• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why isn't Von Miller signed yet?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clady big bucks that work out great .

I said we would lose a year last year with DT .. We did .

This contract will cost us players that are worker bees types and sanders this next year and next year all the player we would have signed to kept . This guy was good during regular .. not great

He wants all money up front . 3 years from now this contract will be viewed as a failure . He will be squawking of a new contract .. this guy is all about himself .

I guess all I can do is hope for the best I think we will get what we signed but you need players around him hope Elway can keep the draft magic going because this contract will cripple Retaining anyone the next two years possible 3.

And DC You are childish .. I might be stubborn as Mule but it is a good kind of stubborn it has served me rather well thought my life . Enjoy calling me childish 6 years old words

According to over the cap, even with Von and Okung Denver is still $39MM under the cap in 2017.

Talib is 10 MM and Ward is 4.5 MM in cap space if they are not on the team.

Denver would be smart to wrap up Roby a year early

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been thinking of quiting posting . that should make you happy

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been thinking of quiting posting . that should make you happy

Naw- It really wouldn't make me happy. I'd actually miss ya. You're fun to rumble with now and then. Don't give up that easy. Keep fighting. It's an internet message board don't let sensitivity get the better of you because some bully over the internet likes to give ya a hard time. :D

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clady big bucks that work out great .

I said we would lose a year last year with DT .. We did .

This contract will cost us players that are worker bees types and sanders this next year and next year all the player we would have signed to kept . This guy was good during regular .. not great

He wants all money up front . 3 years from now this contract will be viewed as a failure . He will be squawking of a new contract .. this guy is all about himself .

I guess all I can do is hope for the best I think we will get what we signed but you need players around him hope Elway can keep the draft magic going because this contract will cripple Retaining anyone the next two years possible 3.

And DC You are childish .. I might be stubborn as Mule but it is a good kind of stubborn it has served me rather well thought my life . Enjoy calling me childish 6 years old words

105 receptions, 1300+ yards and 6 TD = a "lost year"???

Holy crap someone has some very unrealistic expectations.....SMH:L

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep I Expect him to take over a game and not disappear in playoffs when he gets paid as much as he did . Sanders was our best WR year in the playoffs .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has nothing to what you were talking DC ..

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep I Expect him to take over a game and not disappear in playoffs when he gets paid as much as he did . Sanders was our best WR year in the playoffs .

DeMarcus Ware's project this off-season appears to be D. Thomas - one year with Ware and Von Miller became the highest paid D player in the league. At least D. Thomas' contract is already settled - if Ware works his magic.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also this was a fare deal for all . Glad we are in a good place

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeMarcus Ware's project this off-season appears to be D. Thomas - one year with Ware and Von Miller became the highest paid D player in the league. At least D. Thomas' contract is already settled - if Ware works his magic.

I was talking Dt ...mingo:D

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to over the cap, even with Von and Okung Denver is still $39MM under the cap in 2017.

Talib is 10 MM and Ward is 4.5 MM in cap space if they are not on the team.

Denver would be smart to wrap up Roby a year early

If he is not wrapped up, look for the fifth year option. Honestly, I am thinking this is the year Roby starts taking snaps away from Talib. Roby just impressed me so much down the playoff stretch last year.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A couple of playoff games does not = a "lost year" either......

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you are paid like the best you don't cruse like he did either .

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is not wrapped up, look for the fifth year option. Honestly, I am thinking this is the year Roby starts taking snaps away from Talib. Roby just impressed me so much down the playoff stretch last year.
Denver's luck he'll have a 3 INT game in the playoffs that 5th year and his value will skyrocket.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be able to get Roby locked up by putting much of Talib's contract into Roby.

When we signed Talib we figured get us 3 good years. Talib still has good years left, but we may have to part ways after this year.. Nice to have 3 great CB's but sadly it means we also have to pay all 3 like #1 CB's to keep them all around. Roby is younger and out of trouble more....

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of playoff games does not = a "lost year" either......

Thomas has one catch and 13 targets vs the Patriots - we lose that game, and chances are we don't even make the playoffs ..

Thomas doesn't come back for the ball and he is routinely thrown off his game when a CB gets into his head ( which is often )

Drops and bad games are one thing, but his sulking and the futile look on his face is telling ..

We've got a guy in Norwood who is barely 180 lbs who will throw everything into his game, and Thomas is what - 6'3"- 6'4" 240, and disappears ......

The guy has all the tools and has shown he can dominate ... The bothersome thing is that, for whatever reason(s), he will be a non factor at the worst time, and has no fire ..

Even if a guy isn't on his A game, it doesn't mean he should pout and vanish

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas has one catch and 13 targets vs the Patriots - we lose that game, and chances are we don't even make the playoffs ..

Thomas doesn't come back for the ball and he is routinely thrown off his game when a CB gets into his head ( which is often )

Drops and bad games are one thing, but his sulking and the futile look on his face is telling ..

We've got a guy in Norwood who is barely 180 lbs who will throw everything into his game, and Thomas is what - 6'3"- 6'4" 240, and disappears ......

The guy has all the tools and has shown he can dominate ... The bothersome thing is that, for whatever reason(s), he will be a non factor at the worst time, and has no fire ..

Even if a guy isn't on his A game, it doesn't mean he should pout and vanish
Valid points, and I don't claim that Thomas bears no blame whatsoever. But fact is we didn't lose against the Patriots. We won in spite of DT having a bad game that day (which is what good teams do). DT had a slightly down year. That is evident and obvious. However, even in a "non-DT" type of season, the guy still posts 1300+ yards and over 100 receptions. That's still a good season for a WR, and is proof he did contribute during the season. To call that "a lost year" is just disingenuous.