• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 NFL Draft: Quarterback Class

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the top five quarterbacks, according to CBS and ESPN:

1. Bryce Young, Alabama - 5'10, 194 pounds, 21 years old, Heisman Trophy winner
2. C.J Stroud, Ohio State - 6'3, 215 pounds, 21 years old, two-time Big-10 Offensive Player of the Year winner
3. Will Levis, Kentucky & Penn State - 6'3, 232 pounds, 23 years old, 26 career starts
4. Anthony Richards, Florida - 6'4, 232 pounds, 21 years old, 13 career starts
5. Hendon Hooker, Tennessee & Virginia Tech - 6'4, 222 pounds, 25 years old, SEC Offensive Player of the Year in 2022, 36 career starts

The first four are expected to go into the first round or second round. Hooker is projected to go either day two or day three of the draft.

Here's Bryce Young, in case you haven't seen or heard of him before. Don't worry others will come. Feel free to let us know about a quarterback we should be paying attention to.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. C.J Stroud, Ohio State - 6'3, 215 pounds, 21 years old, two-time Big-10 Offensive Player of the Year winner
3. Will Levis, Kentucky & Penn State - 6'3, 232 pounds, 23 years old, 26 career starts
5. Hendon Hooker, Tennessee & Virginia Tech - 6'4, 222 pounds, 25 years old, SEC Offensive Player of the Year in 2022, 36 career starts

The first four are expected to go into the first round or second round. Hooker is projected to go either day two or day three of the draft.

Here's Bryce Young, in case you haven't seen or heard of him before. Don't worry others will come. Feel free to let us know about a quarterback we should be paying attention to.

Replace Hooker with Tanner McKee

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Young should go #1 overall. I suspect the Texans will get him because the Bears will want Anderson.

Whether its right or not, Levis will go top 5. Comes from an NFL(ish) system. Older QB who is pro ready. Has touch on his deep ball and can also 'zing' a pass like a laser. Locks into receivers. Has no pocket presence. I think he is Mac Jones(ish) but ive seen Wentz comps.

CJ Stroud I think would be the 2nd off the board if he was from a different school. Should still go top 5. Seen Goff and Carr comparisons. Probably will need a bridge QB but could end up being a solid pro.

I dont think you're getting a starting QB from Anthony Richardson until 2025 unless you're running the Ravens system. Could end up being the best player in the draft but at this point he is a prospect. Love his ability to extend plays but should be a bottom 1st rounder. Atlanta, however, could be a perfect fit for him as they run the ball a ton and have basketball players playing WR. Ridder also seems like a safe 'bridge' QB and not a franchise guy.

Not sure I like Hooker. Josh Heupel was the guy that turned Drew Lock into a prospect and Tennessee was stacked and ran lots of things that might not work in the NFL. Seen him compared to Geno Smith. Seems like a rd2 comp to me.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Young should go #1 overall. I suspect the Texans will get him because the Bears will want Anderson.

Whether its right or not, Levis will go top 5. Comes from an NFL(ish) system. Older QB who is pro ready. Has touch on his deep ball and can also 'zing' a pass like a laser. Locks into receivers. Has no pocket presence. I think he is Mac Jones(ish) but ive seen Wentz comps.

CJ Stroud I think would be the 2nd off the board if he was from a different school. Should still go top 5. Seen Goff and Carr comparisons. Probably will need a bridge QB but could end up being a solid pro.

I dont think you're getting a starting QB from Anthony Richardson until 2025 unless you're running the Ravens system. Could end up being the best player in the draft but at this point he is a prospect. Love his ability to extend plays but should be a bottom 1st rounder. Atlanta, however, could be a perfect fit for him as they run the ball a ton and have basketball players playing WR. Ridder also seems like a safe 'bridge' QB and not a franchise guy.

Not sure I like Hooker. Josh Heupel was the guy that turned Drew Lock into a prospect so and Tennessee was stacked and ran lots of things that might not work in the NFL. I think he is a 2nd rounder. Seen him compared to Geno Smith. Seems like a rd2 comp to me.

Was reading the Bears board yesterday and sounds like Fields may be on the trade block? There was no source on that, but given the Bears org it wouldn't shock me lol.

Levis draws some comparisons to Allen, I wouldn't be surprised if Seattle reaches and grabs him... I think it's too early but Schneider really wanted Allen (was willing to trade Wilson to the Browns for #1 overall and take him) - so I kind of wonder...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was reading the Bears board yesterday and sounds like Fields may be on the trade block? There was no source on that, but given the Bears org it wouldn't shock me lol.

Levis draws some comparisons to Allen, I wouldn't be surprised if Seattle reaches and grabs him... I think it's too early but Schneider really wanted Allen (was willing to trade Wilson to the Browns for #1 overall and take him) - so I kind of wonder...
The big difference here is that Josh Allen was 2 years younger than Levis coming out so it kinda made sense he was raw.

The first 5 picks are likely 3 QBs and Anderson and Carter. Maybe 4 QBs and Anderson but...not so sure about that. Texans will take a QB. Colts will take a QB. Seattle and Carolina have ammo to get a QB although Arizona probably wont trade with Seattle. To me, it seems like Seattle likely ends up with Carter.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big difference here is that Josh Allen was 2 years younger than Levis coming out so it kinda made sense he was raw.

The first 5 picks are likely 3 QBs and Anderson and Carter. Maybe 4 QBs and Anderson but...not so sure about that. Texans will take a QB. Colts will take a QB. Seattle and Carolina have ammo to get a QB although Arizona probably wont trade with Seattle. To me, it seems like Seattle likely ends up with Carter.

That would be music to my ears... I'm holding you accountable if that doesn't happen, Clayton! :mad2:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be music to my ears... I'm holding you accountable if that doesn't happen, Clayton! :mad2:
If Carolina picks up a FA QB then you guys probably do get the 3rd QB. Or if Arizona will trade with you guys but that seems a bit chummy.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson is not NFL ready.
I have been watching lots of game tape on these guys. Richardson is probably the highest risk of them all. The Utah game, he looked magical. Ditto for the Tennessee game. But then, he looks awfully mediocre against the rest of his competition.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been watching lots of game tape on these guys. Richardson is probably the highest risk of them all. The Utah game, he looked magical. Ditto for the Tennessee game. But then, he looks awfully mediocre against the rest of his competition.
UF is horrible for developing QBs. He played his HS Ball two miles from my crib, and I watched him at UF. Mechanics are way underdeveloped and I think he will struglle with NFL defenses.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levis might have the best ceiling. If he goes to an NFL team with terrific coaching and offensive weapons, he might develop into a top tier quarterback. Josh Allen was wildly inconsistent at Wyoming. It was mainly due to the weapons and support around him. This might also be the case with Will Levis -- you watch any tape of him, you can clearly see protection and talent issues. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of mistakes he made.

The big thing here, you don't want a serviceable quarterback. He can't just be "fine". You're spending a 1st round pick on him in hopes he turns into Josh Allen / Joe Burrow / Patrick Mahomes / Trevor Lawrence / Jalen Hurts type of player.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levis might have the best ceiling. If he goes to an NFL team with terrific coaching and offensive weapons, he might develop into a top tier quarterback. Josh Allen was wildly inconsistent at Wyoming. It was mainly due to the weapons and support around him. This might also be the case with Will Levis -- you watch any tape of him, you can clearly see protection and talent issues. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of mistakes he made.

The big thing here, you don't want a serviceable quarterback. He can't just be "fine". You're spending a 1st round pick on him in hopes he turns into Josh Allen / Joe Burrow / Patrick Mahomes / Trevor Lawrence / Jalen Hurts type of player.
I remember a lot of people saying Joe Burrow was just 'fine' coming out. The reality is you dont really know. There is more than one style of QB that can win in the NFL. Jared Goff led one of the best offenses in the league this year. As far as Levis' surrounding talent, you are talking to a Mizzou fan so even with Kentuckys talent they still had the better team many of the time. Certainly with Wandale Robinson. Obviously he wasnt at Bama but its not Wyoming or Duke, either. His 8.5 YPA is still kinda what you want to see.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't know Young was that small...

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hooker told reporters at the Senior Bowl, he will be running by the end of March and believes he'll be ready for training camp.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of C.J Stroud? (tomorrow I am doing Will Levis)

He started two seasons for the Buckeyes and successfully filled in the shoes left by Justin Fields. He seems to get high praise for his arm talent and decision-making. The big "knock" against him was his inability to make accurate throws under pressure. Most of his completions were to wide open receivers. However, the Georgia game changed that perception. He had a monster game and was able to successfully throw the football under duress.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He started two seasons for the Buckeyes and successfully filled in the shoes left by Justin Fields. He seems to get high praise for his arm talent and decision-making. The big "knock" against him was his inability to make accurate throws under pressure. Most of his completions were to wide open receivers. However, the Georgia game changed that perception. He had a monster game and was able to successfully throw the football under duress.

He’s the guy in the group that I prefer. I think Bryce Young is close. I think both guys are going to be starting NFL QBs. I don’t think either guy will become a star. That being said, I think Stroud has more potential to be the star than Young does. I don’t get Levis. I wouldn’t mind taking a late round flyer on some developmental QBs in this draft. I like the Coastal Carolina kid McCall and the UCLA kid DTR.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Stroud is the best of the bunch but kinda looks like an okay QB, not great. Impossible to know for sure though until we see what kind of coaching he gets and what he has around him. I would bet Indy takes him if the Texans take Young.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s the guy in the group that I prefer. I think Bryce Young is close. I think both guys are going to be starting NFL QBs. I don’t think either guy will become a star. That being said, I think Stroud has more potential to be the star than Young does. I don’t get Levis. I wouldn’t mind taking a late round flyer on some developmental QBs in this draft. I like the Coastal Carolina kid McCall and the UCLA kid DTR.
I kinda get people trying to comp Levis to Allen but I just can see a lot more of Carson Wentz in him. His physical gifts are obvious but QB play is a lot between the ears and instinct which I think he lacks.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Jeremiah's Rankings:

Bryce Young (#3 overall)
CJ Stroud (#12 overall)
Will Levis (#13 overall)
Anthony Richardson (#14 overall)

No other QB in the top 50 prospects