• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are your rooting for in the Super Bowl?

Who do you want to win?

• Bengals

Votes: 45 69.2%
  • Rams

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither, just hoping it's a good game.

Votes: 4 6.2%

• Total voters

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
System is designed to make it hard to stay on top. Usually the cap favors bad teams and they usually have the most cap space to play with. So I’ll just agree to disagree that the system is designed to do it like the Rams have for good teams. I think it’s short sighted to trade away future draft picks and kick the can down the road cap wise. While it may seem worth it for the moment, it’ll be what their fans will lament for years and shouldn’t be admired . Just my two cents.

What you’re not understanding is that the Rams can trade away their late 1st rounders for elite talent like Ramsey or Stafford and still have enough draft picks to fill out the roster just fine while developing players into starters.. which they have.

If Von Miller doesn’t resign, we will most likely get a 3rd round comp next year. We’ve been getting hella comps picks man. 3-4 per year. And your Seahawks have proven how hard it is to draft late in the first round. Time will tell but when you draft 2-3 starters per year without a 1st rounder and you add elite talent it’s not a horrible recipe at all

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
System is designed to make it hard to stay on top. Usually the cap favors bad teams and they usually have the most cap space to play with. So I’ll just agree to disagree that the system is designed to do it like the Rams have for good teams. I think it’s short sighted to trade away future draft picks and kick the can down the road cap wise. While it may seem worth it for the moment, it’ll be what their fans will lament for years and shouldn’t be admired . Just my two cents.
I think you're mostly right, but it comes down to who you trade for and why.

Saints drafted really well for awhile and they went broke keeping their team together. Building through the draft can get you into trouble, too.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, and at this point, StL has its money, LA has its old team back. Kroenke has a MUCH more valuable football team. Its not win/win/win because StL still doesnt have a team but thats life.

And I remember all those dog shit teams. Hell
I went to the games. It’s why Johnny Hekker got so good. :L

Steven Jackson had maybe the most wasted career of any stud NFL player I’ve ever seen.

All I can hope for is we win this super bowl and Stan sells the team.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you’re not understanding is that the Rams can trade away their late 1st rounders for elite talent like Ramsey or Stafford and still have enough draft picks to fill out the roster just fine while developing players into starters.. which they have.

If Von Miller doesn’t resign, we will most likely get a 3rd round comp next year. We’ve been getting hella comps picks man. 3-4 per year. And your Seahawks have proven how hard it is to draft late in the first round. Time will tell but when you draft 2-3 starters per year without a 1st rounder and you add elite talent it’s not a horrible recipe at all
It’s not substainable.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not substainable.

I don’t think it needs to be done every year. You get your pieces and build around them. And then If you develop players anything is possible. Every season is different. There’s so much luck involved too. The draft, the playoffs…

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they have been trying to buy a championship- Beckham, Woods ,Leonard Floyd, Von Miller, Whitworth Sony Michel, Jalen Ramsey and of course Stafford just to name a few very important pieces that that were brought or bought to get them where they are and that's OK, but lets be open about how they are operating. Yes they have drafted some key players like Donald and Kupp but they have bought a slew of players and that's without mentioning those they bought and sold in the past like Brandin Cooks and Sammy Watkins for example. Heck they aren't even making any pretense that they are building through the draft by trading away their draft capitol for years...and years to come.
It's all about winning of course, so if it works kudos to them, but I still prefer teams that do it via the draft and I'll be rooting hard for the underdogs to grab the trophy and win or lose the Bengals should be a force for years because they have built through the draft.
Being a Skins fan I've seen the clusterfucks that can easily pop up when a team/owner/coach/whoever tries to buy a championship by bringing in the wrong players habitually and worse. Bringing in decent to good players, but not playing them to their strengths.

So no more push-back from me on if the Rams are buying a championship, but if so. They've shown that like a draft. There's a right way to go about it and a wrong way to go about it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I remember all those dog shit teams. Hell
I went to the games. It’s why Johnny Hekker got so good. :L

Steven Jackson had maybe the most wasted career of any stud NFL player I’ve ever seen.

All I can hope for is we win this super bowl and Stan sells the team.
STL Rams really were run into the ground. Its a level of incompetence only matched by the Lions.

But fortunately for the Rams, Washington bit on the wrong QB, gave them the RG3 trade, and that gave Jeff Fisher enough picks to waste that he still had something left over to draft Aaron Donald. Then the Rams benefitted from the Jaguars biting on the wrong QB (Bortles) and were able to get Ramsey who is a rare #1 CB. Lions hired the wrong coach, wasted Stafford. And boom - Rams rebuilt by taking advantage of other teams mistakes.

I don't really see that as a California 'buying people out' kinda thing, tbh. Thats just hustle.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STL Rams really were run into the ground. Its a level of incompetence only matched by the Lions.

But fortunately for the Rams, Washington bit on the wrong QB, gave them the RG3 trade, and that gave Jeff Fisher enough picks to waste that he still had something left over to draft Aaron Donald. Then the Rams benefitted from the Jaguars biting on the wrong QB (Bortles) and were able to get Ramsey who is a rare #1 CB. Lions hired the wrong coach, wasted Stafford. And boom - Rams rebuilt by taking advantage of other teams mistakes.

I don't really see that as a California 'buying people out' kinda thing, tbh. Thats just hustle.

It’s like going from tanking to FA on steroids. People also forget the LA factor. Von Miller and OBJ want to play in LA. Jalen just wanted to win and get his money. Everyone said Jalen would be a cancer. OBJ too. What these people don’t realize is how much those 2 hate to lose. Were they immature sure. But I’ll take anyone who hates to lose with passion and that kind of talent.

Lol Brady losing that game against the Saints… That dude throws a fit and everyone’s like “he a winner it’s ok”. He was a great player because he absolutely hated to lose.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s like going from tanking to FA on steroids. People also forget the LA factor. Von Miller and OBJ want to play in LA. Jalen just wanted to win and get his money. Everyone said Jalen would be a cancer. OBJ too. What these people don’t realize is how much those 2 hate to lose. Were they immature sure. But I’ll take anyone who hates to lose with passion and that kind of talent.

Lol Brady losing that game against the Saints… That dude throws a fit and everyone’s like “he a winner it’s ok”. He was a great player because he absolutely hated to lose.
Steve Spagnuolo had his four pillars. There is a reason no one is knocking on the door trying to hire him as a head coach.

OBJ situation reminds me a little of Randy Moss. You dont want OBJ on your team unless you're actually utilizing him. But you'd be stupid to not utilize him and he knows it. Now he isnt as good as Moss but he is certainly good enough.

LA being a factor to attract FAs is nice. One would think Miami would be the top destination but thats a franchise that has been spinning its tires for awhile.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impressive number of folks have voted in the poll. It seems a lot of folks are rooting for the Bengals.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rooting for winning money

Second is the Bengals. I mean how can you not root for them unless you are a Rams fan or a Bengals rival. Although knowing it would make Boomer Esiason happy does give me a little bit of pause...
I'm technically a Bengals rival...but I'm still rooting for 'em to win

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm technically a Bengals rival...but I'm still rooting for 'em to win

My buddy is a Browns fan and he’s been talking shit all week. I told him to just jump ship already and make it official. Burrow is from Ohio so it’s just a matter of time for you Brownies

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most of the country is going to pull for the Bengals. I would like to see them win. It would be so unexpected.

Not to mention, most of the country hates LA, so…

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impressive number of folks have voted in the poll. It seems a lot of folks are rooting for the Bengals.

Poll is probably 30 Browns fans lol. They ain’t cheering for Odell

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My buddy is a Browns fan and he’s been talking shit all week. I told him to just jump ship already and make it official. Burrow is from Ohio so it’s just a matter of time for you Brownies
Nobody gives a fuck about your buddy, piss off wanka

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poll is probably 30 Browns fans lol. They ain’t cheering for Odell
The 14 votes for the Rams are likely a combination of Rams and some Lions fans…40 votes for the Bengals. Shame that OP didn’t set up the poll so we could see who voted for who

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the newb Bengals fan.. Lolol. You can do it!!!
Imagine getting emotional because the majority of folks on a message board aren't rooting for your favorite team to win the Superbowl.

Cry moar, squeaky :dhd:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Skins fan I've seen the clusterfucks that can easily pop up when a team/owner/coach/whoever tries to buy a championship by bringing in the wrong players habitually and worse. Bringing in decent to good players, but not playing them to their strengths.

So no more push-back from me on if the Rams are buying a championship, but if so. They've shown that like a draft. There's a right way to go about it and a wrong way to go about it.
The key difference on the Rams and those other teams, is that they made big moves in free agency, that is too much of a gamble. Draft picks are also a gamble, most picks fail and give their teams bad contracts. Rams trying to go the safer route with trades, give them back loaded contracts than in the middle of those contracts sign them to an extension or try to give them more guaranteed money to help the cap. The Rams also have been pretty smart with drafting in the later rounds, that in line where you build your team. If the Rams were trash in drafting later rounds they wouldn't be contenders and reliant too much on starters. Not to mention it cuts the workload and time of your scouting staff if you don't need to draft the first two rounds. Everyone knows you spend too much time and effort overanalyzing the first two rounds.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key difference on the Rams and those other teams, is that they made big moves in free agency, that is too much of a gamble. Draft picks are also a gamble, most picks fail and give their teams bad contracts. Rams trying to go the safer route with trades, give them back loaded contracts than in the middle of those contracts sign them to an extension or try to give them more guaranteed money to help the cap. The Rams also have been pretty smart with drafting in the later rounds, that in line where you build your team. If the Rams were trash in drafting later rounds they wouldn't be contenders and reliant too much on starters. Not to mention it cuts the workload and time of your scouting staff if you don't need to draft the first two rounds. Everyone knows you spend too much time and effort overanalyzing the first two rounds.
Hard to argue with this. If it was untrue, the Rams wouldn’t be in the SB. The have done a good job. Now they have to seal the deal.