• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Russell Wilson be a Starting QB anywhere next Year?

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question.
Do you think 2018 Kirk is the same as 2023 Kirk?
Or do you think he has grown?

BTW as good as your 2018 Defense may have been, dont think they were like this years Browns Defense.
They win no matter who has been QB LOL
Hell they woke up old man winter to finish the season.

This is an amazing run that Flacco is on. It is what got him the massive contract that he got from Baltimore. But it is that, just a great run.

As far as if Kirk has grown, sure he has. But he's still only got one victory in the playoffs. And the last pass of that aforementioned Giants game shows that he's still very averse risk.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be so bad for the Falcons. Need to get a new QB to grow while the running game is young and then take over the offense as they age.
That's my preferred route ( drafting one ) but i just don't see Smith and Fontenot doing that in a make or break year

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Smith-Richard Sherman-Michael Irvin-Booger McFarland,the list goes on.......RW would be better than any of those guys.
No he wouldn't. He'd be coherent. That doesn't make for good tv. :heh:

Besides, Wilson's PR team wouldn't be able to do all the talking on his behalf.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Denver trades Wilson, they will likely need to pick up a significant portion of Wilson’s salary to make the deal. That’s quite common.

That said, Denver would likely not trade him to an AFC west team. They would not want to face him twice a season.

Denver has really only two options. One is to keep Wilson and try to repair the relationship. At this point that seems unlikely.

The second option is to place him on waivers and take the dead cap hit. Chances are he would clear waivers and be free to negotiate with any team.
You've just said the Broncos would rather cut Wilson and pay him $39M, (minus minimum wage if he wanted to play for an AFC West team for that price), rather than trade him to an AFC West team and have the AFC West team pay at least $37M over 2 seasons whilst the Broncos paid Wilson less.

Stop posting, read more, and start thinking.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what offsets are in what contracts but I would expect there to be some sort of offset in Wilson's contract. I would be surprised if it was a 100% offset where whatever he earned came off the Broncos bill. If so Wilson would effectively be playing for free. He'd be better off commentating for a year and coming back to the NFL healthy in 2025. The Broncos wouldn't care if he played. They'd just want to reduce their bill. An offset beyond 50% or so would be counter-productive.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't need to get that stupid though.
Sure, but who really knows. Russell had all the leverage not the Broncos. It seems the Broncos thought they were a QB away so in theory you could argue the contract wasn’t bad. In hindsight it’s bad but had they won a Super Bowl it’d be worth it

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what offsets are in what contracts but I would expect there to be some sort of offset in Wilson's contract. I would be surprised if it was a 100% offset where whatever he earned came off the Broncos bill. If so Wilson would effectively be playing for free. He'd be better off commentating for a year and coming back to the NFL healthy in 2025. The Broncos wouldn't care if he played. They'd just want to reduce their bill. An offset beyond 50% or so would be counter-productive.

I don't think a player his age can afford to take a year off if he doesn't want it to potentially be retirement. He could sign a deal with any team and backload it. And given the landscape of QBs right now. I think he can find a number of teams willing to play ball.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's such a child. I stopped caring about my birthday at 21.

ce4761f3-bc24-45b8-aafe-f3922974cb32_text.gif

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've just said the Broncos would rather cut Wilson and pay him $39M, (minus minimum wage if he wanted to play for an AFC West team for that price), rather than trade him to an AFC West team and have the AFC West team pay at least $37M over 2 seasons whilst the Broncos paid Wilson less.

Stop posting, read more, and start thinking.
You misrepresented what I said. Start thinking.
I don't think a player his age can afford to take a year off if he doesn't want it to potentially be retirement. He could sign a deal with any team and backload it. And given the landscape of QBs right now. I think he can find a number of teams willing to play ball.
Wilson is not n his mid 30’s it’s not like he’s an old man. Things aren’t like they were 30 or 40 years ago. If he took a year off and stayed in shape he’d be better off

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is not n his mid 30’s it’s not like he’s an old man. Things aren’t like they were 30 or 40 years ago. If he took a year off and stayed in shape he’d be better off

You might be right about that, but one of his biggest gifts in his prime was his legs. He doesn't have that ability anymore. He is not aging well.

Also, If 4 teams draft 1st round QBs, that's 4 more teams that won't touch him in 2025. He could find work, but it might not be in the spot that he wants.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he wouldn't. He'd be coherent. That doesn't make for good tv. :heh:

Besides, Wilson's PR team wouldn't be able to do all the talking on his behalf.

The gúy I mentioned ảe absolutley horific,I ưould be an upgrade over them......