• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Texas Rangers are 2015 AL West Champions!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that Colby finished the year playing on a torn meniscus. He tore it sometimes in May or June.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On his plant leg no less.
Between Beltre and Colby I don't know who the tougher dude is, but damn those guys are fucking animals. It's like they don't process pain the same way normal people do. They just block it out and keep working for the team.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby Lewis, Chris Gimenez have surgery. Beltre torn ligament. Mike Napoli, Gallardo
Rangers pitcher Colby Lewis had surgery on Friday to clean up his torn meniscus in his left knee. Lewis had pitched with it for much of the second half of the season.

General manager Jon Daniels admitted that third baseman Adrian Beltre has a torn ligament in his left thumb. Surgery is a distinct possibility but a final decision has not been made.

Catcher Chris Gimenez has cleanup surgery on his right shoulder and Carlos Corporan had surgery on his left thumb.

Daniels said the Rangers have interest in re-signing Mike Napoli as the Rangers need right-handed hitting

The Rangers are planning to offer Yovani Gallardo a $15.8 million qualifying offer.

I won't be surprised if YoGa takes that QO. The Rangers have to be afraid of that.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't be surprised if YoGa takes that QO. The Rangers have to be afraid of that.

No player has ever done it. Why would he take a one year deal when he can easily get the same deal McCarthy got. He's younger than McCarthy and has more upside if he pitches like he is capable.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALCS is frustrating. I'm pleased with the result so far, but I'm tuning it out and not watching. I still believe we would have beat the royals in either the ALDS or ALCS format, liked our chances against anyone but the Jays really.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No player has ever done it. Why would he take a one year deal when he can easily get the same deal McCarthy got. He's younger than McCarthy and has more upside if he pitches like he is capable.

It's also never been 15.8 million with the amount of quality pitchers on the market.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McCarthy didn't have the QO attached to his name either. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if he accepts it to stay close to home and he can still hit FA next year seeking a 5-6 year deal that puts him around his 36-37 year old season. Last time I checked 16 is better than 12. Plus we wouldn't be able to give him another QO next year. He would be able to get more without the QO attached to his name.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy didn't have the QO attached to his name either. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if he accepts it to stay close to home and he can still hit FA next year seeking a 5-6 year deal that puts him around his 36-37 year old season. Last time I checked 16 is better than 12. Plus we wouldn't be able to give him another QO next year. He would be able to get more without the QO attached to his name.

I was worried about it but now I am not. He will accept because of the injury risk. Just the safe move. And if we get him a year it would not be terrible anyways.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And? Why would you take a one year deal when you can get almost 50 million? 50 million is more than 16. This is like asking why Dez didn't wanna sign the franchise tag because it was worth 12.8 million...because he could make more if he got a contract that's why!

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And? Why would you take a one year deal when you can get almost 50 million? 50 million is more than 16. This is like asking why Dez didn't wanna sign the franchise tag because it was worth 12.8 million...because he could make more if he got a contract that's why!

Bad comparison. Dez got more per year by signing the deal than he would have with the QO. If you read my post than I told you why I think this way. He can hit the FA market next year after making 16 million and sign a deal that takes him closer to what will be the end of his career.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Btw McCarthy didn't receive a QO because he wasn't allowed to be offered one. He was traded during the season not before, so you cannot offer a guy you trade for during the season a QO.