• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What SHOULD the Browns do with #12 overall?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got 2 in the first and 3 in the second. If they don't trade any of them, they should make a real haul.

They'll be young but aggressive and coachable.

Don't take a QB in the first. None of the QBs are really first round players.
trade back and get another 2nd and third and load

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they SHOULD Do and what they WILL DO are two completely different things

Maybe they'll make another movie

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a Deep Draft with no Elite Prospects after the #1 overall pick. Trading Down will not be an Option for most if not all teams.
No elite prospects?

Heck, there are barely 10 draftable oline prospects. Someone will trade up for ol

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Mahomes. Make a big boy pick and go for the QB with the most upside.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a Deep Draft with no Elite Prospects after the #1 overall pick. Trading Down will not be an Option for most if not all teams.

I would disagree with this. To me Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marshon Lattimore all have top-5 talent at their position potential. Leonard Fournette could become a top-5 RB day 1 depending what team he goes to.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty widely accepted and assumed that the Browns will go with Myles Garrett #1 overall and will not be trading out of that spot.

The curiosity comes in at #12 overall. Most mock drafts have them taking either Watson or Trubisky in that spot depending on which one is available. For this little scenario, lets assume they both are as are all the other QBs in the draft. Lets also assume OJ Howard is available since I see some mocks with the Browns taking him at 12.

1 - Which of the 3 is your guy if you had to choose?

2 - How much in draft capital would you send to New England if they offered Jimmy G?

3 - Who is your surprise pick that if that person fell to #12, throw the rest of the plan out the window and take him?

4 - Would you be willing to move up in the draft from #12?

1. Personally, I think I'm coming around to the idea of taking Howard at #12. I don't think either QB is worthy of that #12 spot and Howard projects to be a freak playmaker and difference maker.

2. I would be willing to part with #12 overall straight up or some package of #12 and either a later round pick this year or maybe even an early round next year. I wouldn't budge for more than that.

3. If either Jonathan Allen or Leonard Fournette fell to #12, I'd throw things out the window and grab them.

4. If I'm the Browns, I'm not moving up to take anyone from #12 and I might even entertain the possibility of trading down to acquire more picks if Howard is off the board and I think the QBs will still be available later.

Sell the team. It's their only hope.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they SHOULD Do and what they WILL DO are two completely different things

Maybe they'll make another movie

lol MONEYBALL

I've really liked the front office's moves so far. If nothing else, they are the most interesting team in the offseason. The future will tell how it pans out.

It's pretty apparent that the organization is placing a premium on draft capital. They seem fairly set in that mindset and think that's the best way to build a long term competitive franchise. It'll be interesting to see if they use those picks on players, trade them for proven commodities, or trade them to accumulate more draft capital. It's anyone's guess at the moment.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No elite prospects?

Heck, there are barely 10 draftable oline prospects. Someone will trade up for ol

Trading down is ALWAYS an option. There will be some player coveted by multiple teams and there will be a race to get in front of the line to take him. Happens every year to some degree. Doubtful we see the massive trades like we did last year, but entirely possible someone trades up to move up 4-5 spots and gives away a 3rd or future 2nd in the process.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've really liked the front office's moves so far. If nothing else, they are the most interesting team in the offseason. The future will tell how it pans out.

It's pretty apparent that the organization is placing a premium on draft capital. They seem fairly set in that mindset and think that's the best way to build a long term competitive franchise. It'll be interesting to see if they use those picks on players, trade them for proven commodities, or trade them to accumulate more draft capital. It's anyone's guess at the moment.

I've liked what they have done as well. The OL looks much improved and a unit you can build around. The move last year to get a guy like Jamie Collins who could become a center piece of that defense for only a 3rd round pick was impressive.

Not a huge fan of the Britt signing but they have some money to burn so even overpaying for him isn't a huge deal.

And of course yes all the draft capital they have to add in what many consider one of the deepest drafts in recent history should set them up nicely.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've liked what they have done as well. The OL looks much improved and a unit you can build around. The move last year to get a guy like Jamie Collins who could become a center piece of that defense for only a 3rd round pick was impressive.

Not a huge fan of the Britt signing but they have some money to burn so even overpaying for him isn't a huge deal.

And of course yes all the draft capital they have to add in what many consider one of the deepest drafts in recent history should set them up nicely.

I didn't mind the Britt signing. I liked Pryor more because I think he has more upside potential, but he's brand new to the position and Britt is a fairly well established commodity. I do think they probably need to add another piece to their wr/te unit to make it more dynamic though (maybe OJ Howard is that guy, who knows).

As long as they stick to their guns and don't reach for a QB, they should be set up well.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mind the Britt signing. I liked Pryor more because I think he has more upside potential, but he's brand new to the position and Britt is a fairly well established commodity. I do think they probably need to add another piece to their wr/te unit to make it more dynamic though (maybe OJ Howard is that guy, who knows).

As long as they stick to their guns and don't reach for a QB, they should be set up well.

Any of these QB's in this draft that you like? I'm a Trubisky fan at the moment. Shows some high upside and one of the few that I actually watched him go through progressions and find the open man. Might need a year of course but give him some weapons and I think he could do well with Hue at the helm.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of these QB's in this draft that you like? I'm a Trubisky fan at the moment. Shows some high upside and one of the few that I actually watched him go through progressions and find the open man. Might need a year of course but give him some weapons and I think he could do well with Hue at the helm.

I don't know if I like any of them for the #12 overall pick. They all have their flaws. I like Watson more than Trubisky...just seems to have that "it" factor and is apparently an excellent leader. He could probably come in and be a decent starter right away. Trubisky might have the higher upside though. I wouldn't mind either of them but I think Howard will be the better pro. Now, if they could somehow swing Garrett, Howard, and either of those QBs with the #33 overall (or by trading up slightly back into the late first), that would be a real homerun draft.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I like any of them for the #12 overall pick. They all have their flaws. I like Watson more than Trubisky...just seems to have that "it" factor and is apparently an excellent leader. He could probably come in and be a decent starter right away. Trubisky might have the higher upside though. I wouldn't mind either of them but I think Howard will be the better pro. Now, if they could somehow swing Garrett, Howard, and either of those QBs with the #33 overall (or by trading up slightly back into the late first), that would be a real homerun draft.

Agreed. That would be a home run draft and they are the one team with the firepower to make that happen. I would not be shocked if they end up with 3 1st round picks in this draft. How they do here in a few weeks could decide the future of the franchise for the next 10-15 years. Exciting time to be a Browns fan.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Browns going TE at 12. Barnidge is pretty good and thats not something you can say about many Browns players. Obviously Howard is good enough to pick at 12 but they'd have to start running on the outside for a change for it to pay off. Not 100% convinced that OJ Howard is a lock to be a pass catching dynamo. He probably will be if developed but maybe not on the Browns.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Browns going TE at 12. Barnidge is pretty good and thats not something you can say about many Browns players. Obviously Howard is good enough to pick at 12 but they'd have to start running on the outside for a change for it to pay off. Not 100% convinced that OJ Howard is a lock to be a pass catching dynamo. He probably will be if developed but maybe not on the Browns.

with his size and his speed (i think he ran a 4.5 at the combine) he's a dynamic threat that would be a giant mismatch to cover.

They could always run 2-TE sets with him and Barnidge or use one in the slot instead of going 4-wide since their WR core isn't that dynamic.

I'm always a fan of drafting BPA, even if you're "set" at that particular position.