• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 NFL Draft: Quarterback Class

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year the media circle jerk had moved Malik Willis into so many people saying top 10 pick. As we got closer to the draft you started hearing that maybe that wasn't the case. This year the media had kind of united by last week and many/most seemed to have 4 QBs going top 4 picks. I've seen many of them even starting to put a 5th QB into the first round. But as we start getting closer and closer you're starting to hear from insiders instead of analysts, guys that aren't guessing themselves but revealing bits and pieces of what their team may be thinking. And it's starting to look like the circle jerk artificially inflated the QBs values again. Many hints here and there that we won't see 4 QBs in the top 4 picks, and may not see 4 QBs in the top 20 picks.

Could all be disinformation and lies coming from teams this time of the year, but it is something to take note of.
I think if you’re a team and you’re drafting don’t pay attention to any of the noise because of what you point out. Some of this is legit and some of it is purposeful smoke screen. When doing those mock drafts they have to look at the data of past drafting history and their current roster construction.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who proved that seeing something on a screen is the same as seeing something in real life?

Did Kyler Murray score high on the S2 from his video game playing experience?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The S2 measures how fast you can see with random shit popping up on a screen. Does your brain process this screen stimulus the same way it processes real life stimulus?

Would you respond the same to an explosion on the TV screen as you would if the TV itself exploded?

"CJ Stroud didn't physically jump when there was an explosion on his screen, his body isn't connected fast enough to his eyes to play QB in this league." - NFL scout

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
QB is a position naturally vulnerable to injury. All end up experiencing injury at some point. I have not seen any data about size or frame being a predictor of injury. Two of the biggest QBs of the current era were Big Ben and Cam and both were often injured. A bigger factor is line protection, getting rid of the ball quickly, sliding before being hit, elusiveness etc. Bryce’s frame is not that big of a concern, his height could be though. He has learned how to be extremely successful given his size. I imagine he will beef up some for the NFL.
Other than size, I have not seen a single knock on him - in fact it’s just the opposite. Solid citizen, great team mate, reads and processes quickly, has plenty of arm strength, is accurate and has escapability skills. He is by far and away the number one choice.
i will be elated to have him as a Panther

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB is a position naturally vulnerable to injury. All end up experiencing injury at some point. I have not seen any data about size or frame being a predictor of injury. Two of the biggest QBs of the current era were Big Ben and Cam and both were often injured. A bigger factor is line protection, getting rid of the ball quickly, sliding before being hit, elusiveness etc. Bryce’s frame is not that big of a concern, his height could be though. He has learned how to be extremely successful given his size. I imagine he will beef up some for the NFL.
Other than size, I have not seen a single knock on him - in fact it’s just the opposite. Solid citizen, great team mate, reads and processes quickly, has plenty of arm strength, is accurate and has escapability skills. He is by far and away the number one choice.
Roethlisberger took hits that would have killed Bryce Young. And he popped right back up.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben was often injured. Alot of ben though was ben. It was because that dude would stand tall and get clocked, absolutely clocked and deliver that ball. Hed get back up and do it again. Was he a drama queen. 100000%. Was he a different breed as far as standing talk in the pocket and sacrificing himself to make a play? Yep. He had a dislocated throwing shoulder and came back in the game and lead a game winning playoff drive before. Correct me if i am wrong on this fellas @FaCe-LeE-uS @Superbelt @TheBurgh88

The whole ending was crazy so here it is.

Last edited:

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Roethlisberger took hits that would have killed Bryce Young. And he popped right back up.
Maybe but he often played hurt. He took so many hits because he held on the ball too long. Bryce doesn’t seem to have that problem

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben was often injured. Alot of ben though was ben. It was because that dude would stand tall and get clocked, absolutely clocked and deliver that ball. Hed get back up and do it again. Was he a drama queen. 100000%. Was he a different breed as far as standing talk in the pocket and sacrificing himself to make a play? Yep. He had a dislocated throwing shoulder and came back in the game and lead a game winning playoff drive before. Correct me if i am wrong on this fellas @FaCe-LeE-uS @Superbelt @TheBurgh88

The whole ending was crazy so here it is.
That and more. Broke his nose one year and came right back in the game plying with it at a fucked up angle.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe but he often played hurt. He took so many hits because he held on the ball too long. Bryce doesn’t seem to have that problem
Back in the day they all held the ball. Defense could take two steps and blast the QB after the ball was released and the smaller guys like Tarkington survived.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce isnt ben. Ben is a hall of famer, and thats part of what made ben….big ben
That and more. Broke his nose one year and came right back in the game plying with it at a fucked up angle.
Yep. Funny thing is, kenny will do the same….

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Bryce isnt ben. Ben is a hall of famer, and thats part of what made ben….big ben

Yep. Funny thing is, kenny will do the same….
Not saying Bryce is Ben
was just saying size is not a predictor of injuries

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The S2 measures how fast you can see with random shit popping up on a screen. Does your brain process this screen stimulus the same way it processes real life stimulus?

Would you respond the same to an explosion on the TV screen as you would if the TV itself exploded?

"CJ Stroud didn't physically jump when there was an explosion on his screen, his body isn't connected fast enough to his eyes to play QB in this league." - NFL scout
Fair complaint. Computer screen prompts will give you a processing time under conditions that are controlled and predictable. Some people may need the extra adrenaline of the physical game to get their brain popping. But a really fast time with a screen does give a kind of baseline.

Stroud also doesn't respond quickly or creatively in interviews. He listens attentively, takes the question seriously, and avoids mistakes.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair complaint. Computer screen prompts will give you a processing time under conditions that are controlled and predictable. Some people may need the extra adrenaline of the physical game to get their brain popping. But a really fast time with a screen does give a kind of baseline.

Stroud also doesn't respond quickly or creatively in interviews. He listens attentively, takes the question seriously, and avoids mistakes.
When evaluating, it's key to look at EVERYTHING. The S2 test is only a small portion. Ultimately, you want to look at these four elements:

(1) Physical traits. We look at arm strength, mobility within and outside the pocket, durability, and their ability to make those off-platform and tight window passes.
(2) Mechanics. How good is their footwork, throwing motion, and throwing mechanics?
(3) Mental tools. How can they handle pressure situations and be able to make smart decisions?
(4) Coachability. Does the franchise believe they can develop the prospect and fit will within the organization?

Stats, wins, IQ/Cognitive exams, and the underwear Olympics (AKA the Combine) are pretty low on the importance meter. Young went to Alabama. Stroud went to Ohio State. Those are stacked teams on both sides of the ball, and pretty much every quarterback who plays for those schools, looks amazing statistically and seen as a "winner". Josh Allen, Jordan Love, Daniel Jones, Patrick Mahomes, Will Levis, and so forth, didn't go to stack teams. Their production was only as good as the weapons around them.

Obviously, I don't believe Stroud's "poor" cognition exam is going to push him out of the top 10.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea of Hooker's s2 score being way better than Strouds is wild. Maybe at some point its becoming clear that there is a 5th QB in the mix.

I'd imagine if Stroud drops to the Raiders and they dont draft him then you might see the KC crowd laughing

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You heard it here first................................

Round 6 Patriots select the next TB12 ......................................Stetson Bennett QB GEO