• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WR Depth

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with that if there were anyone decent out there. The only names of which I could think (the teams willing to trade) are Santonio Holmes & Sydney Rice. And neither of those teams need a CB (and Seattle would never deal with the Niners). And the Jets would want pick(s) not a veteran player.

I could see the Eagles being willing to deal Desean Jackson, but that would cost more than just Rodgers.

Dallas might be willing to deal Miles Austin, but probably not.

How much more? Low round pick?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

We need to sign or trade for a vet ASAP.

I'm tired of the "let's develop Kyle Williams or Lockette" by plugging them in at starting WR BS. Those guys can fight it out to be the #3 WR.

....And where is this "Crabtree will be back before the season is over" nonsense coming from? He has a torn achilles tendon for pete's sake. He will NOT play this season.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would trade for Miles Austin in a heartbeat.

Not sure if the Cowboys would trade him though their WR depth is not as good this year as it was previous years. Previous years they had Bryant, Austin, Laurent Robinson and Ogletree and when they had all those WRs they could have probably been fine without Austin.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boldin and Williams will do just fine until Mario gets back.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boldin and Williams will do just fine until Mario gets back.

I thought Williams was not back practicing yet and what do we do when we go three and four wides?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Austin Collie - WR - 49ers

CSN Bay Area doesn't project 49ers WR Austin Collie to earn a roster spot.

Collie flashed early in camp, but has just three catches for 31 yards through two preseason games. Sunday's regular season dress rehearsal against the Vikings will be key to his roster chances. Collie's injury history necessitates that he have a great exhibition season, not just a good one.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Aug 23 - 11:22 AM

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Collie flashed early in camp, but has just three catches for 31 yards through two preseason games. Sunday's regular season dress rehearsal against the Vikings will be key to his roster chances. Collie's injury history necessitates that he have a great exhibition season, not just a good one.

He did? Seems to me he wasn't in camp early on.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it means we keep someone better, I'm all for this, as I want as few BYU players on the team, zero if possible. But if he's better than the cut players, then I'm all for him being here. That's why Steve Young was great for me being here.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will say the play calling in preseason has been that of Jimmy Raye... Run, Run, Pass, punt... averaging less that 30 passes a game isn't going to give the WR coprs a very good representation. Our biggest ? and you'd think there would be a little more emphasis on it in game situations.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say the play calling in preseason has been that of Jimmy Raye... Run, Run, Pass, punt... averaging less that 30 passes a game isn't going to give the WR coprs a very good representation. Our biggest ? and you'd think there would be a little more emphasis on it in game situations.

Not necessarily, The Coaching Staff has always been very vanilla with the playcalling in the preseason and Harbaugh likes to be very mysterious so this is not unusual for him. I would like to see Kaep throw a little more but Harbaugh runs tough practices and the coaching staff is more worried about practices and how well they understand the playbook than the preseason. He doesnt want to get any key players hurt on meaningless games.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And to be fair, both games have seen quite a few called passes that resulted in scrambles or sacks. Through two games, we've seen six sacks and fourteen runs by QBs. I don't think more than five of the runs were called, if that. So you're talking about 20 or so called passes that didn't actually result in passes through two games.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Plus our backups haven't exactly shown they can sling it. McCoy will run it and Tolzein will throw an INT. maybe with 5 QBs playing Sunday, they'll emphasize the pass. That would be nice to see.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus our backups haven't exactly shown they can sling it. McCoy will run it and Tolzein will throw an INT. maybe with 5 QBs playing Sunday, they'll emphasize the pass. That would be nice to see.

I will say that McCoy has shown some good mobility and decent speed.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I will say that McCoy has shown some good mobility and decent speed.

yes, he does have some wheels.

did McCoy play with the starting line today? I wasn't able to watch part of the game, and when I returned he was with the 2's. not totally defending McCoy, but seems like 1/4 of his pass plays doesn't have protection?

Daniels still looked more comfortable than others.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back to topic....

so what are your guys thoughts on WRs now?

For me its looking like Boldin, Baldwin, KW, Moore, Patton & Hawkins.... or just Hawkins if they only want 5.... I say this because I really like that return there and his speed could be the deal breaker we need at both return n vertical threat areas....

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patton really impressed me for his first NFL game. He already has more TD catches and receptions than Jenkins ever did in a game. I thought he was a steal in the draft. Who cares if he is not an elite athlete? The guy gets open and makes catches. I also like how some of this best games came against his toughest competition in college.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
back to topic....

so what are your guys thoughts on WRs now?

For me its looking like Boldin, Baldwin, KW, Moore, Patton & Hawkins.... or just Hawkins if they only want 5.... I say this because I really like that return there and his speed could be the deal breaker we need at both return n vertical threat areas....

same as always, we'll be fine as long as Kaep is accurate, and he has enough protection.

this doesn't mean I never want a top WR, but not worrying about it now.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Patton really impressed me for his first NFL game. He already has more TD catches and receptions than Jenkins ever did in a game. I thought he was a steal in the draft. Who cares if he is not an elite athlete? The guy gets open and makes catches. I also like how some of this best games came against his toughest competition in college.

agreed, and if you didn't know his 40 times, you couldn't tell he's "slow"? next, he catches the ball smoothly.

how does Baldwin look running routes, quick? fast? smooth? or lanky?