• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Official 2015 Ram's Draft Class

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the 2015 Draft is in the books. Here's my quick 2 cents on our selections. I'll even throw in "grades" (even though I think they're premature. Lol)

-Rd 1, #10 (10) Todd Gurley RB/Georgia.
The biggest surprise of our draft (to me) left me scratching my head at first, considering the talent at RB already in place. But Gurley is a real-deal talent. No denying that. I don't get into hyperbole (much), so you won't see me throwing around "Hall of Fame" comparisons like many other Rams fans. But if he's healthy, he could be a HUGE part of our offense for years to come. (B-)

-Rd 2, #25 (52) Rob Havenstein T/Wisconsin
Probably my favorite pick of the draft. Nobody's carving his bust in Canton, mind you... but he's "day one ready" and should be an extremely solid anchor on the right side for years to come. Excellent pick IMO. (A)

-Rd 3, #8 (72) Jamon Brown T/Louisville
I don't know a whole lot about Brown, but all signs point to pretty good value for a 3rd round pick. He's got a lot of upside and can play either guard or tackle efficiently. I'm penciling him into the "he can't be any worse than what we already have" category. (C+)

-Rd 4 #25 (89) Sean Mannion QB/Oregon St.
Finally, a legit contingency plan at QB and not just another camp arm (Garrett Gilbert, anyone?). He's not being brought in to start, so obviously he needs work. He's a backup... for now. He's a large frame QB with a lot of potential that needs to flesh out some inconsistency issues. Hopefully, though... we won't even see him for a few years, at least, not until he's a bit more polished. (B-)

-Rd 4 #20 (119) Andrew Donnal T/Iowa
If I don't know much about Brown... I know even less about Donnal. From what I hear, he's technically strong, but physically weak. I think that's better than the opposite, though. A little strength and conditioning could be all it takes to turn this guy into a stud. I do like the idea of Big 10 linemen, though. Hopefully he's ready to put in the work. (C)

-Rd 6 #25 (201) Bud Sasser WR/Missouri
Mizzou's #1 WR last year, Sasser is a big target that doesn't break coverage very well. With work, he could figure in very nicely in short yardage/goalline packages with Quick and Britt, creating sort of a "tri-towers" effect. I doubt he's going to be seriously pushing anybody for a starting job, though. (C-)

The Rest:
-Rd 6 #39 (215) Cody Wichmann G/Fresno St.
-Rd 7 #7 (224) Bryce Hager LB/Baylor
-Rd 7 #10 (227) Martin Ifedi DE/Memphis

I know nothing about these guys, other than what I've read. Not much on Wichmann sounds like purely a "depth" guy. Nothing but good things about Hager. He could benefit from learning behind Li'l Animal, but probably nothing more than a special teamer. Ifedi is a 7th round tweener (stop me if you've heard this story before. Lol) who'll have a tough time making the team.

All-in-all, I'm pleased with how everything played out. The draft was offense heavy and this new competition should be good for the team. Next stop... training camp! LET'S GO RAMS!!!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Mannion is the career passing leader in the Pac 12. This without the excellent program around him. He is a solid pick and a QB we can get behind in the future.
And I will blue but to your first sentence, he was also a 4 year starter and that is really rare for a quality QB in the PAC.

Here are the first three years of college for these two...
Hundley
Passing
Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
837 1239 67.6 9966 8 8.3 75 25 151.1
Rushing
Att Yds Avg TD
479 1747 3.6 30

Mannion

Passing
Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
905 1385 65.2 10436 7.5 6.9 68 46 137.5
Rushing
Att Yds Avg TD
84 -498 -5.7 2

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the 2015 Draft is in the books. Here's my quick 2 cents on our selections. I'll even throw in "grades" (even though I think they're premature. Lol)

-Rd 1, #10 (10) Todd Gurley RB/Georgia.
The biggest surprise of our draft (to me) left me scratching my head at first, considering the talent at RB already in place. But Gurley is a real-deal talent. No denying that. I don't get into hyperbole (much), so you won't see me throwing around "Hall of Fame" comparisons like many other Rams fans. But if he's healthy, he could be a HUGE part of our offense for years to come. (B-)

-Rd 2, #25 (52) Rob Havenstein T/Wisconsin
Probably my favorite pick of the draft. Nobody's carving his bust in Canton, mind you... but he's "day one ready" and should be an extremely solid anchor on the right side for years to come. Excellent pick IMO. (A)

-Rd 3, #8 (72) Jamon Brown T/Louisville
I don't know a whole lot about Brown, but all signs point to pretty good value for a 3rd round pick. He's got a lot of upside and can play either guard or tackle efficiently. I'm penciling him into the "he can't be any worse than what we already have" category. (C+)

-Rd 4 #25 (89) Sean Mannion QB/Oregon St.
Finally, a legit contingency plan at QB and not just another camp arm (Garrett Gilbert, anyone?). He's not being brought in to start, so obviously he needs work. He's a backup... for now. He's a large frame QB with a lot of potential that needs to flesh out some inconsistency issues. Hopefully, though... we won't even see him for a few years, at least, not until he's a bit more polished. (B-)

-Rd 4 #20 (119) Andrew Donnal T/Iowa
If I don't know much about Brown... I know even less about Donnal. From what I hear, he's technically strong, but physically weak. I think that's better than the opposite, though. A little strength and conditioning could be all it takes to turn this guy into a stud. I do like the idea of Big 10 linemen, though. Hopefully he's ready to put in the work. (C)

-Rd 6 #25 (201) Bud Sasser WR/Missouri
Mizzou's #1 WR last year, Sasser is a big target that doesn't break coverage very well. With work, he could figure in very nicely in short yardage/goalline packages with Quick and Britt, creating sort of a "tri-towers" effect. I doubt he's going to be seriously pushing anybody for a starting job, though. (C-)

The Rest:
-Rd 6 #39 (215) Cody Wichmann G/Fresno St.
-Rd 7 #7 (224) Bryce Hager LB/Baylor
-Rd 7 #10 (227) Martin Ifedi DE/Memphis

I know nothing about these guys, other than what I've read. Not much on Wichmann sounds like purely a "depth" guy. Nothing but good things about Hager. He could benefit from learning behind Li'l Animal, but probably nothing more than a special teamer. Ifedi is a 7th round tweener (stop me if you've heard this story before. Lol) who'll have a tough time making the team.

All-in-all, I'm pleased with how everything played out. The draft was offense heavy and this new competition should be good for the team. Next stop... training camp! LET'S GO RAMS!!!
Hey Caynine! Hows you been stranger?

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I like Petty, I watched him at the combine and he disappointed. Evaluators can't help but wonder how he would hold up against an NFL pass rush, let alone everything else he would need to adjust to.

Hundley is the boom or bust. His junior year was awesome. Green Bay has the best chance to maximize his raw ability.

Mannion is the safe pick, but he fits us perfectly. We have the personnel that he didn't at Oregon State and he will be ready to go when we need him.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Gurley, this draft was not sexy for us. I know I advocated BPA and then 3 rounds of O Line. Maybe some of the O line guys were projected to go lower but Fisher had a plan and these guys fit his plan. After the Brown pick they said in the last 2 rounds the Rams drafted 13 ft and almost 660 lbs of O Line. Both guys apparently have a mean streak.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good, man. Thanks for asking. Just took a bit of a hiatus from the boards during the slow season. Lol.
Good to see you pop in for the draft!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like most of the picks, I just think we reached and could have gotten a few in later rounds..

Looks like our right side will be rookies going into NFC West division play as well. We shall see

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like most of the picks, I just think we reached and could have gotten a few in later rounds..

Looks like our right side will be rookies going into NFC West division play as well. We shall see

No guarantee those guys would've been available later SJ.

Better to just stick with your board then to lose out on the players you want.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No guarantee those guys would've been available later SJ.

Better to just stick with your board then to lose out on the players you want.

They reached. Even on Havenstein and I like the pick. But the other OTs were forecasted to go in rounds 4-5 (Brown) and 5-6. And there were other O-lineman out there with just as much talent in those rounds as well.

I get everyone likes us loading up on O-lineman. We'll see what happens because 2 of them are going to line up at RG and RT.

They could have absolutely killed this draft. And it still may be good, if Gurley hits and 2 of the O-lineman are good..

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They reached. Even on Havenstein and I like the pick. But the other OTs were forecasted to go in rounds 4-5 (Brown) and 5-6. And there were other O-lineman out there with just as much talent in those rounds as well.

I get everyone likes us loading up on O-lineman. We'll see what happens because 2 of them are going to line up at RG and RT.

They could have absolutely killed this draft. And it still may be good, if Gurley hits and 2 of the O-lineman are good..

The OTs were all bumped up two spots by the Collins saga and Clemmings' injury concerns. Most had Ogbuehi in the 2nd or 3rd, he went in the first. Who knows where some of these guys would've come off the board if the Rams hadn't picked them?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft fit a lot of needs and Gurley could end up being a major steal at 10 & together with our FA moves I'm feeling good about the off season as of today...

We shored up last years weak coral of QB's by trading for young talent and then adding depth. First trading for Foles, then signing Davis & Kneenum to one year tenures and for the cherry on top we draft Mannion for the future.

We still managed to add quality depth to a pretty decent Defense. First on the D line by acquiring FA's Fairley to one of the better D Line's in the league and added more youth to our stable of Linebackers with the signing FA Ayers.

Still on the offensive side, we resigned Britt and both TE's in Kendricks & Harkey and then added all the O line prospects from the draft.

Also replacing Shottie at the OC spot could make this year an exciting one to watch!

This could all shape up to be the year where we finally break through!

I for one can't wait!!!

Last edited:

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Saffold will move to Right Guard to help out Havenstein. Brown will be a left guard and hopefully Robinson and whoever the center is can help him along as well.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In one of my draft mags, there was a quote about Jamon Brown becoming a bulldozer of a blocker if moved inside, with possible pro-bowl potential. Sounds good to me.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OTs were all bumped up two spots by the Collins saga and Clemmings' injury concerns. Most had Ogbuehi in the 2nd or 3rd, he went in the first. Who knows where some of these guys would've come off the board if the Rams hadn't picked them?

:agree:

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donovan Smith was projected by many to go in the third round and went in the top of the second!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the few times I remember our team having such a set plan at the draft. BPA at #10 and then the players the coach wanted for the O Line. Snisher apparently said this is the best O lineman for the offense we are going to run. Rather than wait to take the player where he was "projected", he made sure that's the player he got. Apparently he thought Havenstein and Brown were the best options for our offense. As such I would rather him take them early and miss out because another team took them in the 3rd or 4th round before we picked. Without so many holes to fill, we were able to get what we wanted.

This draft wasn't sexy but makes us a better team. After so many years of losing its refreshing to see the FO taking some shots vs. a safe pick.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the few times I remember our team having such a set plan at the draft. BPA at #10 and then the players the coach wanted for the O Line. Snisher apparently said this is the best O lineman for the offense we are going to run. Rather than wait to take the player where he was "projected", he made sure that's the player he got. Apparently he thought Havenstein and Brown were the best options for our offense. As such I would rather him take them early and miss out because another team took them in the 3rd or 4th round before we picked. Without so many holes to fill, we were able to get what we wanted.

This draft wasn't sexy but makes us a better team. After so many years of losing its refreshing to see the FO taking some shots vs. a safe pick.

...and they did actually trade down considerably in the 2nd round before taking Havenstein, which allowed them to add Mannion and Sasser to the roster.