• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where the Lakers go from here!!

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always positive re: the Lakers. If I've learned one thing about this organization, it's that they are never down for long!!

They just need a good pair of guards and they will be able to hang with the Spurs or anyone else, for that matter.

The Lakers looked totally lost without Kobe to run things.

Rolln300

"Let It Be"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want SHOW-TIME!

Some of you guys want SLOW-TIME.

btw, this is really contrary to the modern trend.

I'm okay with a score of 115 to 103.

But is you want a score of 76 to 69...

I suggest another team might better suit your wishes.

Problem with this team is they will always be on the wrong end of showtime 115 to 103. Like I said in my previous post. Lip service man, lip service. When D'ontknowi is dumped you will hear the true opinions.

Everyone would love to see that style of Basketball but you also have to play defense and need a coach that can teach it. They don't have that right now and never will with him as their coach. :clap:

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always positive re: the Lakers. If I've learned one thing about this organization, it's that they are never down for long!!

Sam Cooke

"Accentuate The Positive"

You've got to accentuate the positive
eliminate the negative
Latch on to the affirmative
But don't mess with mister in-between

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum
Bring gloom down to the minimum
have faith, a pandemonium
Libel to walk up on the scene

To illustrate my last remark
Jonah in the Whale, Noah in the ark
What did they do
just when everything looked so dark

They said we better
accentuate the positive
eliminate the negative
latch on to the affirmative
But don't mess with mister in-between

[One more Time]

To illustrate my last remark
Jonah in the whale, Noah in the ark
What did they do
just when everything looked so dark
don't mess, don't mess, don't mess
with mister in-between

[this verse twice]

:whoo:
:party:
:first:
:grouphug:
:rockon:
:thrasher:

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just need a good pair of guards and they will be able to hang with the Spurs or anyone else, for that matter.

The Lakers looked totally lost without Kobe to run things.

Genah_33;

I see your point and agree with you.

But supposedly Only Jeannie & Phil can see and know this stuff...

:wtf:

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the issue that most have with Short Buss are a few!!

I think some of us (and I include myself in this) don't like how he stuck with Bynum when everyone and their brother knew that Bynum wasn't going to pan out!! It simply took too long for Short Buss to admit his mistake.

Also, the way he acted when Phil stepped down was inexcusable too many of us!! He basically was like the Pharoah sending Moses into exile and demanding that his likeness be stricken from every monument and his name removed from every scroll!!

Hell, I have a vision in my head of going into the Laker offices and seeing the team pictures from the 5 championship seasons with Phil's picture cut out.

Then, when he could have had B. Shaw, he goes and gets Mike Freaking Brown?!? I like Brown okay, but if he was going to be hired, it should have been as B. Shaw's assistant coach and he could concentrate on the defense.

Then, when you consider what he did to Phil, when he hired D'Antoni, it's kind of the last straw for many of us!! You also need to remember that even though Kobe was in favor of the D'Antoni hiring, he didn't know at the time that Phil was even interested in a return. It was pretty clear with his comments afterwards that even though he liked D'Antoni, he would have preferred Phil!!

So basically, the above 3 items were Short Buss's biggest decisions and he whiffed on all 3 in a way that was an embarrassment to the team and showed a pettiness and lack of class that is very "un-Lakerlike"!!

Eh, nobody's perfect. Growing pains. Let's move on. There are always guys for every team that hate the owner, hate the coach, hate the star player, or QB or whomever- and it really gets to be like a cancer. They do end up rooting against the team. Cuz they gotta be right. They are like zombies to me. Changed over. They bring me down. Even attacked me for a positive point of view. On the team page! If you don't hate on the team on the team page they call it "trolling."

But they are "fans."

Sure.

btw, they are swimming upstream if you ask me. These posters who "know" so much more than the pros. Coaches, analysts, media, ex-players The posters say the pros are clueless- the guys who get PAID.

I hear James Worthy talk on tv and I agree with him.

I hear Mychal Thompson talk on the radio and I agree with him.

Those guys are morons too? Trolls?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with this team is they will always be on the wrong end of showtime 115 to 103. Like I said in my previous post. Lip service man, lip service. When D'ontknowi is dumped you will hear the true opinions.

Everyone would love to see that style of Basketball but you also have to play defense and need a coach that can teach it. They don't have that right now and never will with him as their coach. :clap:

1. We went 20-8 down the stretch to make it into the playoffs with nearly everybody hurt! Did you miss that?

2. Everybody was hurt. Did you miss that?

3. Are you a chick? :squeeze:

4. There is no need for you to be such a Drama Queen. :drama:

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you should use more smilies, Thumper.

Your current smilies usage rate is subpar.

And you should try to incorporate more douche nozzle statements with the smilies to really drive your point home, too.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, I heard Mitch Kupchak interviewed on the radio today. Fairly long interview.

The hosts said that Dwight could get the coach he wants or bolt. And Mitch laughed.

They asked if he would discuss the coaching situation with Dwight. Again Mitch laughed.

He said he would never discuss such a matter with a player. It is a management/owner decision. The hosts kept badgering him but he stuck to his guns- D'Antoni is the coach.

Another thing- they kept asking about The Olde Great King Phil. Mitch was a little bit derisive. They kept saying Why not bring Phil back??? And Mitch pretty much said that Phil was stale- past it- the game has changed. The triangle... Mitch said, "Put it this way- when Phil was coming up in coaching there were 2 or 3 3 pointers attempted per game. But it has become 20- 30 or 40 3 point attempts per game.

Sounded to me like Mitch was saying the triangle and Phil are just past it.

That's how I heard it.

Just sharing.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BRS;

Were you the guy who got all butt-hurt when Steve Blake came back from injury?

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you should use more smilies, Thumper.

Your current smilies usage rate is subpar.

And you should try to incorporate more douche nozzle statements with the smilies to really drive your point home, too.

Tells me nothing, Sunshine.

Use my quotes and point out directly how they are wrong. Don't hide behind vagueness like a coward. :bullshit:

:behindsofa:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the triangle is past it... Phil just won a title a couple years ago but the triangle is past it... Lol.

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, I heard Mitch Kupchak interviewed on the radio today. Fairly long interview.

The hosts said that Dwight could get the coach he wants or bolt. And Mitch laughed.

They asked if he would discuss the coaching situation with Dwight. Again Mitch laughed.

He said he would never discuss such a matter with a player. It is a management/owner decision. The hosts kept badgering him but he stuck to his guns- D'Antoni is the coach.

Another thing- they kept asking about The Olde Great King Phil. Mitch was a little bit derisive. They kept saying Why not bring Phil back??? And Mitch pretty much said that Phil was stale- past it- the game has changed. The triangle... Mitch said, "Put it this way- when Phil was coming up in coaching there were 2 or 3 3 pointers attempted per game. But it has become 20- 30 or 40 3 point attempts per game.

Sounded to me like Mitch was saying the triangle and Phil are just past it.

That's how I heard it.

Just sharing.

So what you're saying is that, if it came down to Howard or D'Antoni, you think the Lakers are going with D'Antoni and, even further, that you think that's a wise choice?

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the triangle is past it... Phil just won a title a couple years ago but the triangle is past it... Lol.

How many other teams use it?

Why doesn't Phil have a coaching job?

The OTHER Teams hate Phil too? :laugh3:

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is that, if it came down to Howard or D'Antoni, you think the Lakers are going with D'Antoni and, even further, that you think that's a wise choice?

1. Dwight will re-sign with the Lakers.

2. D'Antoni is the coach.

That's what I mean.

I can break it down for you this way too.

1. D'Antoni is the coach.

2. Dwight will re-sign with the Lakers.

Clear enough?

btw, D12 is athletic and can run well- it's nonsensical to say he can't play uptempo. He's not some old man center with gimpy knees but some post moves.

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thumper, you're a troll. You know it, everyone here knows it.

You constantly use troll phrases like, "Sunshine," "Wah," "Crybaby," "Old Man Phil," "Queen Jeanie," but the sinker for me was your remark about Magic's HIV/AIDS.

#3 on the ignore list, and a smily for you :third:

Rolln300

"Let It Be"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Dwight will re-sign with the Lakers.

2. D'Antoni is the coach.

That's what I mean.

I can break it down for you this way too.

1. D'Antoni is the coach.

2. Dwight will re-sign with the Lakers.

Clear enough?

btw, D12 is athletic and can run well- it's nonsensical to say he can't play uptempo. He's not some old man center with gimpy knees but some post moves.

So your telling us you work for the Lakers, you know everything that will happen and how it will all go and you know all of this because you heard it on radio and T.V.. Know I truly am laughing my ass off. Oh and no, I am not a chick. I wonder if you are though since you apparently know everything and post so many consecutive times that nobody else can get a word in.

The one thing you said that could be correct is that Dwight can play an up tempo game because he sure as hell has no clue how to play in the low post.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, Cupcake.

I'm speaking plenty about the team, basketball, X's & O's, and YOU ARE NOT.

Mere personal attacks that you in no way back up.

I'll keep supporting the team and the staff.

I'll keep watching the Laker's Channel and listening to the sports radio.

And I will keep agreeing with Mitch Kupchak, and Worthy, and Thompson, and Kobe and Nash...