• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you do this for Weber

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players I'd be willing to give up for Weber? (not ALL of them in one package, but the one's I'd part with)

Of value:

JvR or Schenn
Briere
Bob
Anybody on the Phantoms

Of zero value:

Shitty
Walker
Lilja

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Players I'd be willing to give up for Weber? (not ALL of them in one package, but the one's I'd part with)

Of value:

JvR or Schenn
Briere
Bob
Anybody on the Phantoms

Of zero value:

Shitty
Walker
Lilja

if rinne wasnt on nashville, id say bob has some value there, but with him there i dont see that happening.

im not ready to give up on JVR yet. this year he is on pace for 50+ points and if the lineup gets some stability back i can see him getting 60+. Giroux's third season was also his "breakout" year and look at him this year. i believe giving up on the kid for another dman is a bad idea.

do we not have 3 guys that we pay #1 money already (excluding pronger which would make 4)??? we don't need shea weber for the price that the nashville predators SHOULD be asking, and we don't need that eventual contract.

one loss to boston doesnt mean we have to sell all the young guys for the best thing out there. im in disagreement with just about all of you on this.:fish:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Quit taking my posts out of context.

I didn't say any of them would make sense to be moved to Nashville or that I was "done" with any particular player of value D. I simply stated who I would give up.

So...if you're done being a wise ass.....what or who would YOU give up for Weber?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His virginity? :noidea:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol Quit taking my posts out of context.

I didn't say any of them would make sense to be moved to Nashville or that I was "done" with any particular player of value D. I simply stated who I would give up.

So...if you're done being a wise ass.....what or who would YOU give up for Weber?

i didnt mean to single out your post. its just a common name that keeps popping up.

to simplify...i dont want weber at the cost it will be. i don't think we need him. im the minority i know. but i would much rather grab a vet around the deadline who is not going to "break the bank" and would give us some physical presence in front of the net.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. To each his own.

I'd love to have a player of Weber's caliber in the lineup, but not if it's at some ridiculous astronomical price.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would but i lost that when i met your momma many many years ago.....:finger:

thanks tox!

women --> :hdn: <-- D

Dad? But my Mom isn't a sheep. :noidea:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dad? But my Mom isn't a sheep. :noidea:

yes, sorry i havent been around. go back to school and stop fucking around on SportsHoopla!

and yes the sheep represents all beautiful women.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, sorry i havent been around. go back to school and stop fucking around on SportsHoopla!

and yes the sheep represents all beautiful women.

Are you Muslim? :ss:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My package for Weber would include neither of JvR or Couturier. Did nobody see the shootout goal last night by JvR? A guy that big, strong and fast with those hands? This kid is going to be amazing for us moving forward and he's still only 22, so let's stop throwing him under the bus already. His work in the playoffs last season is only a taste of his eventual dominance.

And what can you say about Couturier? He's probably slated to be our second line center the very second that Briere retires (if not sooner) and he made the team as an 18 year old. How many players that age could make this stacked of a roster? We just stole this kid with the 8th overall pick in the draft, he's done nothing but impress at every turn and now we're going to ship him off? I think not.

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My package for Weber would include neither of JvR or Couturier. Did nobody see the shootout goal last night by JvR? A guy that big with those hands? This kid is going to be amazing for us moving forward and he's still only 22, so let's stop throwing him under the bus already. His work in the playoffs last season were only a taste of his eventual dominance.

And what can you say about Couturier? He's probably slated to be our second line center the very second that Briere retires (if not sooner) and he made the team as an 18 year old. How many players that age could make this stacked of a roster? We just stole this kid from the draft, he's done nothing but impress at every turn and now we're going to ship him off? I think not.

i dont think anyone is throwing him under the bus, but i think most are on the same page in saying they'd rather move him than couturier or schenn.. which i think is valid.. i dont wanna move him either, but if the right move comes around and the flyers need to throw a high-value guy in it's gotta be JvR or Bob.. and most of the talk is surrounding nashville who wont need a new goalie for 15 years, hence JvR's name coming up alot

i dont wanna move the guy either.. but i am not as sold on him as others are.. he had a few fantastic games in the playoffs.. but it was only what, 4 or 5 games? out of the close to 200 that he's played.. everyone keeps comparing him to giroux, and this is his breakout season.. giroux was a force from the start.. he was like 3rd on the team in points in his first playoff run.. giroux was leaps and bounds ahead of JvR at this point in their careers

i just dont know how you could put together an attractive offer for weber without including one of the 3 (schenn, coots, jvr).. if your answer is you dont want weber, then so be it (i think that's a very valid side), but i dont think there's any way you can make an offer that would stand up to the rest of the league without one of them

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think anyone is throwing him under the bus, but i think most are on the same page in saying they'd rather move him than couturier or schenn.. which i think is valid.. i dont wanna move him either, but if the right move comes around and the flyers need to throw a high-value guy in it's gotta be JvR or Bob.. and most of the talk is surrounding nashville who wont need a new goalie for 15 years, hence JvR's name coming up alot

i dont wanna move the guy either.. but i am not as sold on him as others are.. he had a few fantastic games in the playoffs.. but it was only what, 4 or 5 games? out of the close to 200 that he's played.. everyone keeps comparing him to giroux, and this is his breakout season.. giroux was a force from the start.. he was like 3rd on the team in points in his first playoff run.. giroux was leaps and bounds ahead of JvR at this point in their careers

This^

I don't think anybody is throwing him under the bus Maverick. If anything, I think it's high praise knowing that it'll take a lot to get the (arguably) best defenseman in the league, who is still only 26 and qualifies for RFA. JvR is a highly sought after commodity in the NHL right now.

At least you guys have the pieces to get him, lol. I'd freak the fuck out if he ever became a Shark. Sad thing is, I don't think they'd take a proposal of Couture, Vlasic and a 1st and that's about the best we could offer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giroux is an absolute superstar. JvR may never get there. We don't know yet, but he is getting better season after season, just not at the insane level that Giroux has, which is understandable.

I'm just saying that if you trade JvR this season, odds are he's going to explode next season, especially on another team where he gets more minutes. He's getting only 15:46 this season, but is still on pace for around 25 goals and 55 points. Look for 70+ points out of him next season. It's only a matter of time.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're giving up all of that talent for Weber and then you need to clear cap space and sign him to a $7-8 million cap hit. The players involved in the trade and the terms of the extension he signs effective immediately would have to be just right for me to even consider such a move.