• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you trade up for Sammy Watkins?

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What about Marqise Lee? Think he will be available later in the first?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the depth at WR and don't think we need to trade up. Stay put and get a WR, CB, and SS with our first three picks.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most mocks I have seen have Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins and Marqise Lee going in the 1st 15 draft picks. Its still very far away and players can climb up or move down the draft board. I wouldnt trade up for any of these 3 WRs but If one fell to us in the 1st I would take 1 of them.

There are just as good WRs I think in the 2nd and 3rd round. WRs I wouldnt mind taking in rounds 2-3 Brandin Cooks, Paul Richardson, Odell Beckham, Allen Robinson, Donte Moncrief and Jarvis Landry. Just a few WRs I like and think can be good at the next level.

I wouldnt mind in the 1st actually drafting another TE. I really like Eric Ebron and Austin Seferian-Jenkins. Both have been great in college and Jenkins has more upside to be Gronk or Graham like. Then in the 2nd round we could go Dominique Easley with 1 of the WRs I listed. In the 3rd round we could go Will Sutton and make convert him to a NT and also select around WR. It all matters if Boldin comes back next year what happens with Crabtree and also Manningham.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't rule out QB. Are the odds high, no, but don't automatically pass it.

Yes, I said the same thing last year (for a FQB), which seemed downright odd at the time (after Kaep's 2012 season). But now it isn't as far fetched looking at our 3 QB's.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What's Watkins do that Paul Richardson doesn't?

His explosiveness is almost on par with Tavon Austin's. When it comes to YAC ability Paul can't even dream of doing the things that Watkins is able to do. Watkins can play in the slot just as well on the outside. He's a certified #1 receiver. He's a true playmaker! Put the ball in his hands and he will manage to find a way to open the game wide open. He's a player that you must account for on every down. He would make life that much easier for his teammates. The speed that he and Davis would bring to our offense would be unfair for defenses to try to match up against. Sammy Watkins explosiveness and ability to break tackles reminds me so much of Julio Jones in that regard. As a corner you gotta think twice about trying to jam that dude. That's what we need in this division having to go against physical corners guaranteed games within a season - the teams in our division are putting together an impressive group of corners, and receivers are getting manhandled. Ours in particular, and a player like Watkins would put a stop to that on field bullying. Richardson to me is a solid #2 receiver DeAndre Hopkins type; Mike Williams type. Those guys cannot be consistent #1 receivers. People are truly underestimating the type of impact player that Watkins is.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What about Marqise Lee? Think he will be available later in the first?

Good Call RV!! If we cannot land Watkins in the 11-14 range, we can move up to the late teens and draft Lee. He is a solid #1 type receiver IMO. Not your super elite #1 (Bryant, Julio, AJ, Calvin, Fitz); but instead a solid #1 nonetheless that will force defenses to gameplan for him (Blackmon, Nicks in his prime when he was healthy, Gordon). Lee will not disappoint in our offense. If we are not able to land a game changer such as Watkins, then I can settle for Lee. I think Lee's stock will rise up again later on during the draft process causing teams to want to trade up for him. Not sure a player of his caliber will last until the late 20s early 30s. If you want him, you might have to trade up in the late teens to acquire him.

Mike Evans is a Vince Jackson clone to me. Another certified #1 type receiver, but not your super elite #1 type that I had listed earlier in this thread.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the depth at WR and don't think we need to trade up. Stay put and get a WR, CB, and SS with our first three picks.

Just curious.. what WR do you think would fall late in the first round that you think would be a worthy pick?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't rule out QB. Are the odds high, no, but don't automatically pass it.

Yes, I said the same thing last year (for a FQB), which seemed downright odd at the time (after Kaep's 2012 season). But now it isn't as far fetched looking at our 3 QB's.

I can see Murray lasting until the 4th round and us taking a shot at him there to be our long term / solid #2 QB.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just curious.. what WR do you think would fall late in the first round that you think would be a worthy pick?

If we can't land Watkins, Lee, and Evans in the first round, then it would serve us best to not force a WR pick per se and target another position. For instance, this would be my wet dream scenario if we are unable to land Watkins (despite our depth on the Dline):

2014 NFL Mock Draft - DraftCountdown.com

In the second or even perhaps in the third round you have guys like Cooks, Richardson, Rashad Greene, Martavis Bryant (potential alone), Devante Parker, Beckham Jr. Even then the player I would only target is Cooks. I would still focus on another position such as corner, or OLB.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer an earlier question. Guys like Mathews, Moncrief, and Cooks are currently projected to last around our late first and late second round slots. So costing us a chance to add a SS like Buchanon and a CB with ideal size to move up for 1 player would be foolish IMO.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I've gotta agree with Ray. Watkins isn't the kind of rare specimen for whom I'd want a big trade up very far IMO.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To answer an earlier question. Guys like Mathews, Moncrief, and Cooks are currently projected to last around our late first and late second round slots. So costing us a chance to add a SS like Buchanon and a CB with ideal size to move up for 1 player would be foolish IMO.

That's like saying we can afford to pass up on Tavon Austin because a player like DeAndre Hopkins will last in the late first round when we pick. It's like saying we do not need to trade up for a legit playmaker like Julio Jones or AJ Green because a great prospect in Jon Baldwin will be available when we pick in the later rounds. It doesn't serve us well to look into trading up for Justin Blackmon when we can can a potential #1 player we can develop like AJ Jenkins.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's like saying we can afford to pass up on Tavon Austin because a player like DeAndre Hopkins will last in the late first round when we pick. It's like saying we do not need to trade up for a legit playmaker like Julio Jones or AJ Green because a great prospect in Jon Baldwin will be available when we pick in the later rounds. It doesn't serve us well to look into trading up for Justin Blackmon when we can can a potential #1 player we can develop like AJ Jenkins.

I'd rather have Hopkins plus two starters at positions of need over a solo Austin all day everyday.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Hopkins has already shown he is better than Baldwin. Watkins is also nowhere close to AJ or Julio, you are off your rocker. Horrible comparisons across the board.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd rather have Hopkins plus two starters at positions of need over a solo Austin all day everyday.

The Rams organization disagrees with you and I am on par with the Rams organization with regard to that particular approach / draft selection.