• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where the Lakers go from here!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Outlaw we do. I like Goudelock and you may be right about Meeks. If Meeks could get better with shot selection consistency, he'd be better off the bench as a back-up player. But our backcourt woes might be right across the hall.

Since Stern was playing god and robbed of us a great player and since Chris Paul is a FA after either this year or next, re-visit the trade that should have been. Of course that would probably mean letting D12 walk but if we go the rebuild mode and we develop a guy like Sacre, then a Paul signing would nearly instantly solve our backcourt woes in a number of areas. Paul with a returning Kobe would be dynamite!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Outlaw we do. I like Goudelock and you may be right about Meeks. If Meeks could get better with shot selection consistency, he'd be better off the bench as a back-up player. But our backcourt woes might be right across the hall.

Since Stern was playing god and robbed of us a great player and since Chris Paul is a FA after either this year or next, re-visit the trade that should have been. Of course that would probably mean letting D12 walk but if we go the rebuild mode and we develop a guy like Sacre, then a Paul signing would nearly instantly solve our backcourt woes in a number of areas. Paul with a returning Kobe would be dynamite!

The Lakers don't need to go into re-build mode. Even if Dwight signs for the max deal (I believe that he will), the Lakers will have a lot of cap space after next season!! Barring any blockbuster type trades, it will be the same core group and a couple of changes on the bench.

So next year, assuming everyone can stay healthy, we would get to see what could have been for THIS season had they stayed healthy. Then, in 2015, they will have a ton of cap space and can build around Dwight!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TrojanFan12: No matter what D12 does, I'd still like to see CP3 come across the hall and put on Gold and Royal Purple. Then we could jettison some dead weight like Chris Duhon and we'd solve our lack of speed in the backcourt, inconsistency in shooting AND our D against other guards in the conference and league would significantly improve.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TrojanFan12: No matter what D12 does, I'd still like to see CP3 come across the hall and put on Gold and Royal Purple. Then we could jettison some dead weight like Chris Duhon and we'd solve our lack of speed in the backcourt, inconsistency in shooting AND our D against other guards in the conference and league would significantly improve.

Definitely agree on CP3 becoming a Laker!! Aside from getting an elite point guard it would also be a great eff you to Stern!!

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just curious Thumper. You claim to be a Laker fan. Did you even watch one game this year? If you did, how could you not notice the lack of enthusiasm, the lack of effort, the serious lack of team chemistry, the clueless coaching as to how to use the players you have and not just try to run a system? The is no cohesiveness with this team right now and that goes for the players and the coach. Lip service goes only so far. If you think that changes don't need to be made in player and coaching personel then you are as clueless as you are making yourself sound. Maybe all you have is :2cents:

Sure thing, Lancaster. :ss:

btw, this a whopper- "If you think that changes don't need to be made in player and coaching personel then you are as clueless as you are making yourself sound."

I suggested a number of possible player changes, Lancaster :ss:

I just don't whack it all day and night about Jeannie and Phil taking over. :cheer2:

btw, with the injuries- worse than ever before- the team fought to get to the 7th playoff spot going 20-8 down the stretch with key players injured. Magic and many others said they won't even make the playoffs! D'Antoni was the coach. He will be around a while so get used to it. Because Kobe wants him. Mitch wants him. Steve Nash wants him. Buss, the owner wants him.

Nobody cares if Lancaster :ss: deosn't want him.

:laugh3:

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what we KNOW going into this off-season:

1.) As soon as they are allowed to the Lakers are going to offer Dwight a 5 year $118 million contract. As soon as they are allowed to, at least a couple of other teams will offer Dwight a 4 year $88 million contract. The only question is: Which offer will he accept? The only other possible scenario is the Lakers sign Dwight to a 4 year $88 million contract and then trade him (least likely, imo).

2.) Kobe will return to the Lakers at some point. He says he will be ready on the 1st day of training camp. His 34 year old torn achilles and the doctors may disagree, but given his history, I wouldn't bet against Kobe!!

3.) Kobe will NOT be amnestied. Unless Short Buss is intent on running things the complete opposite of the way Dr. Buss did, the Lakers are not going to amnesty a first ballot hall of famer who spent his entire 17 (soon to be 18) year career with them and had a huge role in 5 championships.

4.) Kobe wants Pau on the Lakers. This tells me that the only way that Pau doesn't remain a Laker is if they can get a younger, up and coming all-star caliber player (K. Love?) and probably an expiring contract or 2 in return. Kobe being as adamant as he sounded yesterday re: Pau, indicated that Pau will not be amnestied either. Kobe also sounded very optimistic re: Pau and Dwight playing together saying "We finally got that puzzle figured out towards the end of the season".

5.) None of us will likely ever know what the real issue is between Phil and Short Buss!! Phil is an arrogant, know-it-all prick and there is no doubt in my mind that their issues are as much Phil's fault as they are Jim's. Phil also has forgotten more about coaching and managing gigantic ego's than Short Buss or any of the rest of us will ever know. The difference is: when Brown was fired and the Lakers flirted with hiring Phil, Phil appeared to be prepared to find a way to work together while Jim used the opportunity to "stick it to Phil". I mean c'mon....you couldn't give arguably the greatest coach in league history 1 weekend to think about it?!? 5 championships don't get you a weekend?!?

I agree with Tf12. (and most of his posts on this topic)

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my point is- I note several people saying they agree with Tf12 down the line.

And then in other posts- challenging me and calling me a troll or moron.

Only difference I can see- I don't do the Jeanni & Phil masturbation stories, rumors, mantra, and chanting.

Also, I'm not hatin' on the coach, which apparently is the cool kid position- Hate the coach!

If I'm a "troll" for supporting Kobe Bryant & Steve Nash on the coach they want...

Okay. Somebody's got to be a fan on the team without trying to hate everything about it.

The Lakers will have a bounce back season and finish higher that 7th. Hate if you gotta.

Is that the "new trolling"

Liking the team?

Rooting for them to do well?

That's the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm optimistic. Is that a crime? I see a bright future.

You all are unreasonably pessimistic.

Go ahead and pat yourselves on the back for being so negative.

You've earned it!

Wah! You guys cry more. Big deal.

Not my style.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my point is- I note several people saying the agree with Tf12 down the line.

And then in other posts challenging me and calling me a troll or moron.

Only difference I can see- I don't do the Jeanni & Phil masturbation stories, rumors, mantra, and chanting.

Also, I'm not hatin' on the coach, which apparently is the cool kid position- Hate the coach!

If I'm a "troll" for supporting Kobe Bryant & Steve Nash on the coach they want...

Okay. Somebody's got to be a fan on the team without trying to hate everything about it.

The Lakers will have a bounce back season and finish higher that 7th. Hate if you gotta.

I think that the issue that most have with Short Buss are a few!!

I think some of us (and I include myself in this) don't like how he stuck with Bynum when everyone and their brother knew that Bynum wasn't going to pan out!! It simply took too long for Short Buss to admit his mistake.

Also, the way he acted when Phil stepped down was inexcusable too many of us!! He basically was like the Pharoah sending Moses into exile and demanding that his likeness be stricken from every monument and his name removed from every scroll!!

Hell, I have a vision in my head of going into the Laker offices and seeing the team pictures from the 5 championship seasons with Phil's picture cut out.

Then, when he could have had B. Shaw, he goes and gets Mike Freaking Brown?!? I like Brown okay, but if he was going to be hired, it should have been as B. Shaw's assistant coach and he could concentrate on the defense.

Then, when you consider what he did to Phil, when he hired D'Antoni, it's kind of the last straw for many of us!! You also need to remember that even though Kobe was in favor of the D'Antoni hiring, he didn't know at the time that Phil was even interested in a return. It was pretty clear with his comments afterwards that even though he liked D'Antoni, he would have preferred Phil!!

So basically, the above 3 items were Short Buss's biggest decisions and he whiffed on all 3 in a way that was an embarrassment to the team and showed a pettiness and lack of class that is very "un-Lakerlike"!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey TrojanFan12. Good post. I have been chronicling these very things you've listed on a number of posts and offering alternatives that some folks don't apparently understand the connection and why they were even offered. No matter, we all know what is going on in Lakerland pretty much for sometime now.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want SHOW-TIME!

Some of you guys want SLOW-TIME.

btw, this is really contrary to the modern trend.

I'm okay with a score of 115 to 103.

But is you want a score of 76 to 69...

I suggest another team might better suit your wishes.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey TrojanFan12. Good post. I have been chronicling these very things you've listed on a number of posts and offering alternatives that some folks don't apparently understand the connection and why they were even offered. No matter, we all know what is going on in Lakerland pretty much for sometime now.

Yeah and I do understand that as Thumper says, there may be no "transfer of power" from Short Buss to Jeannie and Phil, but to act like it is an impossibility, is also a bit short-sighted in my opinion.

I think what fuels part of this is that there seem to be conflicting reports. I've heard that Jeannie is the business side and Jim is the basketball side and the final decision maker. I've heard that Jeannie is going to be taking over as the head of the franchise in the summer (from more than just Simmons and Wilbon) and I've heard that Jeannie is already in charge.

We also don't know what was in Dr. Buss's will and what provisions may gave been in it regarding running the franchise going forward.

All that we know right now is that Jim is basketball operations and has final say.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want SHOW-TIME!

Some of you guys want SLOW-TIME.

btw, this is really contrary to the modern trend.

I'm okay with a score of 115 to 103.

But is you want a score of 76 to 69...

I suggest another team might better suit your wishes.

I want championships and I couldn't care less if it were SHOW-TIME, SLOW-TIME, MIDDLE OF THE ROAD-TIME or a reincarnation of the old Bad Boy Detroit Pistons!! If it means another banner.............I'm all for it!!

Hell, the Clippers play a very exciting brand of basketball that they call "Lob City"!! They're also about to be lobbed out of the playoffs in the first round by a team that plays the style that is very similar to what the Lakers should have been playing all season!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, if Kobe loses a step- maybe he will be more comfortable being a shooting guard and letting The Steves bring the ball up and distribute. Better for Kobe- better for the team. Win-Win.

btw, Nash could be Come-Back Player of the Year. I see him and Kobe coming back STRONG. Yeah, I know they are old, but I still see it a fluke-ish.

No way- No how- Do I see D12, Pau, Kobe and The Steves being hurt and missing games like they did.

Furthermore, I do like Steve Blake and play and improvement. Hate me for that too, Cool Kids.

:bawling::nono:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, if Kobe loses a step- maybe he will be more comfortable being a shooting guard and letting The Steves bring the ball up and distribute. Better for Kobe- better for the team. Win-Win.

btw, Nash could be Come-Back Player of the Year. I see him and Kobe coming back STRONG. Yeah, I know they are old, but I still see it a fluke-ish.

No way- No how- Do I see D12, Pau, Kobe and The Steves being hurt and missing games like they did.

Furthermore, I do like Steve Blake and play and improvement. Hate me for that too, Cool Kids.

:bawling::nono:

Agree with this!! We know Kobe will come back strong and that Nash feels bad about not being available for so much of the season and does not want to end his career sitting on the bench in a suit while his team is swept out of the playoffs.

I think the injuries were a fluke too!! We've all seen teams ravaged by injuries, but I don't remember ever seeing anything like what the Lakers just went through!!

As for Blake, I've been a fan of his all along and will say that I think some of his improved play as a Laker has been because of D'Antoni!!

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now listen here, Sonny, GET OFF MY LAWN:yell: and let me tell you about Jeannie & Phil one more time... :deadhorse:

:lalala:

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with this!! We know Kobe will come back strong and that Nash feels bad about not being available for so much of the season and does not want to end his career sitting on the bench in a suit while his team is swept out of the playoffs.

I think the injuries were a fluke too!! We've all seen teams ravaged by injuries, but I don't remember ever seeing anything like what the Lakers just went through!!

As for Blake, I've been a fan of his all along and will say that I think some of his improved play as a Laker has been because of D'Antoni!!

Hell, yeah! that's what I'm talking about.

Be positive! If things go right- we just skipped a year. Nobody will be too cocky. It's been humbling but still... 4 All-Stars! And a good coach. Good GM. Solid Organization.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics roar back!

Looked like the Knicks had them. Up 3-0.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, yeah! that's what I'm talking about.

Be positive! If things go right- we just skipped a year. Nobody will be too cocky. It's been humbling but still... 4 All-Stars! And a good coach. Good GM. Solid Organization.

I'm always positive re: the Lakers. If I've learned one thing about this organization, it's that they are never down for long!!