• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who wins? #2 Oklahoma vs. #3 Georgia

Who wins?

• Total voters

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Oklahoma fans poor or something? Or do they just not have any interest in traveling halfway across to country to see their team lose?

Lol OU had 90% of the crowd in the Big 12 title game. I know because I was there. All flights 3 days out of New Years to LA are all gone. Don't worry Sooner fans will be there. Plus a lot of OU fans already live out that way. Grapes of Wrath?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man this game is going to be awesome. It's cool to see UGA finally playing for a title and I've always liked OU.

This will be really interesting. OU's offense is a juggernaut, but their defense is the opposite of elite. It'll come down to how well UGA can run and control the clock.

I don't know if that's going to do too much to stop them though. OU's averaged over 8 yards per play on the season and Mayfield's averaged almost 12 yards per pass attempt. They can score very quickly.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Oklahoma faced a defense as fast as Georgia?

With 4 weeks to prepare.. Auburn was pretty one-dimensional as usual. If Oklahoma can run the ball, they will probably blow them out. Big IF

SO I'm going with the taters as usual

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Oklahoma faced a defense as fast as Georgia?

With 4 weeks to prepare.. Auburn was pretty one-dimensional as usual. If Oklahoma can run the ball, they will probably blow them out. Big IF

SO I'm going with the taters as usual

TCU was the #4 defense in the country before we got ahold of them. Ohio States D was supposed to be something we’ve never seen and couldn’t handle. Tbh, I’m not sure Texas didn’t have the best D of the three.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU was the #4 defense in the country before we got ahold of them. Ohio States D was supposed to be something we’ve never seen and couldn’t handle. Tbh, I’m not sure Texas didn’t have the best D of the three.

Based on those results it would look like Oklahoma should score 30-40 points although I was never sold on the TCU defense.

If Georgia has the best Defense we have faced, then under 30 points scored. If they are somewhere around Texas and Ohio State, then around 30 points scored.

Not sure we will stop them from scoring, but avoid giving up the long plays and make them march down the field to score, it might be a close game either way.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm just not sure TCU's defense is as good or as fast as Georgia. Ohio State game was early in the year and I'm not sure that they were at full blast yet either. Not trying to make up excuses and that's why I went with tater salad

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be a great game. It depends on just how stupid Mike dumbass Stoops schemes this game. I'm sure he will try and stack the box but he has been known to put LB on the line instead of Dlineman.

If we run an actual 4 man front, with the bigs, I like our chances. If he does his normal and has 2 bigs and LB/DE, it could get ugly. We have small but fast LB, but they are not built to stop the run. Just watch the WVU game. About half the plays had OU defensive players falling backwards making tackles.

Then the other xfactor. OU offense score quickly and UGA controls the ball. Our defense will get worn out. If we can stop them in the red zone and they settle for FG's. OU will have to establish some 10+ play drives to rest our guys. Riley has grown up the last 12 games and I don't see he letting up, like he did against Texass, Baylor and ISU. 17 point lead are not enough.

Mike Stoops, stack the box with bigs and let Fromm, try and beat us with his arm. Don't put LB's on a 4 man front. Don't panic if he hits some passes. Keep gap control and play fundamentally sound. Put pressure on a freshman QB, it actually works.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be a great game. It depends on just how stupid Mike dumbass Stoops schemes this game. I'm sure he will try and stack the box but he has been known to put LB on the line instead of Dlineman.

If we run an actual 4 man front, with the bigs, I like our chances. If he does his normal and has 2 bigs and LB/DE, it could get ugly. We have small but fast LB, but they are not built to stop the run. Just watch the WVU game. About half the plays had OU defensive players falling backwards making tackles.

Then the other xfactor. OU offense score quickly and UGA controls the ball. Our defense will get worn out. If we can stop them in the red zone and they settle for FG's. OU will have to establish some 10+ play drives to rest our guys. Riley has grown up the last 12 games and I don't see he letting up, like he did against Texass, Baylor and ISU. 17 point lead are not enough.

Mike Stoops, stack the box with bigs and let Fromm, try and beat us with his arm. Don't put LB's on a 4 man front. Don't panic if he hits some passes. Keep gap control and play fundamentally sound. Put pressure on a freshman QB, it actually works.

A few things about this.

1) we have one undersized MLB in Beal. Murray and Kelly are big athletic guys who can move. Problem is, Beal and Murray are not gap sound consistently and this is where Georgia’s run game might eat them up. That’s why you see our linebackers making tackles falling backwards. They have a nasty habit of getting caught up in the wash. Murray has the athleticism to overcome if fairly often. Beal does not. He needs to finally get his shit together these next four weeks but if he hasn’t in 2 years I’m not sure why he suddenly would now. We’re gonna have to walk a safety down to help out and that imo is where Fromm will either sink or swim.

2) Mike actually schemes pretty well against these types of offenses. We’ve seen it repeatedly that his defenses fair pretty well against the B1G and SEC offenses. It’s the Big 12 and the Ckemson’s Of the world that eat his lunch. We’ve got the big bodies on the defensive line to match up if Mike will use them right and we don’t let Georgia grind us down.

3) This is not Oregon offense or Oklahoma offense of the past who only knows how to score fast. They have an offensive line built to wear down defensive fronts. I do think Riley will try to score fast early to try to force Georgia to chase the game, but we’ve repeatedly seen this offense grind out longer drives with the running game and intermediate passing and I see no reason to believe they won’t have some success again when needed.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) we have one undersized MLB in Beal. Murray and Kelly are big athletic guys who can move. Problem is, Beal and Murray are not gap sound consistently and this is where Georgia’s run game might eat them up. That’s why you see our linebackers making tackles falling backwards. They have a nasty habit of getting caught up in the wash. Murray has the athleticism to overcome if fairly often.

I can't tell you how many times I have seen this happen.
Just wait for the hole and tackle the guy running thru it.
It just doesn't seem that difficult a concept.
Yet, here we are.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't tell you how many times I have seen this happen.
Just wait for the hole and tackle the guy running thru it.
It just doesn't seem that difficult a concept.
Yet, here we are.

Teams know we struggle with gap assignments so they throw a lot of eye candy at our linebackers to distract and confuse them. I’m sure Georgia will do the same.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man this game is going to be awesome. It's cool to see UGA finally playing for a title and I've always liked OU.

I don't know if that's going to do too much to stop them though. OU's averaged over 8 yards per play on the season and Mayfield's averaged almost 12 yards per pass attempt. They can score very quickly.

If UGA can run the ball consistently, they can control the clock and keep OU's offense off the field. That'll be the best way UGA can beat them IMO. Same strategy Ohio State used to great success against the high powered Oregon offenses in the past.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's another thing... OU is very capable of running and controlling the clock themselves.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few things about this.

1) we have one undersized MLB in Beal. Murray and Kelly are big athletic guys who can move. Problem is, Beal and Murray are not gap sound consistently and this is where Georgia’s run game might eat them up. That’s why you see our linebackers making tackles falling backwards. They have a nasty habit of getting caught up in the wash. Murray has the athleticism to overcome if fairly often. Beal does not. He needs to finally get his shit together these next four weeks but if he hasn’t in 2 years I’m not sure why he suddenly would now. We’re gonna have to walk a safety down to help out and that imo is where Fromm will either sink or swim.

Murray is good size but Kelley looks more like a big WR, then a LB. Beal is a slow safety, that plays LB. Kelley can move but I'd hope he would be closer to 235-240 by now. Everytime I see him, he reminds me of Dez Byrant, physic wise. Murray is a great athlete and playing as a true freshman, he has shown, he will be great. Reminds me of Malik Jefferson, his freshman year.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray is good size but Kelley looks more like a big WR, then a LB. Beal is a slow safety, that plays LB. Kelley can move but I'd hope he would be closer to 235-240 by now. Everytime I see him, he reminds me of Dez Byrant, physic wise. Murray is a great athlete and playing as a true freshman, he has shown, he will be great. Reminds me of Malik Jefferson, his freshman year.

They’re looking at moving Murray back outside next year.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Oklahoma fans poor or something? Or do they just not have any interest in traveling halfway across to country to see their team lose?

:csb:

Georiga thinks they playing Kentucky or something.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia needs to get D'Andre Swift and Mecole Hardman more involved in the offense. When all is said and done, I think Swift will be the best back UGA has seen since Herschel Walker, and that includes Todd Gurley. Get him or Hardman matched up on any LB and it's a mismatch in our favor every single time.