• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Texas Rangers are 2015 AL West Champions!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer someone else.

So many folks are enraptured with Michael and I do get it. But folks, he's never coached. Not saying he can't, but it's not on his resume.

So can we assume, please, MY isn't good at anything/everything baseball related? Please

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby Lewis, Chris Gimenez have surgery. Beltre torn ligament. Mike Napoli, Gallardo
Rangers pitcher Colby Lewis had surgery on Friday to clean up his torn meniscus in his left knee. Lewis had pitched with it for much of the second half of the season.

General manager Jon Daniels admitted that third baseman Adrian Beltre has a torn ligament in his left thumb. Surgery is a distinct possibility but a final decision has not been made.

Catcher Chris Gimenez has cleanup surgery on his right shoulder and Carlos Corporan had surgery on his left thumb.

Daniels said the Rangers have interest in re-signing Mike Napoli as the Rangers need right-handed hitting

The Rangers are planning to offer Yovani Gallardo a $15.8 million qualifying offer.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many folks are enraptured with Michael

Cracks me up every time I would hear the commercials about how Young was a "selfless player who always did what was best for the team" or some such.

Could've sworn he pissed and moaned every time he was asked to switch positions.

Admittedly, that has nothing to do with his potential ability as a hitting coach.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would use the word caution here here. if you rush him you may lose him for even longer
No rushing him would be involved. We didn't rush Perez at all and he is younger and would require even more caution than Yu. Expecting Yu back with the same timeframe as Perez is being conservative. Expecting him to be back with the same timeframe as Strasburg could be rushing things.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasting money on desperate veterans usually ends up just that wasting money. They hardly ever produce anything of value. So instead of wasting 9 to 12M on a couple of desperate pitchers why not spend that money on one quality pitcher like Gallardo. And then bring in the old reliable guy Colby too. Then you have a rotation of Hamels, Holland, Gallardo, Perez & Lewis that gets you started out on the right foot at the beginning of the season and then have the luxury of Yu appearing around the 1st of June and working his way back to full strength. It sings for me but I'm just one fan
No one said anything about a couple of desperate veterans. I said they might consider someone like that as insurance. Even if you had two they wouldn't cost half of the amount you gave and they probably wouldn't cost much of anything if they didn't make the club out of ST. They will probably bring in a back of the rotation guy similar to Colby and then let a young pitcher like Chi Chi or Martinez take Yu's spot for a few weeks. Your guy Tepesch might be in the running as well.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No rushing him would be involved. We didn't rush Perez at all and he is younger and would require even more caution than Yu. Expecting Yu back with the same timeframe as Perez is being conservative. Expecting him to be back with the same timeframe as Strasburg could be rushing things.
People being like snow flakes are all different. Way early to know who will heal and recover in any certain framework. Many have been very critical of Holland since his return. I suspect he will be back to his old self by ST. Perez seemed to have done a little better than Derek. What To expect from Yu will be only an educated guess. But isn't nice to know they will be ready to go.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many have been very critical of Holland since his return.

Holland was very solid for a few weeks upon his return. Then he had a couple of rough starts, his hair became an issue, and it all pretty much fell apart. Not sure if his issues were physical, mental, or a combo. Hope it all gets figured out.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perez and Holland had completely different injuries, so their recovery times are going to be different. I don't see how they are comparable.

Darvish and Perez, however, had the exact same problem. I think in general, Tommy John surgery is about a 2 year time table for a player to return to full strength. And even then, there is no guarantee that a player will return to their pre-injury form.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite rumors of MY and Giambi, I wonder if Banny has one of his old cronies in mind for hitting coach

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perez and Holland had completely different injuries, so their recovery times are going to be different. I don't see how they are comparable.

Darvish and Perez, however, had the exact same problem. I think in general, Tommy John surgery is about a 2 year time table for a player to return to full strength. And even then, there is no guarantee that a player will return to their pre-injury form.

Actually it's not 2 years to return to full strength. It's control that takes a while to return.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will probably bring in a back of the rotation guy similar to Colby and then let a young pitcher like Chi Chi or Martinez take Yu's spot for a few weeks. Your guy Tepesch might be in the running as well.

Ya know, we seem to forget how good Martinez was very early in this years season, how much potential Gonzalez has shown, and the most-of-most forgotten ones in Tepesch.

There's no reason to sell these youngster short, and feel optimism moving forward.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I simply mean it takes roughly 2 years to expect them to be back to where they were pre-injury.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Tepesch coming back at all. I think other pitchers like Martinez and Gonzalez have passed him by.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I simply mean it takes roughly 2 years to expect them to be back to where they were pre-injury.

Take it for whatever its worth, but Fraley said on the radio yesterday that he's been hearing 16-18 month recovery time for TJS the last few years. Now though, he's saying that he's hearing it is 2 years to get back completely to where a guy was before the surgery and he thinks it will be 2 years before Darvish is Darvish again. Then again aren't all these just guesses and best/worst case scenarios that folks spew all the time, lots for talking points and hits on their stories on baseball sites?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, when was the last time anyone has heard about Tepesch? He got hurt a long time ago, then nothing. And now there are guys coming up that are probably going to be a part of the Rangers' plans more than Tepesch. It just seems like to me that his time has come and gone.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't phrase it as Tepesch "not coming back," I don't think there was that much there to begin with.

Exactly.....it's not like he was gonna be a #3 on a yearly bases anyway. But he can fill in/5th starter/spot starter type. And for whatever it's worth, he'll be 28 in Oct. Not like he's Colby or something.

A man wiser than me said, "you better have 10 starters at any given time." Or something like that. Regardless, it is a point well taken on my part.

Line up right now, who would be a candidate to be one of those 10 for next season. Good luck.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For-whatever-its-worth: Just saw a crawl which stated the ballots for the baseball HOF has been reduced from 600 to 450.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For-whatever-its-worth: Just saw a crawl which stated the ballots for the baseball HOF has been reduced from 600 to 450.
Does that mean I didn't make it and Crawler did?:noidea: