• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 NFL Draft: Quarterback Class

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already know we are going to fuck up and draft Richardson, I prefer Levis myself but I'm afraid Steichen is going to look at him and remember how athletic Jalen is and think he can recreate that magic.

Could just bid on Lamar....

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Young should go #1 overall. I suspect the Texans will get him because the Bears will want Anderson.

Whether its right or not, Levis will go top 5. Comes from an NFL(ish) system. Older QB who is pro ready. Has touch on his deep ball and can also 'zing' a pass like a laser. Locks into receivers. Has no pocket presence. I think he is Mac Jones(ish) but ive seen Wentz comps.

CJ Stroud I think would be the 2nd off the board if he was from a different school. Should still go top 5. Seen Goff and Carr comparisons. Probably will need a bridge QB but could end up being a solid pro.

I dont think you're getting a starting QB from Anthony Richardson until 2025 unless you're running the Ravens system. Could end up being the best player in the draft but at this point he is a prospect. Love his ability to extend plays but should be a bottom 1st rounder. Atlanta, however, could be a perfect fit for him as they run the ball a ton and have basketball players playing WR. Ridder also seems like a safe 'bridge' QB and not a franchise guy.

Not sure I like Hooker. Josh Heupel was the guy that turned Drew Lock into a prospect and Tennessee was stacked and ran lots of things that might not work in the NFL. Seen him compared to Geno Smith. Seems like a rd2 comp to me.
You can say the same thing for any QB coming out of Bama, OSU, Clem or Lincoln Riley's system

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say the same thing for any QB coming out of Bama, OSU, Clem or Lincoln Riley's system
The issue is the film. Tennessee's offense, as weird as this sounds, was so good that is was hard to actually see the tight windows you'd like to see when projecting to the NFL. I'll admit I've been looking way more at Tennessee players other than QB but I'm sure this applies to Hooker, too.

That said, it wouldn't shock me if CJ Stroud and Hooker ended up having the same career. I think people are splitting the difference of risk v reward on the Tennessee players because they're all underrated or overrated and we wont know until they hit the NFL

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night, the 2 Minute Drill youtube channel did a profile on Hendon Hooker. They too didn't really see him as a Day 1 prospect, but a Day 2 guy. Honestly, I think Hooker is a safer bet in the 3rd or 4th round. You should be concerned about his durability and his longevity as a player.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tbh, I think the age thing is overblown for a QB. I will agree Hooker may not have the ceiling as other guys in this draft but at 25 there's nothing stopping him from making improvements in his own game.
Of course not, but he was ahead of the college kids as a more mature thinker and that makes the whole game easier for him at that level. Now he has to do it against guys older than him. Risky to project.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clearly an exact science picking QB's.

still going to laugh at the team (unless it's SF) who takes Richardson in the first two rounds.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not, but he was ahead of the college kids as a more mature thinker and that makes the whole game easier for him at that level. Now he has to do it against guys older than him. Risky to project.
So what you're saying is Hooker is already a good decision maker and not someone you have to wait and see :think:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is Hooker is already a good decision maker and not someone you have to wait and see :think:
He has no clue what he is saying. He seeks the attention through shock value argumentative bull shit. It is in the posts.

ie...as the wind blows

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would hope he would be accurate on his swing route checkdowns

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Hooker was playing against kids who aren't. When everyone else speeds up and smartens up the game might pass him by completely. He was playing with an advantage last year. An advantage of being older than the other kids he was playing against.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Hooker was playing against kids who aren't. When everyone else speeds up and smartens up the game might pass him by completely. He was playing with an advantage last year. An advantage of being older than the other kids he was playing against.
Yeah that applies to anyone going into the league, young or old.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clearly an exact science picking QB's.

still going to laugh at the team (unless it's SF) who takes Richardson in the first two rounds.

Why wouldn't you laugh at SF? Too soon after their last reach for a toolsy prospect?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that applies to anyone going into the league, young or old.
Hookers production and demonstration of his football skills came against kids when he was an adult. Should the NBA sign me up because I can dominate the neighborhood kids in my driveway? Why not?

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hookers production and demonstration of his football skills came against kids when he was an adult. Should the NBA sign me up because I can dominate the neighborhood kids in my driveway? Why not?
Same for Joe Burrow.
Came out of college with an "average" arm but elite processing skills, decision making and pocket awareness all playing as a man among boys and yet the #1 pick

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hooker's stock is rising. He went from a 3rd to 4th round guy to a 2nd rounder.

ESPN - 35th best player
CBS Sports - 58th best player

Some people even have him mocked in the 1st round. For example, Todd McShay has him going to the Vikings in the late first round.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final Updates:

- Click here to view CBS Sports one-minute review of the QB prospects
- Bryce Young highlights and CJ Stroud draft hot takes shown here and here.
- CBS Sports has 5 quarterbacks going in the first three rounds, ESPN has 6.
- If you we average together the rankings per CBS Sports and ESPN, we have the order of Bryce Young #1, CJ Stoud #2, Will Levis & Anthony Richardson #3, Hendon Hooker #5, and Jake Haener #6.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m excited to read about Hendon Hooker’s rise up the draft board. Would love to see the Eagles be able to trade back from 30 or even just pick up a 2024 1st for this pick if a team decides they want the 5 year contract option for him that comes with the first round. A team could essentially get 10 years of rookie QB contract by having Hooker through his last year at 30 and then reloading with another QB on a rookie deal or they can invest another 3-4 years in Hooker if he proves to be the truth.