kill. Sounded like Rittich also had some big saves.

How are the lines working? Arvidsson looks okay?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are the lines working? Arvidsson looks okay?

Lines seem to be generating more chances than under McLellan and his refusal to change things up. Roy was really involved offensively it seems recently, 3 of the 4 regulation goals were all scored being at the net and in Ullmark's face - only Gavrikov's was a long shot that fortunately hit a Bruin and deflected in but seems like they're funneling more to the front and not looking for the perfect play.

Arvidsson wasn't as noticeable in this game as his debut, but it looked like the Bruins targeted him for sure. He took some hits, especially a non elbow call by Marchand that should have been a penalty. Anderson also took a weird one that looked like it injured his leg or something.

Overall take the 2 points and run.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kinda crazy. Just like 5 straight slides of LA beating Boston in Boston in OT. Really weird theme that keeps happening

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lines seem to be generating more chances than under McLellan and his refusal to change things up. Roy was really involved offensively it seems recently, 3 of the 4 regulation goals were all scored being at the net and in Ullmark's face - only Gavrikov's was a long shot that fortunately hit a Bruin and deflected in but seems like they're funneling more to the front and not looking for the perfect play.

Arvidsson wasn't as noticeable in this game as his debut, but it looked like the Bruins targeted him for sure. He took some hits, especially a non elbow call by Marchand that should have been a penalty. Anderson also took a weird one that looked like it injured his leg or something.

Overall take the 2 points and run.

Thanks for the response. I mean, like I said, just changing it up and seeing what works or doesn't work is where this team should be at. I'm okay seeing the struggles as we see what guys might gel or not not gel.