• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WR Depth

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy having Boldin. He's a great possession guy. He moved the chains for Baltimore last year on 3rd down all the time.

I'm also finally starting to feel good about our young WRs with the trade for Baldwin, Patton, and Williams.

There's enough speed there. You don't need a 4.3 guy, a bunch of 4.45 guys is plenty.

Crabtree will eventually be back.

I think Manningham becomes expendable to be honest.

with crabtree's contract coming up we might be better off trading him and going with manningham and patton

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is to Sick and those that follow the train of thought that we should trade Crabtree. I don't understand how we end up developing a #1 WR after a decade of shit play at the WR position,and then you are quick to wanting to trade him. Sick, you can't use the injury as an excuse because you were singing this song before the achilles popped. He is everything this offense needs and if he isn't asking top coin, then we should be doing everything in our power to keep him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't see Crabtree in the Niners' long-term plans, and I think his stock peaked last year. Buy low & sell high.

We've discussed this ad nauseum in another thread, so let's not turn this into a Crabtree thread.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is to Sick and those that follow the train of thought that we should trade Crabtree. I don't understand how we end up developing a #1 WR after a decade of shit play at the WR position,and then you are quick to wanting to trade him. Sick, you can't use the injury as an excuse because you were singing this song before the achilles popped. He is everything this offense needs and if he isn't asking top coin, then we should be doing everything in our power to keep him.

crabtree is gonna want to get paid

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he showed his true colors

Right, because you were the same person at 21 as you are now? If we show our true colors at 21, then we are all fucked. Ask Vernon Davis if he agrees with your bullshit generalization.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, because you were the same person at 21 as you are now? If we show our true colors at 21, then we are all fucked. Ask Vernon Davis if he agrees with your bullshit generalization.

did he fire his agent?

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabpatty wanted to go to Dallas after the draft, he has acted like a Diva maybe he has matured but my money is on when his contract is up he is gone. He is a solid number 2 receiver as fragile as tissue paper. The Niners will miss him but I think he is replaceable.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with crabtree's contract coming up we might be better off trading him and going with manningham and patton

Trade him to Kansas City for Tyler Bray. I'm sure both Crabtree would love that. That would be funny. I'd love to be in the room when they told Crabs.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabpatty wanted to go to Dallas after the draft, he has acted like a Diva maybe he has matured but my money is on when his contract is up he is gone. He is a solid number 2 receiver as fragile as tissue paper. The Niners will miss him but I think he is replaceable.

First, you are going to tell me that once Kaep was inserted into the lineup, that Crabtree was simply a solid #2? Show me the stats that support that. Who replaces a 25 yr old 1000 yd GO TO WR?!? This pre-season has proven problematic in finding a #2, let alone our #1. You may be right about him but you may be VERY wrong. Why write him off just because he chased a paycheck in his first real opportunity to do so? Diva? WR are divas by nature. That goes with the position. Rice, Carter, Moss, TO, Ocho, Rison, the list reads like a HOF induction yet every one of them was a pain in the ass to some degree.

If Crabtree wants Vincent Jackson money, then let him walk, but a #1 for 7-8 mil per? I'd re-sign him yesterday.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All players want to "get payed", especially WR's...

See Wes Welker for example...

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And how much did Welker get? Less then 8 mil per if I recall.

Sure...

But the point is he left his cozy little spot with NE to get paid more with Denver (in guaranteed money)

It really didn't have much to do with being more mature, he just wanted the extra couple million dollars...

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because NE low balled him by asking him to take HALF of the franchise tag they forced him to sign.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Because NE low balled him by asking him to take HALF of the franchise tag they forced him to sign.

It was only 2 million less then Denvers offer, and could have been 4 million more with incentives...

It wasn't really a low-ball, but Welker like most other athletes took what he could get...

Most likely what will happen with Crabtree...

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was only 2 million less then Denvers offer, and could have been 4 million more with incentives...

It wasn't really a low-ball, but Welker like most other athletes took what he could get...

Most likely what will happen with Crabtree...

Welker was peeved at the Pats and Belicheck, sometimes it isn't just the money.