• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you trade up for Sammy Watkins?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That's like saying we can afford to pass up on Tavon Austin because a player like DeAndre Hopkins will last in the late first round when we pick.

Ummm... I'd take Deandre Hopkins over Tavon Austin.

It's like saying we do not need to trade up for a legit playmaker like Julio Jones or AJ Green because a great prospect in Jon Baldwin will be available when we pick in the later rounds.

I don't think that comparison is even close. Sammy Watkins is not AJ Green or Julio Jones. If he were he'd be a top 3 pick.

I like Sammy a lot, and he'd fit great in the offense. But if you're going to trade from the latter part of the first to the top 15-10 or so the guy better be a guy who doesn't come along very often. There have only been a few guys for whom I've wanted that big trade up in the last 10 years. In fact, Albert Haynesworth & Dontari Poe are the only 2 I've really wanted when the Niners to jump from the end of the first to the top 15 to get. That's a huge jump.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams organization disagrees with you and I am on par with the Rams organization with regard to that particular approach / draft selection.

Holy shit folks. Austin had one good game and he is already in Canton.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Holy shit folks. Austin had one good game and he is already in Canton.

Who says anything about him being in Canton?? Austin is by far the superior player and you're in denial. It's okay Ray, this reminds me of the Cruz is much better than Crabtree argument you were trying to argue a few years ago. It's not the first time you have been wrong when it comes to evaluating receivers.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I don't think that comparison is even close. Sammy Watkins is not AJ Green or Julio Jones. If he were he'd be a top 3 pick.

I like Sammy a lot, and he'd fit great in the offense. But if you're going to trade from the latter part of the first to the top 15-10 or so the guy better be a guy who doesn't come along very often. There have only been a few guys for whom I've wanted that big trade up in the last 10 years. In fact, Albert Haynesworth & Dontari Poe are the only 2 I've really wanted when the Niners to jump from the end of the first to the top 15 to get. That's a huge jump.

Anyone who would take Hopkins ahead of Austin is clueless. Sammy Watkins is a star in the making and next season you will be the first person who disappears when he starts to blow up in the league.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Anyone who would take Hopkins ahead of Austin is clueless. Sammy Watkins is a star in the making and next season you will be the first person who disappears when he starts to blow up in the league.

Tavon Austin is MAYBE Santana Moss in the making. And that might be generous. And Watkins >>>>>>>> Austin. And I still think it would be a mistake to trade up to the top 10 or so to get him (especially because he has a bit of baggage with him).

Hopkins isn't the kind of speedy WR Austin is, but neither is Crabtree.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says anything about him being in Canton?? Austin is by far the superior player and you're in denial. It's okay Ray, this reminds me of the Cruz is much better than Crabtree argument you were trying to argue a few years ago. It's not the first time you have been wrong when it comes to evaluating receivers.

I still think Cruz is the better receiver. What other times was I wrong about a WR in the past?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I still think Cruz is the better receiver. What other times was I wrong about a WR in the past?

Texas A&M Jeff Fuller. Volunteers Robert Mecheam. Volunteers DaRick Rodgers. So far Volunteers Justin Hunter.

I'll give you credit for Dante Stallworth. OLB Justin Houston of Georgia. As far as receivers go, I'll give you a two thumbs down!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas A&M Jeff Fuller. Volunteers Robert Mecheam. Volunteers DaRick Rodgers. So far Volunteers Justin Hunter.

I'll give you credit for Dante Stallworth. OLB Justin Houston of Georgia. As far as receivers go, I'll give you a two thumbs down!

I was high on Fuller before his final college season. He showed in his last season that his injury crippled him as a player.

I said Meachem would be a first rounder and he was. NFL playing time and injuries aren't part of a pre-draft evaluation process.

I said Rogers had talent but a two cent brain. Turns out the guys that got to talk to him discovered he had a 1 cent brain. Still never said I would take him before the later rounds. He is in the colts in his rookie season so again you are basing this on what?

Hunter I liked as a late first early 2nd round pick going into the draft. I think you are confusing how I felt about him pre college injury and stone hands final college season. Again he is in his rookie season and has scored twice with very limited snaps.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I liked Hunter where he was taken, but I expected zero from him his rookie season. He's extremely raw.

I think he'll really come on strong in the next 2 years though.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about Fitz and Roddy White before anyone was on to them. Ask Pozz how pissed I was we didn't draft Brandon Marshall. I was livid we didn't draft Antonio Bryant. I'm still pissed we didn't take Hill or Alshon Jefferey. I was high on Hopkins and Patterson. But yeah give me two thumbs down.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also forgot about Doug Baldwin. I still can't believe we didn't draft him.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

SMH:

DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Texans

DeAndre Hopkins was benched during Sunday's loss to the Raiders.

"Bottom line, DeAndre made a lot of mistakes early in the game, so we gave another guy a chance to play," coach Gary Kubiak said. After the game, Hopkins acknowledged his issues and appeared to understand what he did wrong. He was on the field late in the game, finishing with one catch for seven yards on two targets. The 2-8 Texans are a dumpster fire with a quarterback controversy right now, but we can't imagine them limiting the playing time of Hopkins going forward. He's their first-round pick and a huge piece of their future.
Source: Houston Chronicle

Nov 18 - 8:01 AM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
SMH:

DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Texans

DeAndre Hopkins was benched during Sunday's loss to the Raiders.

"Bottom line, DeAndre made a lot of mistakes early in the game, so we gave another guy a chance to play," coach Gary Kubiak said. After the game, Hopkins acknowledged his issues and appeared to understand what he did wrong. He was on the field late in the game, finishing with one catch for seven yards on two targets. The 2-8 Texans are a dumpster fire with a quarterback controversy right now, but we can't imagine them limiting the playing time of Hopkins going forward. He's their first-round pick and a huge piece of their future.
Source: Houston Chronicle

Nov 18 - 8:01 AM

You're not exactly making a strong argument for Austin over Hopkins here.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he is there when the Rams (washington) picks or when the Rams pick. lol

We need this cat and hopefully Taj Boyd in the 2nd.

And for everyone that doesn't know alot about Sammy W, he's Julio Jones but 2-3 inches shorter and a little faster, with more jukes.

If San Fran moves up and jumps us to get him, we truly are cursed.

Go Rams!

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early still to talk about trade ups-no clear draft position for the Niners, or KC for that matter. However, would you be interested in trading up for Watkins? If the price was our 1 and Both 2's? All mocks I've seen have him going between 8-12 on average, which according to the Draft Value Chart would cost our first 3 picks. Based, of course on the Niners and Chiefs both with mid to late 20 picks in each round.

After watching our passing game be average at best with the weapons we have I'm all in to trade up. He's the most dynamic WR in the draft imo.

We still have 2 3's to play with, in addition to a probable 3rd round comp pick for Goldson. We have the ammo to move up into the 2nd again for CB or another impact player.

What do you think?

Maybe we could trade Kaepernick for him.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hopefully he is there when the Rams (washington) picks or when the Rams pick. lol

We need this cat
and hopefully Taj Boyd in the 2nd.

And for everyone that doesn't know alot about Sammy W, he's Julio Jones but 2-3 inches shorter and a little faster, with more jukes.

If San Fran moves up and jumps us to get him, we truly are cursed.

Go Rams!

At least you're smart enough to know what real/rare talent looks like when you see on TV. My buddies here are sometimes clueless when it comes to evaluating prospects; and they make me want to pull all of my hair off. :gaah:

Can you imagine that some folks here were saying Robert Quinn was a reached back in 2011?!

I highly doubt you guys draft a WR in next year's draft. Pettis, Austin, Quick, Givens, Austin's college teammate. I can't see you guys drafting yet another WR anywhere within the first 2 rounds. You guys need Jake Matthews and Louis Nix.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you're smart enough to know what real/rare talent looks like when you see on TV. My buddies here are sometimes clueless when it comes to evaluating prospects; and they make me want to pull all of my hair off. :gaah:

Can you imagine that some folks here were saying Robert Quinn was a reached back in 2011?!

I highly doubt you guys draft a WR in next year's draft. Pettis, Austin, Quick, Givens, Austin's college teammate. I can't see you guys drafting yet another WR anywhere within the first 2 rounds. You guys need Jake Matthews and Louis Nix.

I don't remember anyone saying Quinn was a reach. I said I wouldn't take him where he was projected to go because of his medical concerns.

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think hardly anyone here has said that he is a crappy prospect, and if he was there when we picked we should not take him. What was said is that its not worth giving up our first two or three rounds of the draft to trade up and get this guy.

You say that you think he is a rare talent/prospect, I personally disagree. I think one or three players come out almost every draft that can be fit right into his mold. Calvin Johnson is a rare prospect IMO. I went and watched some of his highlight tapes, and I have watched some of his games. What i seen is an average to below average height WR that is incredibly fast, and shifty. He is a dynamic playmaker for sure. What I also seen is a guy that goes down to first contact on every play I seen. This would raise a concern for me. On one hand you could say you can't contact what you can't catch, and on the other hand you could say he can be completely shut down by physical corners. Now I can't say this is definitely right, but I could say this is a concern.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you're smart enough to know what real/rare talent looks like when you
see on TV. My buddies here are sometimes clueless when it comes to evaluating
prospects; and they make me want to pull all of my hair off.
gaah.gif

Can you imagine that some folks here were saying Robert Quinn was a
reached back in 2011?!

I highly doubt you guys draft a WR in next year's
draft. Pettis, Austin, Quick, Givens, Austin's college teammate. I can't see
you guys drafting yet another WR anywhere within the first 2 rounds. You guys
need Jake Matthews and Louis Nix.

BINGO! haha

Sammy Watkins is a special player. Not many special WRs have come out lately since AJ and Julio, but this kid is the real deal. He can be a possession WR or can go deep. Bottom line, he like Tavon can take it to the house from anywhere.

We need a #1 WR. No matter who our QB is. Matthews would be good too and our D seems to be fine and we are getting TJ McDonald back this week aparently. Not sure about taking a safety that early and not sure Dix is the beast everyone says he is. Hes on a good BAMA defense and is a good player tho. Watkins and Matthews all day in the 1st. Maybe Taj in the 2nd. Bring back Sam I am slow for half of what he's making now.

What do you all think about Kaep when he gets back Crabtree? I think the offense gets a nice boost.