• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you do this for Weber

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
to add my 2 cents on JVR...i'm also extremely frustrated with his development thus far, especially after he showed such dominance in the playoffs and now really doesn't show much of that. but remember, most power forwards take longer than regular forwards to develop into that role. JVR is still only 22, and that is still very young for a hockey player. lately lots of players have been dominating at very young ages, but for a player to not hit their stride until their mid 20s is perfectly normal. its very frustrating thinking that JVR was the 2nd overall pick and almost 5 years later fails to be a dominating player, but at the same time patience is very important. i think giving up on JVR would bite us in the ass. it could wind up being like a patrick sharp situation. i think JVR has 35-40 goal potential. i'm very frustrated with him this season, but i do think if he can finally find his game he can be a very good top 6 forward capable of potting 30+ goals annually. and age is only in his favor.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does that work? I was asking a kid at work in regard to trades. If Nashville agreed to deal Weber and both sides agree on compensation, would the Flyers have any chance to talk with Weber's agent to discuss long term contract before a deal goes through? It's a steel price if there is no guarantee.

If we are talking a trade we could comet terms on a price continent on Weber agreeing to an extension.

How is giving up one of your top 5 prospects a solid top 4 d-man and a first round a steal for rental player? I fail to see your logic there, in fact I think that an unsigned pending RFA is worth half of what they would be signed. A package of JVT, Carle and a 1st requires some sort of guarantee that Weber can be re-signed.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't supposed to be able talk to weber's agent, but deals like that have happened plenty of times where a trade is made and a contract extension is signed almost immediately

IMO weber being an rfa is fine, I don't need a guaranteed contract. If he gets offer sheeted the flyers get 4 first round picks (highest possible compensation for a 7+ mil contract) and weber won't be dealing from a position of strength for that reason.

I would do jvr, carle, and a first round pick for weber.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They aren't supposed to be able talk to weber's agent, but deals like that have happened plenty of times where a trade is made and a contract extension is signed almost immediately

IMO weber being an rfa is fine, I don't need a guaranteed contract. If he gets offer sheeted the flyers get 4 first round picks (highest possible compensation for a 7+ mil contract) and weber won't be dealing from a position of strength for that reason.

I would do jvr, carle, and a first round pick for weber.

I don't give up any of our Flyer roster prospects for him if no extension is agreed upon. Too risky. And yes, teams can negotiate with a player and his agent after a deal is agreed upon by the two teams. They obviously need permission from the contract's owner first.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weber better than JVR at their respective position get a contract signed and get it done.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to miss great threads like this one..

Awesome discussion my brothers. Here's to you all...
beer.gif

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give up any of our Flyer roster prospects for him if no extension is agreed upon. Too risky. And yes, teams can negotiate with a player and his agent after a deal is agreed upon by the two teams. They obviously need permission from the contract's owner first.

i dont think its terribly risky with him being RFA.. very few players haven't been resigned when they're RFA.. worst case scenario the flyers have the best bargaining chip in the game and can basically get whatever they want

and i really dont see how you get him without giving up a roster prospect? i guess you could try.. hartnell, voracek, and a first? thats not enough i dont think.. hartnell, voracek, and carle? maybe that's enough.. but is that really the route the flyers would want to go?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think its terribly risky with him being RFA.. very few players haven't been resigned when they're RFA.. worst case scenario the flyers have the best bargaining chip in the game and can basically get whatever they want

and i really dont see how you get him without giving up a roster prospect? i guess you could try.. hartnell, voracek, and a first? thats not enough i dont think.. hartnell, voracek, and carle? maybe that's enough.. but is that really the route the flyers would want to go?

Exactly. If anybody offers what it would take to pry Weber away, the Flyers would get 4 first round picks. Most likely it would be from a team with a lot of payroll space available to fit Weber in.....so probably not a great team. No matter how you cut it, Weber won't be a "rental".....hence he will be very expensive to trade for. I stand by my earlier guess that it would probably be for Schenn and Couturier (and possibly a draft pick) as the Preds don't spend a ton of money and they don't have a lot of young offensive talent.

Once again, I agree. The Flyers are in a unique (a good unique) situation where they can win now or win in the future as well. If you give up a Hartnell, Voracek and Carle, and a 1st Rounder, you weaken your team this year from a depth standpoint, but keep the future in tact. If you shoot for the future though, who knows how long Jagr can play the way he does or if he'll even be back. Holmgren has a lot of interesting decisions on his plate.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. If anybody offers what it would take to pry Weber away, the Flyers would get 4 first round picks. Most likely it would be from a team with a lot of payroll space available to fit Weber in.....so probably not a great team. No matter how you cut it, Weber won't be a "rental".....hence he will be very expensive to trade for. I stand by my earlier guess that it would probably be for Schenn and Couturier (and possibly a draft pick) as the Preds don't spend a ton of money and they don't have a lot of young offensive talent.

Once again, I agree. The Flyers are in a unique (a good unique) situation where they can win now or win in the future as well. If you give up a Hartnell, Voracek and Carle, and a 1st Rounder, you weaken your team this year from a depth standpoint, but keep the future in tact. If you shoot for the future though, who knows how long Jagr can play the way he does or if he'll even be back. Holmgren has a lot of interesting decisions on his plate.

i think he likes it that way.. i dont think the flyers have had a clear path forward since he took over haha

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Weber somehow-someway lands here...there is NO way what-so-ever that Homer would allow him to walk after the season is over. He'd wine and dine him so hard and thorough that he'd be a permanent fixture here for many many years to come.

Just throwing this out there, but I'd be willing to wager that Homer and the FO would dump/trade anyone on the blue line (except Kimmo) to get him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Weber somehow-someway lands here...there is NO way what-so-ever that Homer would allow him to walk after the season is over. He'd wine and dine him so hard and thorough that he'd be a permanent fixture here for many many years to come.

Just throwing this out there, but I'd be willing to wager that Homer and the FO would dump/trade anyone on the blue line (except Kimmo) to get him.

i agree that homer would be willing to move anyone on the blueline aside from Kimmo (i would be too).. but i dont think Nashville is lookin for d-men.. they grow on vines or something down there and they just pluck them off and stick em in the lineup.. same with goalies.. they just cant seem to figure out forwards.. aside from hornqvist (i think he was their draft pick) they haven't really had a solid forward prospect in a while.. colin wilson is decent i guess too, but not the kind of impact player they need

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hehe Good points Awazy.

Maaan...I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Homers office these days...wouldn't you?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree that homer would be willing to move anyone on the blueline aside from Kimmo (i would be too).. but i dont think Nashville is lookin for d-men.. they grow on vines or something down there and they just pluck them off and stick em in the lineup.. same with goalies.. they just cant seem to figure out forwards.. aside from hornqvist (i think he was their draft pick) they haven't really had a solid forward prospect in a while.. colin wilson is decent i guess too, but not the kind of impact player they need

Fisher and Kostityn( fucked up spelling) are not terrible.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher and Kostityn( fucked up spelling) are not terrible.

well ya, but i meant homegrown prospect guys.. or at least guys that were traded for when they were 'prospects'.. like giroux or what we expect couturier/schenn/jvr to be

it seems like every d-man or goalie they 'raise' turns out to either be a stud, or they trade him like he will be a stud prior to him flopping (parent)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hehe Good points Awazy.

Maaan...I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Homers office these days...wouldn't you?

heck ya dude.. he's got one of the best jobs out there.. i cant believe there are people that get paid to do what we do on SportsHoopla..

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JVR, Carle, 1st rounder. Get it done!

Long time no see. :rockon:

This is as far as I'm willing to go for Weber, and only if he signs an extension.

JvR is, unfortunately, overrated. IMO, JvR's run last year was made possible by Giroux -- clearly one of G's abilities. If you look at the box scores, he assisted on 6 of JvR's 7 postseason goals. We've also seen, this year, that G is good enough to make Hartnell look like a legitimate first line player.

I know it's not what people want to hear, but JvR will not be a superstar. He'll be a very good, solid, player, but that's about it. I'd rather have Cooter for the long haul -- he'll be the better overall player by the end of next season.

Nashville's biggest problem is their offense, so I think this trade works for both sides. In addition to the first rounder, Nashville gets a promising young forward and a serviceable defenseman -- and we get our Pronger replacement. The cap space cleared by putting Pronger on LTIR plus moving Carle is enough to accommodate Weber's salary -- and Nashville can use the extra $4M or so to re-sign Suter.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long time no see. :rockon:

This is as far as I'm willing to go for Weber, and only if he signs an extension.

JvR is, unfortunately, overrated. IMO, JvR's run last year was made possible by Giroux -- clearly one of G's abilities. If you look at the box scores, he assisted on 6 of JvR's 7 postseason goals. We've also seen, this year, that G is good enough to make Hartnell look like a legitimate first line player.

I know it's not what people want to hear, but JvR will not be a superstar. He'll be a very good, solid, player, but that's about it. I'd rather have Cooter for the long haul -- he'll be the better overall player by the end of next season.

Nashville's biggest problem is their offense, so I think this trade works for both sides. In addition to the first rounder, Nashville gets a promising young forward and a serviceable defenseman -- and we get our Pronger replacement. The cap space cleared by putting Pronger on LTIR plus moving Carle is enough to accommodate Weber's salary -- and Nashville can use the extra $4M or so to re-sign Suter.

+ 1000000000000 for this post.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to get Underwoo- or Fisher, on this team in the Weber trade too.