• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why isn't Von Miller signed yet?

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been assuming a deal will get done throughout these negotiations, so I haven't been posting on this topic. However, one thing to consider is that, assuming a deal gets done, Von Miller could always restructure his contract down the road to help the team out if we get close to Super Bowl contention again in the next few years. Part of his "ability" to do that would be mitigated by the huge guarantee, but I could still see him doing this (and the team asking him to do this). I believe Tom Brady did this multiple times, and it has helped the Patriots stay consistently competitive for years. When a player is that good and means that much to a team, they gain leverage in sort of becoming part owners for a time. There is so much money wrapped up in their contracts that they can restructure at some point to give back money or cap space. Maybe Von is trying to put himself in position to do this. :noidea:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been assuming a deal will get done throughout these negotiations, so I haven't been posting on this topic. However, one thing to consider is that, assuming a deal gets done, Von Miller could always restructure his contract down the road to help the team out if we get close to Super Bowl contention again in the next few years. Part of his "ability" to do that would be mitigated by the huge guarantee, but I could still see him doing this (and the team asking him to do this). I believe Tom Brady did this multiple times, and it has helped the Patriots stay consistently competitive for years. When a player is that good and means that much to a team, they gain leverage in sort of becoming part owners for a time. There is so much money wrapped up in their contracts that they can restructure at some point to give back money or cap space. Maybe Von is trying to put himself in position to do this. :noidea:

LOL he wants all of the contract up flipping front !!!!!!!!!! I bet he would be giddy to get a new contract in 3 years ....He is wanting 70 something million the first 3 years so hell yes he would love that .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still hope we trade him . I no longer want him on the team .,

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clady big bucks that work out great .

I said we would lose a year last year with DT .. We did .

This contract will cost us players that are worker bees types and sanders this next year and next year all the player we would have signed to kept . This guy was good during regular .. not great

He wants all money up front . 3 years from now this contract will be viewed as a failure . He will be squawking of a new contract .. this guy is all about himself .

I guess all I can do is hope for the best I think we will get what we signed but you need players around him hope Elway can keep the draft magic going because this contract will cripple Retaining anyone the next two years possible 3.

And DC You are childish .. I might be stubborn as Mule but it is a good kind of stubborn it has served me rather well thought my life . Enjoy calling me childish 6 years old words

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biting my lip

Biting my lip

Biting my lip

Drama queen. I said I loved you good lord. Take a compliment.

Still biting my lip

It's hard folks, but I am gonna do it.

OUCH!

And the guy was leader for poster of the month until that.

:dhd::dhd:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biting my lip

Biting my lip

Biting my lip

Drama queen. I said I loved you good lord. Take a compliment.

Still biting my lip

It's hard folks, but I am gonna do it.

OUCH!

And the guy was leader for poster of the month until that.

:dhd::dhd:

Haha To me as long as Von Miller keeps doing what he has been doing then this contract is worth it and more. He is a guy from what I understand that does a great job of uniting players in the locker room. Heck I think he set up a club in his house that players can come to at any time and hang out so that they don't go out to the bars and get in trouble. So just keep doing that and I will be happy.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This contract will cost us players that are worker bees types and sanders this next year and next year all the player we would have signed to kept . This guy was good during regular .. not great

He wants all money up front . 3 years from now this contract will be viewed as a failure . He will be squawking of a new contract .. this guy is all about himself .

I guess all I can do is hope for the best I think we will get what we signed but you need players around him hope Elway can keep the draft magic going because this contract will cripple Retaining anyone the next two years possible 3.

And DC You are childish .. I might be stubborn as Mule but it is a good kind of stubborn it has served me rather well thought my life . Enjoy calling me childish 6 years old words

This is why Denver wanted the out in year 3 in case Von put two sub par season together or injury or something off the field.

Denver not doing this last year or earlier around combine time cost them about $10MM but that is how Elway rolls so bottomline is Von will be a Bronco for life

Ware first 5 years ~70 sacks

Next 5 years ~74 sacks

If Von give us 12 sacks a year for the next 3 years it will all be good

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think trading players is always the solution for Crash anytime there is a bit of adversity with getting the player signed.

He is Mr. Trade Happy.

Apparently he thinks we can just plug in the next Von Miller falling off the apple tree.

Guy can't handle a little adversity on a contract squabble over a franchise player. Anytime you are dealing with a franchise changing, hall of fame capable player contract talks aren't gonna go smooth as as baby's ass. There are going to be a few bumps in figuring it out. Both sides are coming to an agreement. No need to start trading players away because they won't take the first offer Denver throws at them. He labeled Emmanuel Sanders a turd and hoped he didn't make the roster the day we signed him over a contract issue. Guy just gets too emotional over contract talks.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Von got Franchise QB money good for him and us. Its something we had to do. I get Crash's concern too because its not unheard of when guys get paid they get lazy. I hope Von isn't one of those guys we'll see of course I'm not that worried about it. I'm more concerned about keeping Sanders.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How does Denver win the Super Bowl last year without Miller? The NFL is not moneyball looking how you can replace one player with 3 sub par players.

Malik can thank Von for his contract. Same with Wolfe who cleans up all the pressure Von puts on the QB.

Generational players need to be retained.

Okung is the a real concern if he exceeds his play this year and wants real LT money.

Elway has found FAs Sander, Stewart, Harris etc. Good drafting is more art than science and I think Denver will continue to draft well because they seem to have the art of drafting.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another way to think about it Crash. We can counter Von with so little $$ at QB position for next 3/4 years its all good. Look at the Raiders they will have QB WR pass rusher to pay boom boom boom to huge deals enjoy black hole.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When hall of fame pass rushers start growing on trees like RB's do then I will start to cringe at signing the most valueable reason why we won the SUPER BOWL to a big time contract.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Denver win the Super Bowl last year without Miller? The NFL is not moneyball looking how you can replace one player with 3 sub par players.

Malik can thank Von for his contract. Same with Wolfe who cleans up all the pressure Von puts on the QB.

Generational players need to be retained.

Okung is the a real concern if he exceeds his play this year and wants real LT money.

Elway has found FAs Sander, Stewart, Harris etc. Good drafting is more art than science and I think Denver will continue to draft well because they seem to have the art of drafting.

Well the nice thing with Okung's deal is it already has a 4-year option set up. So there is no us having to negotiate with him if he has a great year and we want to keep him. He would get decent money if we retain him and if not and he gets a big deal from elsewhere we get a nice Comp pick in return. So win/win for the Broncos if Okung plays well.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller's on a plane right now according to his snapchat. Hope they have WiFi to sign his contract or maybe they have his e-signature on file.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller's on a plane right now according to his snapchat. Hope they have WiFi to sign his contract or maybe they have his e-signature on file.

I would bet they wouldn't let him on the plane unless they for sure knew he could sign some way. I doubt the Broncos want another Dumervil situation on their hands.