• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are your rooting for in the Super Bowl?

Who do you want to win?

• Bengals

Votes: 45 69.2%
  • Rams

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither, just hoping it's a good game.

Votes: 4 6.2%

• Total voters

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't it any thought until reading it here (forgot ho posted it) but it would cool to see Von Miller win a 2nd SB MVP. If so, wouldn't that make him the only defensive player to be a multiple SB MVP.
Same, I like low scoring Super Bowls. It gives a giant middle finger to the wannabe/pretend fans and annoying screaming women who know fuck all about football and just distract from the game until, "OMG score! HEHEHE DRINKS/SHOTS!" Ugh. Or guys that scream and make a giant scene for their stupid TikTok or video... it was cute when you were 10, ya dork. When Seattle won their first I just quietly nodded, gave a little fist pump, and that was it... and I haven't been to an SBOWL party since High School. Bunch of dorks there not watching the game.

All said, I love defensive slugfests. One of the reasons I hate College Football so much. I appreciate good QB play, but playing defense is generally WAY more difficult than offense (ESPECIALLY with the rules today). I appreciate good defensive players more than good offensive ones (QB excluded as it's one of if not the hardest position in all of sports).
Yep, I'm not saying I hope they play a game like the Rams/Pats round 2 did a few years, though the numbers I had picked to end each quarter were 0 and 3 so it was freakin fantabulous in that respect. But I'd be OK with a game like that. Something in the 20-17/23-17 range with the game going a quarter and a half into OT would be perfect.

Given the stupid ass numbers being put up in college these days where it seems like several games ending 48-47 is status quo every freakin week. yeah, I'm more than OK with a low scoring defensive slugfest being decided with a strip sack by Von Miller and Aaron Donald rumbling X amount of yards for the winning score.

By far though, the best games of these playoffs have been defensive gems.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't it any thought until reading it here (forgot ho posted it) but it would cool to see Von Miller win a 2nd SB MVP. If so, wouldn't that make him the only defensive player to be a multiple SB MVP.

Yep, I'm not saying I hope they play a game like the Rams/Pats round 2 did a few years, though the numbers I had picked to end each quarter were 0 and 3 so it was freakin fantabulous in that respect. But I'd be OK with a game like that. Something in the 20-17/23-17 range with the game going a quarter and a half into OT would be perfect.

Given the stupid ass numbers being put up in college these days where it seems like several games ending 48-47 is status quo every freakin week. yeah, I'm more than OK with a low scoring defensive slugfest being decided with a strip sack by Von Miller and Aaron Donald rumbling X amount of yards for the winning score.

By far though, the best games of these playoffs have been defensive gems.

If there has to be a defensive Super Bowl MVP from the Rams, prefer it to be Aaron Donald... he is the heart and soul of that defense. If Von Miller does win it, you are correct he would be first to win it a 2nd time. He would be the 2nd to win it with 2 different teams... the first is Tom Brady last year.

From my review there have been 9 Defensive Super Bowl MVPs and 1 Special Teams. Dallas 3 times had a defensive player(s) be named the Super Bowl MVP.

V Chuck Howley, LB, Dallas Two interceptions, fumble recovery
VII Jake Scott, S, Miami Two interceptions
XII Harvey Martin & Randy White, DL, Dallas Led Dallas defense that forced eight turnovers
XX Richard Dent, DE, Chicago 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles
XXX Larry Brown, CB, Dallas Two interceptions
XXXI Desmond Howard, KR, Green Bay 244 all-purpose yards, 99-yard kick return TD
XXXV Ray Lewis, LB, Baltimore Led a dominant Ravens defense
XXXVII Dexter Jackson, CB, Tampa Bay Two first-half interceptions
XLVIII Malcolm Smith, LB, Seattle INT for TD, fumble recovery, 10 tackles
50 Von Miller, LB, Denver Six tackles, 2.5 sacks, one pass defended

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta go with the no name Bengals.

This is third time the Rams have been to the Superbowl in the past 21 years and all three times they've been the favorite. The pasttwo, they got overhauled. I think these Bengals may actually be better than both of the Patriots teams than beat the Rams.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there has to be a defensive Super Bowl MVP from the Rams, prefer it to be Aaron Donald... he is the heart and soul of that defense. If Von Miller does win it, you are correct he would be first to win it a 2nd time. He would be the 2nd to win it with 2 different teams... the first is Tom Brady last year.

From my review there have been 9 Defensive Super Bowl MVPs and 1 Special Teams. Dallas 3 times had a defensive player(s) be named the Super Bowl MVP.

V Chuck Howley, LB, Dallas Two interceptions, fumble recovery
VII Jake Scott, S, Miami Two interceptions
XII Harvey Martin & Randy White, DL, Dallas Led Dallas defense that forced eight turnovers
XX Richard Dent, DE, Chicago 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles
XXX Larry Brown, CB, Dallas Two interceptions
XXXI Desmond Howard, KR, Green Bay 244 all-purpose yards, 99-yard kick return TD
XXXV Ray Lewis, LB, Baltimore Led a dominant Ravens defense
XXXVII Dexter Jackson, CB, Tampa Bay Two first-half interceptions
XLVIII Malcolm Smith, LB, Seattle INT for TD, fumble recovery, 10 tackles
50 Von Miller, LB, Denver Six tackles, 2.5 sacks, one pass defended
And Howley is the only player to be named MVP who's team lost the game, correct?

DT Manny Fernandez should've been named MVP of SB 7 imo. I read an article that claimed he made 17 tackles in that game. I can't vouch for that, but he did plays in that game including having a sack.

Multiple defensive players were more deserving than Brady was who was simply gifted the MVP in the Pats 1st SB victory. Eli wasn't gifted like Brady was when he won his 1st, but multiple defensive players were more deserving that game as well imo.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key difference on the Rams and those other teams, is that they made big moves in free agency, that is too much of a gamble. Draft picks are also a gamble, most picks fail and give their teams bad contracts. Rams trying to go the safer route with trades, give them back loaded contracts than in the middle of those contracts sign them to an extension or try to give them more guaranteed money to help the cap. The Rams also have been pretty smart with drafting in the later rounds, that in line where you build your team. If the Rams were trash in drafting later rounds they wouldn't be contenders and reliant too much on starters. Not to mention it cuts the workload and time of your scouting staff if you don't need to draft the first two rounds. Everyone knows you spend too much time and effort overanalyzing the first two rounds.

The money saved from not having 1st rounder contracts can be used to help keep those trade targets too. At some point the team needs some young stars, but with a QB in his 30s, the time to strike is now. Hopefully they can time things out to have picks available when they need to draft/trade for and start grooming a QB.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is third time the Rams have been to the Superbowl in the past 21 years and all three times they've been the favorite. The pasttwo, they got overhauled. I think these Bengals may actually be better than both of the Patriots teams than beat the Rams.

The past two were against Brady/Belichick, and both were close games. Bengals can't match that kind of leadership (and in the second one, experience) yet. This SB is so interesting, given the Taylor/McVay matchup; there really is a lot of similarity in the way these teams want to play (especially on offense).

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The money saved from not having 1st rounder contracts can be used to help keep those trade targets too. At some point the team needs some young stars, but with a QB in his 30s, the time to strike is now. Hopefully they can time things out to have picks available when they need to draft/trade for and start grooming a QB.
I pretty much agree with the timing part but when the time comes, they have to evaluate a lot better than they did with Goff. That and hope there is someone worth it.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the same way. Burrow is cocky and talks big, but he goes out and backs it up, and you find yourself hoping he succeeds. Baker Mayfield acts the same way and I just want to see him humiliated. Can't explain.
I am just curious from another teams fans on their vision of Burrow being cocky.

What has he said or done that you view as cocky? Most of the time it is other people saying things that he responds to that gives him that "cocky" label. But he doesn't go out and say anything bad about another team, or give them bulletin board material.

He had the Wink Martindale comments, but once again, he didn't say anything mind blowing or get the other team mad at him outside a game environment. He is not talking shit on the football field. He doesn't even get mad at his offensive line getting him killed, he just gets up and goes back to the huddle.

I am just curious why you see him as this, or is it because that is what national pundits say that he borderlines on this behavior that gives you this impression?

To me, confidence in himself is different than being cocky. He doesn't label himself as the best at anything. He never belittles another team, minus the one comment I guess about the Raven game where he responded to a question of, "Did you see anything different from the film against the Ravens that surprised you?" His comment was, "We all saw what happened out there on the field". This coming off Martindale throwing him shade during the week about not being someone to worry about yet.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just curious from another teams fans on their vision of Burrow being cocky.

What has he said or done that you view as cocky? Most of the time it is other people saying things that he responds to that gives him that "cocky" label. But he doesn't go out and say anything bad about another team, or give them bulletin board material.

He had the Wink Martindale comments, but once again, he didn't say anything mind blowing or get the other team mad at him outside a game environment. He is not talking shit on the football field. He doesn't even get mad at his offensive line getting him killed, he just gets up and goes back to the huddle.

I am just curious why you see him as this, or is it because that is what national pundits say that he borderlines on this behavior that gives you this impression?

To me, confidence in himself is different than being cocky. He doesn't label himself as the best at anything. He never belittles another team, minus the one comment I guess about the Raven game where he responded to a question of, "Did you see anything different from the film against the Ravens that surprised you?" His comment was, "We all saw what happened out there on the field". This coming off Martindale throwing him shade during the week about not being someone to worry about yet.

Maybe cocky isn't the best word; I don't think it's arrogance, but he's definitely confident. It's like when he was at LSU and said "this team can score 60 points a game." We all laughed, but then they went out and did it, winning a title in the process.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love the kid.
Professional arrogance is not only common in pro sports but actually necessary. Hard to be successful without feeling it.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe cocky isn't the best word; I don't think it's arrogance, but he's definitely confident. It's like when he was at LSU and said "this team can score 60 points a game." We all laughed, but then they went out and did it, winning a title in the process.
The word I do not see the media using, almost as if the word doesn't exist anymore is charisma. Joe Burrow is loaded with charisma. His personality is one that draws people in. It inspires. It is one that people get in line to follow behind. The greatest leaders of our time who had folks that followed them where full of charisma. Joe Burrow makes everyone that he talks to feel like they matter and have worth. That if you get on board, he will show you the way to overcome, succeed and get the most out of yourself. People want to throw themselves in front of a bullet to protect him (except his offensive line for some reason). hahaha

Joe Burrow has a magnetic personality that isn't boring and bland. He doesn't incite riot, but he can be himself and be confident and through his charisma, his confidence isn't seen as being brash, cocky or arrogant, because you feel he is sincere and that he isn't putting down anyone, but lifting up himself and his teammates.

That is not something you can teach anyone. It is a natural gift. Which is why you can't measure some of the most important aspects of a great player, because there is no test at the combine, or analytic you can assign to it. Leadership, charisma....it is what we now define as that "IT FACTOR", especially relating to a professional QB.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The word I do not see the media using, almost as if the word doesn't exist anymore is charisma. Joe Burrow is loaded with charisma. His personality is one that draws people in. It inspires. It is one that people get in line to follow behind. The greatest leaders of our time who had folks that followed them where full of charisma. Joe Burrow makes everyone that he talks to feel like they matter and have worth. That if you get on board, he will show you the way to overcome, succeed and get the most out of yourself. People want to throw themselves in front of a bullet to protect him (except his offensive line for some reason). hahaha

Joe Burrow has a magnetic personality that isn't boring and bland. He doesn't incite riot, but he can be himself and be confident and through his charisma, his confidence isn't seen as being brash, cocky or arrogant, because you feel he is sincere and that he isn't putting down anyone, but lifting up himself and his teammates.

That is not something you can teach anyone. It is a natural gift. Which is why you can't measure some of the most important aspects of a great player, because there is no test at the combine, or analytic you can assign to it. Leadership, charisma....it is what we now define as that "IT FACTOR", especially relating to a professional QB.
That's a pretty good description.

As I said earlier, Baker Mayfield could say the exact same things as Burrow and I'd pray for his failure. He's got the opposite of charisma: charisn'tma

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't find him brash or cocky. He comes across just fine to me. Nothing wrong with confidence.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cocky thing from me was just that little edge he rides. I honestly don't mind it at all coming from him. Kinda like Russell Wilson or Mahomes. Likeable guys can get away with it. Maybe it's not really cocky so much as just that confident edge but I can assure you that if the exact same words came from Mayfield or even Rodgers, people would be jumping on it as cocky and arrogant. Just my take, mind you.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wrong! Patriots were favored.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much agree with the timing part but when the time comes, they have to evaluate a lot better than they did with Goff. That and hope there is someone worth it.
Great news for the Rams, that all the bad contracts Gurley, Goff, etc. Cone off the books for the 2022 season.