• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What to make of this whole Marty rumor

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marty St.Louis is "locked" on to the Rangers, that is where he wants to be according to sources/reports. He's not interested to be trading to anywhere outside of the Rangers. If the Rangers where he wants to go, I can't see a deal happening before the deadline. I just don't think it's a fit for us trade-wise. Callahan for Marty would be a reasonable deal if Callahan was under contract with a reasonable term and salary but he's not. At the end of the day trading Marty doesn't make sense for us and I think Yzerman recognises that so I don't think Marty's going anywhere soon. I think if a deal were to happen with the Rangers it would have to happen in the summer.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marty St.Louis is "locked" on to the Rangers, that is where he wants to be according to sources/reports. He's not interested to be trading to anywhere outside of the Rangers. If the Rangers where he wants to go, I can't see a deal happening before the deadline. I just don't think it's a fit for us trade-wise. Callahan for Marty would be a reasonable deal if Callahan was under contract with a reasonable term and salary but he's not. At the end of the day trading Marty doesn't make sense for us and I think Yzerman recognises that so I don't think Marty's going anywhere soon. I think if a deal were to happen with the Rangers it would have to happen in the summer.

Gut feeling is Marty will be traded to New York after the season is over. Brad Richards had a hand in trying to get Marty to New York! I think the deal will happen at the draft too much bad blood between Marty and yzerman!

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Richards had a hand in trying to get Marty to New York!

What's your source for this bit of information? Nothing I can pull up anywhere on the Web even comes close to this. I can't even find Richards mentioned in any MSL trade rumour talk on any website. Where am I overlooking this?

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your source for this bit of information? Nothing I can pull up anywhere on the Web even comes close to this. I can't even find Richards mentioned in any MSL trade rumour talk on any website. Where am I overlooking this?

I heard on wade 620 that brad Richards worked out all summer with St. Louis to get in better shape! This was the first year Richards and St. Louis worked out together! Then a rift with yzerman started so I bet the rangers asked Richards to talk to Marty! To see if he would waive his NMc to come to New York. I really think the nhl should fine the rangers a draft pick because they have been talking to Marty using Richards.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! I figured you had to hear this on TV news or radio. I agree with you about penalty on the Rangers. If this is true, Marty was just trying to help a friend get into a workout regime like his! What a low blow this would be to not only the Bolts & their fans but to the NHL as a whole!

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, thanks Todd for that bit of info & your source. The searching online was driving me nuts.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, thanks Todd for that bit of info & your source. The searching online was driving me nuts.

Plus someone from the rangers leaked this St. Louis trade rumor! To put more pressure on yzerman and tampa. Because trust me yzerman is very private. That is the biggest thing that has really pissed yzerman off! I have never seen yzerman so mad ever! As a captain St. Louis pulled this bs which really upsets me. According to a radio show in New York ken boomer a deal will get done tampa gets Ryan Callahan a second round draft pick! That turns into a first if Callahan does not resign in tampa. Plus a right handed defenseman prospect! Rangers get Marty St. Louis.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far as I know Rick Nash St. Louis and Richards were talking ! And it was going back to sather . Yzerman gave them a list Tuesday in the defenseman he was looking for a right handed shot young defenseman. The name I heard yzerman wanted was Sami vatanen who is in the minors from the ducks! So coming to tampa Callahan 2nd round draft pick and Sami vatanen! Going to the rangers St. Louis going to the ducks something not sure. This is from what I heard from a source! From a guy I know who knows someone in sports in New York. Not sure when it gets done but he said it will. Yzerman wants vatanen and the pick because he just wants to rent Callahan this season. Unless Callahan takes a 5 year 6 million per season term from tampa.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is turning out to be quite interesting. I had read somewhere online, when looking for your Richard's involvement, that a third team may have to get involved in a trade between the Rangers & Bolts. That would definitely back up what you had just heard from your source! There goes that next statue out the door though. I was certain MSL would have a statue right alongside the Great Espie's! Looks like the Bolts will never have retired jerseys hanging from the rafters! I guess we'll never be as great as Detroit having all those banners & jerseys hanging. It would be nice but probably just a pipe dream down here! I still think if we don't consistently make the playoffs every year, Stammers won't stick around either. Just to play with Drouin isn't a reason, I don't quite think he's of the alternative lifestyle! SY is starting to resemble Michael Jackson in a way, seems he too only likes young boys (probably not in the same way MJ did).

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The really sad thing is that looking at last night's game, MSL was the only Bolt that could figure out how to put the biscuit past the net-minder. Than as usual, our young team allows the Preds back into the game, than let's them tie it up and ultimately win the game taking both points! Points the Bolts need badly. I don't know if you all have noticed but there's a lot of teams sneaking right up on the Bolts to take away the playoff spot! Only one BIG problem with youth, they've never been to playoffs & without veteran leadership they will sink! They'll think they have it all figured out but what they haven't realized is that they lack experience. The Captain scores twice & none of them learned by his example in that 60 mins. Good things happen when you shoot on net often. Did you see the SOG's for last night's game? Embarrassment! :lame:

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is turning out to be quite interesting. I had read somewhere online, when looking for your Richard's involvement, that a third team may have to get involved in a trade between the Rangers & Bolts. That would definitely back up what you had just heard from your source! There goes that next statue out the door though. I was certain MSL would have a statue right alongside the Great Espie's! Looks like the Bolts will never have retired jerseys hanging from the rafters! I guess we'll never be as great as Detroit having all those banners & jerseys hanging. It would be nice but probably just a pipe dream down here! I still think if we don't consistently make the playoffs every year, Stammers won't stick around either. Just to play with Drouin isn't a reason, I don't quite think he's of the alternative lifestyle! SY is starting to resemble Michael Jackson in a way, seems he too only likes young boys (probably not in the same way MJ did).
from what I heard the guy said! to lightning- Callahan, 2nd round draft pick! that turns into a first! if callahan does not resign in tampa and sami vatanen to rangers- Marty St.Louis! to ducks something from the rangers.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think this is Marty's last year in Tampa contract or not. He will be traded and if he is traded why not get Callahan ?. I doubt NY would give up Callahan for just Marty alone.
Wow did I nail it or what ! ......The only thing I got wrong is we got draft picks instead of giving them.