• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wendell Williams 4.19 40 at a NFL regional combine

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The apple doesn't fall that far from the tree. He signs with Oak or Dal in the 6th or 7th. Becomes a non-factor in the NFL.
I kind of wish BB would take a late 6 or 7 round pick on him. Tired of seeing Edelman, Amendola... returning kicks. Wish they could find a kid like this and have him play ST only like Slater.
If he's available at Dallas last pick, I'm good with taking him as a kick returner. Not for punt returns though, he'd be broken in half early in his career.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hand timed, apparently the NFL can't afford to to furnish their official regional combines with electronic timing equipment :tsk:

Yeah, it's always that way. If I had a nickel every time some player shaved 2 tenths off his electronically timed 40 at the combine on a perfect track at his hand timed pro-day I'd have a shitload of nickels.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong, but the last guy I remember running himself into the NFL with a 40 time from a school nobody heard of was Darrell Green. Things worked out OK for him.

And all that I wish Al Davis was still around to make crazy picks talk. That was old and senile Al. He had an eye for talent back in Oakland's heyday.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong, but the last guy I remember running himself into the NFL with a 40 time from a school nobody heard of was Darrell Green. Things worked out OK for him.

And all that I wish Al Davis was still around to make crazy picks talk. That was old and senile Al. He had an eye for talent back in Oakland's heyday.

Darrell Green was a 2 time division II all american in football in college (1st team his senior year, and conference MVP). And he played for a smaller college sure, but they've put out dozens of NFL players (including John Randle, Gene Upshaw, Al Harris). He was a top prospect as a player. Sure he had elite speed, but everyone already knew that. He was one of the best players on defense in college football.

If I had to think of someone along this line, I'd call Trindon Holliday a closer fit. Sure, big school but was that 3rd or 4th string back who had speed on ST's. Williams at Cumberlands got a whopping 22 offensive touches this past season. Great return ability there, but that appears to be it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Key being last guy YOU REMEMBER because it isn't happening with this guy and doesn't happen with most of the others that go through the same thing every offseason. Just said today on Cowboy board I don't understand so many fans infatuation with 40 times. He's fast, who cares? Is he an NFL Football player? Funny part is this guy is going to start being all over the stupid mock drafts for a month and when all is said and done, none of us will ever hear of him again...