• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WR Depth

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patton really impressed me for his first NFL game. He already has more TD catches and receptions than Jenkins ever did in a game. I thought he was a steal in the draft. Who cares if he is not an elite athlete? The guy gets open and makes catches. I also like how some of this best games came against his toughest competition in college.

patton is a steal

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
agreed, and if you didn't know his 40 times, you couldn't tell he's "slow"? next, he catches the ball smoothly.

how does Baldwin look running routes, quick? fast? smooth? or lanky?

Jon Baldwin - WR - 49ers

49ers WR Jon Baldwin caught two passes for 23 yards in his preseason debut with San Francisco Sunday night.

The former Chiefs first-rounder looked sharp in the seams, getting a bunch of playing time with Colt McCoy and the No. 2 offense. Baldwin only has Marlon Moore ahead of him on the depth chart at X receiver, so there's a real chance he'll break into the first-team lineup before long. Baldwin is worth a flier in deeper re-draft leagues. He should be owned in all formats of Dynasty.

Aug 25 - 10:47 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jon Baldwin - WR - 49ers

Jon Baldwin is considered a lock to make the 49ers' 53-man roster.

The 49ers are receiver needy, and also realize Baldwin needs "some time to become familiar with the offense" after being acquired on August 19. The franchise doesn't view Baldwin as a throwaway acquisition in the A.J. Jenkins trade. Beat writer Matt Maiocco believes Baldwin could emerge as San Francisco's No. 3 receiver soon, and potentially start at split end if he plays well.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Aug 24 - 1:31 PM

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the receivers situation just might sort itself out after all.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i was SF i would be wanting younger guys in there in place of Blodin. You had your dress rehearsal this past week and Boldin didn't have one completion and never had the ball thrown his way. Every time i saw him he was covered like a glove. The reason why the Ravens got rid of Boldin wasn't all finical, but had a lot to do with developing younger players.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i was SF i would be wanting younger guys in there in place of Blodin. You had your dress rehearsal this past week and Boldin didn't have one completion and never had the ball thrown his way. Every time i saw him he was covered like a glove. The reason why the Ravens got rid of Boldin wasn't all finical, but had a lot to do with developing younger players.

He really does look slow but he's never been a burner and he doesn't seem to need a lot of space to catch passes. He fights for the ball well and uses his body for position.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really does look slow but he's never been a burner and he doesn't seem to need a lot of space to catch passes. He fights for the ball well and uses his body for position.

:L yea, i know and that not just looks Boldin is slower than a 400 LBS. O-lineman.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm happy having Boldin. He's a great possession guy. He moved the chains for Baltimore last year on 3rd down all the time.

I'm also finally starting to feel good about our young WRs with the trade for Baldwin, Patton, and Williams.

There's enough speed there. You don't need a 4.3 guy, a bunch of 4.45 guys is plenty.

Crabtree will eventually be back.

I think Manningham becomes expendable to be honest.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Seems like the receivers situation just might sort itself out after all.

I wouldn't call it great but it's not nearly as dire as it first seemed.

The group we have is showing that it could be something Kaepernick could have some success with.

They funny thing is aside from losing Crabtree the overall quality of the WR corp is much better than it was last year and especially 2011.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Depends on how he comes back from his injury. I thought he was pretty good for us last season and he got injured before him and Kaepernick could really connect.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy having Boldin. He's a great possession guy. He moved the chains for Baltimore last year on 3rd down all the time.

I'm also finally starting to feel good about our young WRs with the trade for Baldwin, Patton, and Williams.

There's enough speed there. You don't need a 4.3 guy, a bunch of 4.45 guys is plenty.

Crabtree will eventually be back.

I'd rather have Mannignham that Boldin, so if you guys do decide to get rid of him please tell little bro to send him to big bro. thnx

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Jon Baldwin - WR - 49ers

49ers WR Jon Baldwin caught two passes for 23 yards in his preseason debut with San Francisco Sunday night.

The former Chiefs first-rounder looked sharp in the seams, getting a bunch of playing time with Colt McCoy and the No. 2 offense. Baldwin only has Marlon Moore ahead of him on the depth chart at X receiver, so there's a real chance he'll break into the first-team lineup before long. Baldwin is worth a flier in deeper re-draft leagues. He should be owned in all formats of Dynasty.

Aug 25 - 10:47 PM

He beat Stephen Burton for a nice catch & caught a really quick slant. I'd say the hands are looking good.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
OT - didn't know where to stick this question...

I heard on the radio ESPN fired Jerry Rice today. Probably a good move because he was apparently really bad at that job.

I can't find anything on the internet to confirm this though.

Anyway, the point is he's a FA now. Should Chad Hall be worried? :)

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OT - didn't know where to stick this question...

I heard on the radio ESPN fired Jerry Rice today. Probably a good move because he was apparently really bad at that job.

I can't find anything on the internet to confirm this though.

Anyway, the point is he's a FA now. Should Chad Hall be worried? :)

Jerry Rice Is Leaving ESPN | Bleacher Report

I think Jerry needs to be away from the ESPN circus, and be some where where he can talk about football and not try to create a cliché persona in which ESPN requires...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people who think boldin is done is crazy. u can book 80 catches 800-1000 yards and 6-9 TDs. unless he gets hurt. no way this team is better with out him.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching our young guys again last night I feel pretty good about them. I know its only pre-season but guys like Patton and Hawkins look pretty good and able to make plays with their feet. Jacobs looks decent too as does Baldwin and Moore. I think they are going to be ok in that area.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After watching our young guys again last night I feel pretty good about them. I know its only pre-season but guys like Patton and Hawkins look pretty good and able to make plays with their feet. Jacobs looks decent too as does Baldwin and Moore. I think they are going to be ok in that area.

yep, it starts with Kaep's accuracy/timing anyway; followed by pass protection. we all wish we had more dangerous receivers, but we're still ok even now.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just as a reminder not to get too excited about the preseason(especially the 4th game):

Tedd Ginn Jr. had 5 receptions for 149 yards & 2 TDs last night.

Still miss him on punt returns though :(

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry about the WR, most of you guys on here seem worried. Lets enjoy the season and see how far we go. :clap:

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait until tomorrow see how it plays out. Come week 7 we got more decisions