• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why isn't Von Miller signed yet?

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh, Mingo's talking to himself again....

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two more days until all the extendable FT players get a new contract most likely. Woo.

I am ready for all the nonsense of people and especially media overhyping and trying to cause mass hysteria. Every year this same story line happens and every year many of these FT players get signed. The ones that don't are usually the ones that you expect. Rarely do we see somebody expected to get signed not get it done. Yet every year we continue to have this same story line of "this player is really unhappy" or "I've been hearing rumors they want out and will be traded before the deadline" or "they won't play on the tag if a deal doesn't get done." Same stories yet same results every year.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else still not nervous?.
I'm not the least bit nervous. Have we learned nothing from DT and other franchise tagged players? They almost always sign right before the deadline. Both sides are negotiating and trying to get the best deal possible. It happens every year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the least bit nervous. Have we learned nothing from DT and other franchise tagged players? They almost always sign right before the deadline. Both sides are negotiating and trying to get the best deal possible. It happens every year.

Yeah this is what i have been saying since the day we franchised Miller. He wasn't gonna sign until near the deadline. That seems to be a given with the way franchise tagged contracts are negotiated.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst case scenario, he sits out an entire year - we'll get guys in there who have something prove, who will take it as a challenge - not to let the pass rush tail off on their watch ....

Wade Phillips and Bill Kollar are the most important pieces of this defense, not Von Miller

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.. and look at the two players in recent history who had taken the same stance as Miller - Ryan Clady and Demaryius Thomas ..

Both choked on it when they returned

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von Miller - playing at the level he did in the playoffs - all through the next regular season - will set records that will never be broken. Von has elevated his game and dominated in the big movements, but only for the last five games he has played. If the Broncos get the Von Miller who wrecked the playoffs - playing that way and that dominant in the regular season - he is well worth what he is asking the Broncos to pay him.

Von Miller has been around 4 years one year he was suspended for a significant portion and the other he got an ACL and went on IR. He has the ability to outplay this contract, or screw up or have periods of dis-interest. He is a much better bet on a top contract that Brock Osweiler. We shall see if he is a responsible leader when his deal is done.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like they are $10MM apart right now which makes Von's asking for $70MM a reality. Shefter never reported it but had heard that number around NFL circles.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like they are $10MM apart right now which makes Von's asking for $70MM a reality. Shefter never reported it but had heard that number around NFL circles.

70 was the number I was expecting Von's camp wanting. Will Denver agree to that or near that number we'll see. I think because Von is on a crusade iwhich is holding things up alot. One guy not to mess with is John Von being a(rare player or not) He'll be playing elsewhere if demands are too much. We'll see what the next day holds.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to meet in the middle. Von is not taking into account the reality of sitting out a year.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"What if it doesn’t work out? What if egos prevail over reason and outside linebacker Von Miller and the Broncos don’t reach a long-term contract before Friday’s 2 p.m. deadline.

First, it means something went terribly wrong. Second, it would be decision time for Miller. Do you play or stay away? He told ESPN on Monday that he would not play on a one-year, $14.129 million franchise tag.

“It’s a league-wide problem that I feel like I’m in a situation to help out with,” Miller said.

Most NFL players wouldn’t give up $14 million guaranteed and a year in the middle of their prime. Miller isn’t most players.

In 2011 during the NFL lockout, Miller was the only rookie to join an antitrust lawsuit filed by the players against the league. He hadn’t even hit the field yet and was ready to put his neck out there."

Rest of the article:
What’s the precedent and possibility of Von Miller holding out if there’s no long-term deal?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good folks. It will happen.

Keep playing Pokemon Go and relax.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von Miller has been around 4 years one year he was suspended for a significant portion and the other he got an ACL and went on IR.

Actually he's been around 5 years, and the suspension and ACL were the same season. In the other 4 seasons, he's missed a grand total of 1 game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds to me like the Broncos showed some love by upping their offer considerably and Von's side said "Well that's nice now our offer is still exactly the same." Honestly starting to get like Wolfe on this whole thing and realize that there is more than just 1 player involved here. Have to remember that any money that Von takes means he takes it away from other players. That is the the thing with the NFL is you have to spend the money. So whether Von makes $60 million or $70 million doesn't matter to the overall spending the team will do just how much other players can get.

Also just not liking this whole "you hurt my feelings" attitude of Von. DT needs to give him a call and tell him to calm down as I remember DT was asked during mini-camp if he had any advice for Von and he told him don't get emotionally involved and let your agent and Mr. Elway handle it. Well he did not heed that advice and has emotionally tied himself to these negotiations. When you are like this you are not thinking rationally. I think the two sides still find a way to make this work but Von at least to me hasn't done the best job of showing he is about the Denver Broncos but is all about the money.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade him to a He want's it all up front ..in other words 3 years from now he will be sitting at home saying he will sit out .

Trade him we are deep at his position F him ! Two Number one from a crappy ass team we can get some kick butt talent in the draft and not kill our cap and sign Sanders