• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you do this for Weber

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read a somewhat convincing article that Homer will make a play at some point for Weber. They would want people and not picks. Here was the writers proposal.

Here’s what I’d consider offering: James van Riemsdyk, Sean Couturier and Erik Gustafsson for Weber and fourth-line center Jerrod Smithson.

I would love to get Weber, but this may be too rich for me if I were Homer.

JMHO

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read a somewhat convincing article that Homer will make a play at some point for Weber. They would want people and not picks. Here was the writers proposal.

Here’s what I’d consider offering: James van Riemsdyk, Sean Couturier and Erik Gustafsson for Weber and fourth-line center Jerrod Smithson.

I would love to get Weber, but this may be too rich for me if I were Homer.

JMHO

hell. fucking. no.

for emphasis, hell. fucking. no.

edit: after reading it again, i want to emphasize, hell fucking no. if he promised to sign a 10 year deal for a 3 mil cap hit maybe, but with him being unrestricted at the end of the season, take couturier out and maybe

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, can you repeat that... Didn't quite catch it.

oh i did repeat it again.

and keep in mind weber is my #1 'i want him on the flyers' guy.. but that's WAY too much for a possible rental

two of our top 3 offensive prospects and our best d prospect? :puke:

Last edited by a moderator:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
hell. fucking. no.

for emphasis, hell. fucking. no.

edit: after reading it again, i want to emphasize, hell fucking no. if he promised to sign a 10 year deal for a 3 mil cap hit maybe, but with him being unrestricted at the end of the season, take couturier out and maybe

i agree with awaz

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz, Weber is an RFA again next year I believe. So you'd get him re-signed or at the very least, a bounty of compensation from the team who gave him an offer-sheet.

If I were the Preds and Philly came calling, I'd probably ask for this:

Sean Couturier
Brayden Schenn
Jody Shelley (just to make the cap work)
1st Rounder (which would be in the 20+ range)

The Preds need cheap offensive talent IMHumbleO. They have defense in spades coming up through the wings and they can use the money saved to re-up Suter. I'm not saying that you guys should or shouldn't do this.....it's just what I'd ask for if I was Poile.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz, Weber is an RFA again next year I believe. So you'd get him re-signed or at the very least, a bounty of compensation.

Sean Couturier
Brayden Schenn

The Preds need cheap offensive talent IMHumbleO. They have defense in spades coming up through the wings and they can use the money saved to re-up Suter. I'm not saying that you guys should or shouldn't do this.....it's just what I'd ask for if I was Poile.

I wouldn't give up both Couturier & Schenn.

My offer would look like this:

Couturier or Schenn
Read
Bourdon
1st round pick

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no
Guys listen
You dont want to give up either Shenn or Coots.
They 2 guys are going to be superstars.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
im very split on this considering i know one of my christmas presents is a jersey that is either JVR Couturier or Schenn, that means I have a 1 in 3 chance of being completely screwed by a potential trade....ha

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooter and Gus would be a lot for an unsigned Weber, even if he is an RFA. Let alone mixing in JVR

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im very split on this considering i know one of my christmas presents is a jersey that is either JVR Couturier or Schenn, that means I have a 1 in 3 chance of being completely screwed by a potential trade....ha

Make sure you keep the receipt

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooter and Gus would be a lot for an unsigned Weber, even if he is an RFA. Let alone mixing in JVR

I want JVR traded as he is more potential than a player if we could get weber for him let's do it now. We need to do this now while everyone still thinks he's good.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not ready to give up on JVR yet, but this is Weber...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz, Weber is an RFA again next year I believe. So you'd get him re-signed or at the very least, a bounty of compensation from the team who gave him an offer-sheet.

Sean Couturier
Brayden Schenn

my apologies.. having him RFA is a big difference, i thought he'd be UFA.. still wouldn't do couturier, jvr, and gust though.. and if you were poile and asked for that i would laugh in your face and hang up the phone (no offense).. i would do just about anything (outside of trading giroux obviously) to get weber without including schenn or couturier.. i start with JvR and a first.. then i would try my best to not include read, but if it was jvr, read, and a first, i would consider it.. probably try to make it a 2nd instead.. but i think as far as i would go, and this would get a 'ehhh, i guess its ok' response, would be jvr, read, and a 1st

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my apologies.. having him RFA is a big difference, i thought he'd be UFA.. still wouldn't do couturier, jvr, and gust though.. and if you were poile and asked for that i would laugh in your face and hang up the phone (no offense).. i would do just about anything (outside of trading giroux obviously) to get weber without including schenn or couturier.. i start with JvR and a first.. then i would try my best to not include read, but if it was jvr, read, and a first, i would consider it.. probably try to make it a 2nd instead.. but i think as far as i would go, and this would get a 'ehhh, i guess its ok' response, would be jvr, read, and a 1st

No worries brotha, my proposal was a steep, steep price to pay. I was just guessing what Poile would want in return for an immense talent like Weber.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries brotha, my proposal was a steep, steep price to pay. I was just guessing what Poile would want in return for an immense talent like Weber.

ya.. and you gotta expect poile to shoot for the moon on his return.. a guy that is arguably the best d-man in the game at what, 26ish years old?

i think maybe getting weber is too rich for my blood.. gah i would love to add him though, it just might be too painful to do