• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would You Trade Ingram & Kuzma For Leonard?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuzma is good. Ingram is good. They both have potential to be great players.

Kawhi is great. He has a chance to get even better.

The Spurs don't take that deal even if they're drunk. Give me a break. Lakers fans got their heads on backwards AND up their asses apparently.
Not all Lakers fans.

Two.

I got no problems with anyone being tentative about trading young talent for a guy who may have injury issues and is on a short contract, like @ChiefsLakers67 stated.

I'm sure there are other fans out there that agree with that sentiment.

It's the blind stupidity in stating Kawhi is not a max player and that it took him 4 years to do what Kuz and Ingram did in one and two.

Like GMAFB....

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swapping Kawhi Leonard For Al Horford, Jayson Tatum Would be the Bold Move Celtics Need to Make

Wamu your making sense. Here is what the proball pundits would suggest. Still, I dont do it. Tatum is nearing 6 10 and has great handles, can shoot from anywhere and can play 4 positions. Now if the above trade was Brown instead of Tatum, I would sign up. Tatum is not touchable except for one person
.....Yeah, I have no issue with you wanting to keep your young guys.

I would do the deal if Kawhi was healthy and would take the extension.

But, I get why some wouldn't.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first instinct was to say Hell yes to making the trade. Then I looked at his contract, the injury issue and that Leonard can opt out next year - I think the trade would be giving up too much for only one year. I thought I made that clear from the beginning - I apologize if I didn't

When I said I didn't think of Leonard as a Max Contract - I was thinking of the ones getting 30 million. I didn't even think Kobe Bryant was worth $25 million I think the $18 to $20 million a year is enough. If I am wrong- then so be it.

For the record - I do not believe the Spurs will move Leonard. Popovich is a proven coach with a winning record. I firmly believe that he will sit down with Leonard this summer and work things out, but if

There a lot of if', but if Leonard is moved and The Spurs were to propose Kuzma and Ingram for Leonard, If Leonard agrees to opt in and stay for both years and has recovered from his injury completely - then Yes I would make that trade. I would have from the beginning.

I have thought about and I agree that the Lakers are stuck with Deng - They will have to waive him and stretch his salary or waive him and pay him the next two years so they can get past the contract.

My last thought - I think The Spurs would want one more player besides Kuzma and Ingram - some one like Josh Hart - and that's only if they have decided that they need to rebuild. They have done a remarkable job of bringing in new talent over the years and maintaining the continuity of being playoff minded, so I do doubt that they are thinking about a rebuild either.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuzma is good. Ingram is good. They both have potential to be great players.

Kawhi is great. He has a chance to get even better.

The Spurs don't take that deal even if they're drunk. Give me a break. Lakers fans got their heads on backwards AND up their asses apparently.

Not this one. I said I'd do that deal in a heartbeat and that the Spurs aren't doing it. I love both Ingram and Kuzma.

But Kawhi is a top 5 and maybe top 3 player in the league and he's still young. Ingram and Kuzma have potential. But until they fulfill it, it doesn't mean much.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Baked and Mrs. Mashed.

Potato+Heads.jpg

fecb68bd71fd4278125d772294d1c6f980fe24f8be73dc5d34103fc761f9cca2.jpg

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright Kings, just offer Hield and Giles or Labisseire and apparently we can have get this done!!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but you're a useless drunk that spends more time talking about absolute nonsense than anything else so your opinions are as significant as a fart in a tornado.

My wife won't allow me to eat broccoli.

Apparently, my broccoli farts could kill a tornado.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all Lakers fans.

Two.

I got no problems with anyone being tentative about trading young talent for a guy who may have injury issues and is on a short contract, like @ChiefsLakers67 stated.

I'm sure there are other fans out there that agree with that sentiment.

It's the blind stupidity in stating Kawhi is not a max player and that it took him 4 years to do what Kuz and Ingram did in one and two.

Like GMAFB....
I think some might think it took Kawhi more than a couple years to develop into a super star for two reasons:
A. The Spurs had Tim Duncan & he was still their franchise player when they got Kawhi
B. Tony Parker was still able to carry that team when Tim retired, thus giving Kawhi a little bit more time to polish his game.
Those two things allowed Kawhi to develop at his own pace rather than being rushed.

Having said that, I agree that giving up BOTH young guys to get him might be a bit much IMO.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some might think it took Kawhi more than a couple years to develop into a super star for two reasons:
A. The Spurs had Tim Duncan & he was still their franchise player when they got Kawhi
B. Tony Parker was still able to carry that team when Tim retired, thus giving Kawhi a little bit more time to polish his game.
Those two things allowed Kawhi to develop at his own pace rather than being rushed.

Having said that, I agree that giving up BOTH young guys to get him might be a bit much IMO.
All reasonable thoughts that you articulated clearly.

But, do you think Kawhi is a franchise player and do you think a Ingram and Kuz are currently the same caliber player?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two promising young guys who have proven they can already take over games, for an all-star who's worn suits more than an NBA jersey for the last two years.

I'm still good. Even if deng was included

They still don’t win games for Lakers. Kawhi is a top 3 player

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All reasonable thoughts that you articulated clearly.

But, do you think Kawhi is a franchise player and do you think a Ingram and Kuz are currently the same caliber player?
Oh of course I think Kawhi is a franchise player, and no I don't think either Kuz or Ingram are on his level yet. But, I don't think it would be smart of the Lakers to give them both up after developing Ingram for a couple seasons already & based on the potential we've seen from Kuz. The reason I wouldn't give them both up is because what if they BOTH end up being a franchise player, and you've given them both up rather than having the opportunity to keep one & pair him with Kawhi.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh of course I think Kawhi is a franchise player, and no I don't think either Kuz or Ingram are on his level yet. But, I don't think it would be smart of the Lakers to give them both up after developing Ingram for a couple seasons already & based on the potential we've seen from Kuz. The reason I wouldn't give them both up is because what if they BOTH end up being a franchise player, and you've given them both up rather than having the opportunity to keep one & pair him with Kawhi.
This is why I heart you.

Knowledgeable, articulate and fair....even when we disagree.

Which is why you have always had my respect.

I would do the deal, if Kawhi is proven healthy and willing to extend.

I think having him onboard is a better sale to George and LeBron.

But, what you and a few other Lakers fans are saying has merit.

I Don't think Kuz has hit his peak. It's still possible for him to get better.

*see Dame Lillard who was older and keeps improving.

But, he's the exception, not the rule.

I also see star potential in Ingram.

But, Superstars don't grow on trees and I would rather the known commodity.