• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would You Trade Ingram & Kuzma For Leonard?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray would be a great piece if the Lakers are not planning to re-sign Isaiah Thomas - but honestly I think that with Deng in that picture(which he won't be under any circumstances), I think the Lakers would have to throw in one of the others like Ennis or Hart. For the Spurs - they would be doing a miniature rebuilding if Leonard decides that he wants out of SA. If the guy is really happy and just has not healed yet - then The Spurs will not be interested in my opinion. My entire thought from the beginning was based on those guys on ESPN suggesting that the Spurs wants to trade Leonard -

If the Spurs want to trade Leonard because he is unhappy and the Lakers offer Kuzma, Ingram, and Deng for him, Pop will first have to stop laughing from the utter humor of the offer and then he would leak to the press that the Lakers have lost their minds with that trade offer so that the rest of the sports world would be able to join in on the laugh.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Spurs want to trade Leonard because he is unhappy and the Lakers offer Kuzma, Ingram, and Deng for him, Pop will first have to stop laughing from the utter humor of the offer and then he would leak to the press that the Lakers have lost their minds with that trade offer so that the rest of the sports world would be able to join in on the laugh.
You're presuming that Leonard is going to be health next year and will have fully recovered - That might be true - but then again if he is like Dwight Howard - and is damaged goods - then he isn't worth his cost and next season he is a free agent. Pop would be getting two long term players that would be assets after Leonard could opt out and be gone, so much depends on things you're assuming is automatic. a REALLY BIG IF ESPN reported it correctly there would be a good reason why they would do that and the report suggest it was the Spurs who wanted both Kuzma and Ingram. Personally I don't think Leonard's offensive stats are any better - I am banking on his defensive skills for being the preferred choice if that option is open. I would rather wait one more personally and see what happens in free agency - Trades imo are better when you need that last player to complete the roster. The Lakers are not there yet.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're presuming that Leonard is going to be health next year and will have fully recovered - That might be true - but then again if he is like Dwight Howard - and is damaged goods - then he isn't worth his cost and next season he is a free agent. Pop would be getting two long term players that would be assets after Leonard could opt out and be gone, so much depends on things you're assuming is automatic. a REALLY BIG IF ESPN reported it correctly there would be a good reason why they would do that and the report suggest it was the Spurs who wanted both Kuzma and Ingram. Personally I don't think Leonard's offensive stats are any better - I am banking on his defensive skills for being the preferred choice if that option is open. I would rather wait one more personally and see what happens in free agency - Trades imo are better when you need that last player to complete the roster. The Lakers are not there yet.

If Kawhi is legitimately injured then the Spurs aren't going to trade him. If he is disgruntled and wants to be traded, then he is healthy enough to play but choosing not to.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude.

You don't get it.

Your offer is ridiculous and incredibly unrealistic. Everyone here knows
It but you and @Shaqdaddy11.

Ingram and Kuzma isn't enough. Deng basically cancels out the positive value from Ingram. His contract is that bad. You are basically expecting the Spurs to trade Kawhi for Kyle freaking Kuzma. Pop wouldn't do that if Kawhi had to have his leg amputated.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,722.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is hysterically funny.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.

You don't get it.

Ingram and Kuzma isn't enough. Deng basically cancels out the positive value from Ingram. His contract is that bad. You are basically expecting the Spurs to trade Kawhi for Kyle freaking Kuzma. Pop wouldn't do that if Kawhi had to have his leg amputated.
+1000

the Celtics could offer Horford, Tatum, and the lotto pick they are due from the Lakers and the Spurs would likely say no way.

Kuzma, Ingram and Deng is not enough to get Kevin Love. Similar to what you said---- LAkers couldnt trade Deng and Kuzma for an expiring contract just on their own.

The Cavs could offer the Brooklyn pick, Kevin Love and Hood and they would likely be laughed off the phone.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1000

the Celtics could offer Horford, Tatum, and the lotto pick they are due from the Lakers and the Spurs would likely say no way.

Kuzma, Ingram and Deng is not enough to get Kevin Love. Similar to what you said---- LAkers couldnt trade Deng and Kuzma for an expiring contract just on their own.

The Cavs could offer the Brooklyn pick, Kevin Love and Hood and they would likely be laughed off the phone.

Never know what the market would be in the possible scenario he is available. Love, Hood and the pick could be a competitive offer. It just depends on the direction the Spurs prefer to go. I think the Celtics would have to include Tatum and Brown to even start the conversation. Could be worth it for then though. Hayward, Kyrie + Kawhi would be a legit base for a contender.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never know what the market would be in the possible scenario he is available. Love, Hood and the pick could be a competitive offer. It just depends on the direction the Spurs prefer to go. I think the Celtics would have to include Tatum and Brown to even start the conversation. Could be worth it for then though. Hayward, Kyrie + Kawhi would be a legit base for a contender.
at least the offers i talked about are something that you can start a debate and a rationale conversation over ya know?

Opinions are valid up to a point. For shits sake.

you can have a rationale debate over who is better--- Kobe or LeBron or Magic or Bird or Duncan....

you cannot rationally debate someone who thinks Sam Cassell is better than Michael Jordan and swears its true.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least the offers i talked about are something that you can start a debate and a rationale conversation over ya know?

Opinions are valid up to a point. For shits sake.

you can have a rationale debate over who is better--- Kobe or LeBron or Magic or Bird or Duncan....

you cannot rationally debate someone who thinks Sam Cassell is better than Michael Jordan and swears its true.

Exactly.

Shaq daddy's go to when she gets called out is that "opinions can't be wrong".

BS. Opinions can be wrong. Sam Cassell ain't better than Jordan. The trade proposed in the OP is on that level.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kawhi is legitimately injured then the Spurs aren't going to trade him. If he is disgruntled and wants to be traded, then he is healthy enough to play but choosing not to.
Sounds like you have been speaking to the Spurs front office and they have told you exactly what they intend to do - Sounds good - Have a nice day

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.

You don't get it.

So you are saying that Popovich would still play a man who just had his leg amputated and has to use an artificial limb? What the hell is he getting? I have never heard of such a thing

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying that Popovich would still play a man who just had his leg amputated and has to use an artificial limb? What the hell is he getting? I have never heard of such a thing

Obviously a joke.

At least the part about the amputation. The rest of it was spot on. You need to stop with the nonsense here. Your offer isn't in the ballpark of something the Spurs would consider. No sense speculating on whether or not you would do it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you have been speaking to the Spurs front office and they have told you exactly what they intend to do - Sounds good - Have a nice day

It's called common sense.

You seem to be trying to create a situation where Kawhi's trade value would be super low due to injury concerns to justify your absurd trade offer.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,722.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watches TLF put on the dunce cap and goes to sit in the corner*

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called common sense.

You seem to be trying to create a situation where Kawhi's trade value would be super low due to injury concerns to justify your absurd trade offer.
I get it - you know everything - Don't worry about it

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously a joke.

At least the part about the amputation. The rest of it was spot on. You need to stop with the nonsense here. Your offer isn't in the ballpark of something the Spurs would consider. No sense speculating on whether or not you would do it.
Right - Gotcha

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers would have to include Kuzma to Deng just to break even. (like attaching Russell to the trade just to get rid of Mozgov)