• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Official 2015 Ram's Draft Class

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RD 1 10 Todd Gurley | RB, Georgia Height: 6-1 Weight: 222
I don´t think the Rams are in a spot to be able to take a back this high. But then again, it´s Jeff Fisher. He loves to run it.

RD2 57 Robby Havenstein | OT, Wisconsin Height: 6-7 Weight: 321
I love this pick. He is a mauler in the run game. He can play right tackle or move inside. Todd Gurley will come to like this pick.

RD3 72 Jamon Brown | OT, Louisville Height: 6-4 Weight: 323
This is another lineman I love. He was on my Better-Than team and will end up moving inside to guard.

RD3 89 Sean Mannion | QB, Oregon State Height: 6-6 Weight: 229
This is nice value here at this point. I think he´s the third-best quarterback in this draft and gives them a young passer behind Nick Foles.

RD4 119 Andrew Donnal | OT, Iowa Height: 6-6 Weight: 313
Donnal is a one-year starter at right tackle who´s technically efficient as most Iowa lineman are but is limited in terms of strength and athleticism.

RD6 201 Bud Sasser | WR, Missouri Height: 6-3 Weight: 219
A 1,000-yard wideout in 2014 with good size, body control and ball skills. Doesn´t offer much speed-wise but is a really intriguing prospect.

RD6 215 Cody Wichmann | OG, Fresno State Height: 6-5 Weight: 319
Starting right guard on offense in the Mountain West that averaged 547.8 yards per game. He has versatility to play along the line and ran a sub-5.0 40-yard dash at 6-foot-5, 319 pounds.

RD7 224 Bryce Hager | ILB, Baylor Height: 6-1 Weight: 234
Loved his tape. Hager has bloodlines, is very instinctive and understands his position. Lacks elite measurables but can carve out a role in the NFL.

RD7 227 Martin Ifedi | DE, Memphis Height: 6-3 Weight: 275
Limited athletic presence on the defensive line but career sack leader for Memphis who seemed to always find a way to the quarterback.

O and Stacy was traded to the Jets for the Hager Pick!

(Stolen Info from CBSSPORTS)

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The folks over at CBS are still light between the ears. Wichmann is closer to 325 lbs and Donnal is closer to 320 lbs. Its all good though Red.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RD 1 10 Todd Gurley | RB, Georgia Height: 6-1 Weight: 222

todd-gurley-georgia.jpg

RD2 57 Rob Havenstein | OT, Wisconsin Height: 6-7 Weight: 321

rob-havenstein-ncaa-football-texas-el-paso-wisconsin-850x560.jpg

RD3 72 Jamon Brown | OT, Louisville Height: 6-4 Weight: 323

jamon-brown.jpeg

RD3 89 Sean Mannion | QB, Oregon State Height: 6-6 Weight: 229

512x.jpg

RD4 119 Andrew Donnal | OT, Iowa Height: 6-6 Weight: 313

hi-res-d8b71242a7ebb62eca71ebb7bd12e107_crop_north.jpg

RD6 201 Bud Sasser | WR, Missouri Height: 6-3 Weight: 219

Bud+Sasser+Missouri+v+Tennessee+0wjdeIm2jxPl.jpg

RD6 215 Cody Wichmann | OG, Fresno State Height: 6-5 Weight: 319

hi-res-0fdc1f6d428fee28b2a5b14a2add6551_crop_north.jpg

RD7 224 Bryce Hager | ILB, Baylor Height: 6-1 Weight: 234

54a63c393e934.image.jpg

RD7 227 Martin Ifedi | DE, Memphis Height: 6-3 Weight: 275

Ifedi.jpg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad we went offensive heavy this draft after going heavy on defense in free agency. Even though I still don't like spending our #1 on Gurley, hopefully he will prove me wrong (unlike Bradford).

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, here is my take on our draft class:

#1 - Obviously when it came time for us to choose at #10, Scherff, White and Cooper were gone. It would have been too high to choose the next O lineman or WR. Most likely there was no logical trade offers made either. So you go with the BPA at that point and Gurley sure as hell was the BPA there. He will immediately make the offense balanced. He and Mason will be a very nice "thunder and lightning" duo.

#2 - If we did not know Fisher wants to run the football before, we do now. The law firm of Havenstein and Brown will lock up the right side for a LONG time. Hell, I think I could run for close to 1000 with the type of holes these kids will create. And you know the rotation factor we all love on the D line? We have that now on the O line as well. I called Havenstein and Donnal coming here, but I did not see RH going in round 2. He will be a STUD at RT.

#3 - Watch out for Bryce Hager. His father Britt actually played for the Rams at one point in his career. Hager will be groomed to replace JL55 and in the immediate term at least be able to give him a breather now and then, something he has not really had.

#4- I was surprised we did not take a DB late in the draft (instead of Wichmann or Ifedi) nor have we signed any so far as UDFA. There were TONS of good ones still out there that have since been snatched up.

#5 - While I am surprised they passed up Petty and Hundley, I actually like the Mannion pick. He reminds me of Flacco. Solid but not flashy or spectacular. Great choice.

#6 - IMO, Sasser was a wasted pick. He is no better than any of our top 5 WR. I probably would have gone DB or OLB there instead.

All in all, I give the draft as a whole a B+/A-. The draft will be an A if Havenstein and Brown play well and Gurley does what most people think he will do. Hurry up August!!!!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, here is my take on our draft class:

#1 - Obviously when it came time for us to choose at #10, Scherff, White and Cooper were gone. It would have been too high to choose the next O lineman or WR. Most likely there was no logical trade offers made either. So you go with the BPA at that point and Gurley sure as hell was the BPA there. He will immediately make the offense balanced. He and Mason will be a very nice "thunder and lightning" duo.

#2 - If we did not know Fisher wants to run the football before, we do now. The law firm of Havenstein and Brown will lock up the right side for a LONG time. Hell, I think I could run for close to 1000 with the type of holes these kids will create. And you know the rotation factor we all love on the D line? We have that now on the O line as well. I called Havenstein and Donnal coming here, but I did not see RH going in round 2. He will be a STUD at RT.

#3 - Watch out for Bryce Hager. His father Britt actually played for the Rams at one point in his career. Hager will be groomed to replace JL55 and in the immediate term at least be able to give him a breather now and then, something he has not really had.

#4- I was surprised we did not take a DB late in the draft (instead of Wichmann or Ifedi) nor have we signed any so far as UDFA. There were TONS of good ones still out there that have since been snatched up.

#5 - While I am surprised they passed up Petty and Hundley, I actually like the Mannion pick. He reminds me of Flacco. Solid but not flashy or spectacular. Great choice.

#6 - IMO, Sasser was a wasted pick. He is no better than any of our top 5 WR. I probably would have gone DB or OLB there instead.

All in all, I give the draft as a whole a B+/A-. The draft will be an A if Havenstein and Brown play well and Gurley does what most people think he will do. Hurry up August!!!!

Nice recap KSU

I liked the draft as well. A lot of people said the Rams took the OL they did too early, but really who are we to say it was too early just because Kiper or some other guy says they thought they were later round prospects.

I liked that the guys they took are road graders to go with the ground and pound game plan. Hopefully these guys are adequate enough in pass protection to not be a liability.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I liked the Sasser pick for insurance in case Quick doesn't come back the same or gets injured again. That shoulder injury was pretty bad, so you never know.

Sasser gives them another big body receiver to use in case he gets injured or leaves via FA after this season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Imoan Claiborne, CB, Northwestern State
Imoan Claiborne Draft Profile NFL.com
Imoan Claiborne | Northwestern State, CB : 2015 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Jay Hughes, DB, Mississippi State
Jay Hughes | Mississippi State, CB : 2015 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Jacob Hagen, S, Liberty
Jacob Hagen | Liberty, FS : 2015 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks as thought the line is pretty much solid now with the bigems being drafted. So what does that say about Barksdale.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am liking this draft the more I continue to research the guys they have chosen. I agree with Commish's grade too.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barksdale's career with the Rams is all but done. He waited too long chasing the big bucks. I'll be surprised if they bring him back to take a roster spot when they get these boxcars that we selected in camp. All of them are HUGE!!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the Rams have to do is hit on Gurley and 2 of the 4 linemen for this draft to be a success. Given the size of the olinemen, the nature of the position and how good Gurley was in college, I like the Rams odds

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our draft was a huge success for many reasons:

1) BPA in first round (which the Rams follow) turned out to be the best RB. Protects us in case of injury to Mason in the short term and gives us an MVP type game-changer for years. A+

2) As predicted by many of us, we traded down for extra picks. A+

3) I always shake my head when I hear the talking heads say a particular player should have gone a round or two later. There's no guarantee that player will still be there when it's our turn to pick again. Donovan Smith was projected by many to be a third round pick and he went in the top of the second round. Scherff and Flowers were taken before our first pick. Ouguhbui and Humphries go later in the first round. Add in the circumstances of Collins and Clemmings and you see how quickly OT's were disappearing.

We had a good feeling Havenstein was going to be there after the trade down. He fits our system, blocked for Melvin Gordon, and is a leader by all who played with him at Wisconsin. A+

4) We all knew we were going to draft multiple O-Lineman. Mission accomplished. The Rams took the players THEY wanted. A+

5) A QB!!! Per my draft thread "Lack Of Vision Of Front Office", the Rams finally corrected a major flaw in their draft decision making process by taking one! Bottom Line - If you don't take one you are GAURANTEED not to have one work out! A+

People are saying it was not a sexy draft for us but I disagree when we take a RB and a QB early. Let's sign some priority undrafted free agents!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree RamCub. The more research I do on this draft, the more I like it and I really am beginning to like this Rams draft in its entirety. Even Rounds 6 and 7 with Wichmann, Hagar, and Ifedi were still good.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Retro. I like our late round picks too. We seem to be good at late round DE's - Sims and Selvie come to mind.

Also, you might remember the year the Rams drafted three O-Lineman early - the draft with Dennis Harrah, Doug France, and ...

That set us up for years to come on the o-line.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I do remember that draft and this one reminded me of that one. Those four guys they drafted could be the future along with GRob. Good stuff.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is not a pick I don't like.

As some of you know however I was disappointed in the Mannion pick. We had a chance to pick a guy with a high risk/reward with our extra trade-down & late third round pick.

At that point I'd rather see them Rams go with another position of need rather than grab the safe QB with the extra pick.

We already have Foles, Keenum & Davis on the roster all who have won NFL games so the pick there at three I would have liked to see would be that high risk/high reward pick at QB with a different style & skill set from the prototypical pocket passers we already have.

Hundley was there and the real knock about him was his escapability or his high number of sacks. As much of a Mora/Mazzone fan I am these challenges with development could be on them as much as on Brett.

Other than that, I think this Rams draft is spot on!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is not a pick I don't like.

As some of you know however I was disappointed in the Mannion pick. We had a chance to pick a guy with a high risk/reward with our extra trade-down & late third round pick.

At that point I'd rather see them Rams go with another position of need rather than grab the safe QB with the extra pick.

We already have Foles, Keenum & Davis on the roster all who have won NFL games so the pick there at three I would have liked to see would be that high risk/high reward pick at QB with a different style & skill set from the prototypical pocket passers we already have.

Hundley was there and the real knock about him was his escapability or his high number of sacks. As much of a Mora/Mazzone fan I am these challenges with development could be on them as much as on Brett.

Other than that, I think this Rams draft is spot on!

I understand the Mannion pick. He came from a pro style offense so it won't take him as long to adjust to the NFL as Petty or Hundley will. And that is key because Foles may only be here for 1 season if he decides to bolt via FA.

So, if he bolts, Mannion will be ready to step in without missing much of a beat because the two are so similar. That wouldn't be the case with Petty or Hundley assuming they would even be ready to start a season from now ( which I doubt ).

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree ALR. I think Mannion was a very good pick for the reasons you stated and if Foles does bolt, we are covered. Keenum and Davis may then assume their career back-up roles as well.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Mannion is the career passing leader in the Pac 12. This without the excellent program around him. He is a solid pick and a QB we can get behind in the future.