• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weber!!! 14yr/100mill offer sheet??!! Phucking Fabulous!! (and related threads)

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here is what I got.

First of all, this is not as simple as Poile going "LOL Da fuck is this shit?" and matching. Can Nashville pay a guy 26mil in one year who will be miserable there,n requests a trade in a year, and also risk paying that money with the possibility of lost revenue from a shortened season/lockout?

Homer and Poile's relationship is great. These guys are tighter than pretzel twists. Theyve been talking trade for a bit. Homer wouldnt have dont this out of the blue. Poile knew it was coming. My theory is that Poile was planning and losing Weber, and was cool with getting our 4 first rounders. Homer wouldnt want a trade though, as it still is unsigned Weber. Now both sides are happy. This is the Nashville franchise that loves the draft, and builds through it.

Welcome to Hell Week, boys. The clock is ticking.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Weber would be unhappy in Nashville. I don't think he would've signed this unless he was fine with playing in either Nashville or Philly. If we could get him for only four 1st rounders that would be awesome but I don't know if that will happen. I'm just really hoping that Homer front-loaded this so much that Nashville just can't afford to match no matter how bad they want to.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really sure what to think of this, but remember this season both Suter and Weber said they wanted to play for a franchise taking strides towards winning a cup. Maybe he feel Nashville is no longer doing that.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really sure what to think of this, but remember this season both Suter and Weber said they wanted to play for a franchise taking strides towards winning a cup. Maybe he feel Nashville is no longer doing that.

They continually fall short, and Suter has sailed. No doubt he wants to leave Nashville I think.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Weber is a $7.18 hit they could not sign Jake for more than $2.4 and that includes waiving Shelley and Lilja. When Prongers number (once the season starts) comes off they will still have decent space but until then it will be very tight. I thought they could go over the cap by a certain %. Does anyone know that rule? If so, cut Shelley and Lilja and sign Jake at $3 mill per year for 2 years. Kimmo off the books next year so G can be extended. We still have over $4 mill in space and team looks like

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn Briere-Simmonds
Read-Couturier- Wellwood
Rinaldo-Talbot-Fedotenko

Weber-Timonen
Coburn-Grossmann
Scnenn-Meszaros
Gervais/Bourdon/Gustaffson/ Manning (I think they love this kid)

Bryz-Leighton

The lines can be mixed and matched but I would still want another wing that can score.They would have the money at the trade deadline this year to make a trade if needed.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First of all, this is not as simple as Poile going "LOL Da fuck is this shit?" and matching. Can Nashville pay a guy 26mil in one year who will be miserable there,n requests a trade in a year, and also risk paying that money with the possibility of lost revenue from a shortened season/lockout?

Homer and Poile's relationship is great. These guys are tighter than pretzel twists. Theyve been talking trade for a bit. Homer wouldnt have dont this out of the blue. Poile knew it was coming. My theory is that Poile was planning and losing Weber, and was cool with getting our 4 first rounders. Homer wouldnt want a trade though, as it still is unsigned Weber. Now both sides are happy. This is the Nashville franchise that loves the draft, and builds through it.

Apparently Homer go ttired of waiting for an answer on trade proposals so he forced their hand.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lots to digest but totally agree. Lots of scenarios blocking the rags could be one which I totally agree with...adding to this maybe Homer did this to help Poile sign Weber to a deal that he'd take and be happy with? The owner was obviously stalling so it could be a wake up call. Poile probably told Homer if the f'er doesn't match thanks for trying and he's your prize for the agravation...haha! Either way I love it its too bad they couldn't have just traded JVR and Carle to the preds for him then locked him up.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots to digest but totally agree. Lots of scenarios blocking the rags could be one which I totally agree with...adding to this maybe Homer did this to help Poile sign Weber to a deal that he'd take and be happy with? The owner was obviously stalling so it could be a wake up call. Poile probably told Homer if the f'er doesn't match thanks for trying and he's your prize for the agravation...haha! Either way I love it its too bad they couldn't have just traded JVR and Carle to the preds for him then locked him up.

i think if that were strictly the case, it wouldn't be so heavy up front.. i think homer making it so expensive in the first couple years (27 mil by july 1st, 2013) was set up so that the preds couldn't afford it

also, i think chy asked this, they're allowed to go 10% over the cap in the summer

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think if that were strictly the case, it wouldn't be so heavy up front.. i think homer making it so expensive in the first couple years (27 mil by july 1st, 2013) was set up so that the preds couldn't afford it

also, i think chy asked this, they're allowed to go 10% over the cap in the summer

In that case we could get Weber and sign Jake. This all sounds too good to be true.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that case we could get Weber and sign Jake. This all sounds too good to be true.

preds can still match.. easy as putting pen to paper

the only thing that makes me think there's a chance is that they haven't matched yet.. if they had the money, poile would be a fool not to match right away

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
preds can still match.. easy as putting pen to paper

the only thing that makes me think there's a chance is that they haven't matched yet.. if they had the money, poile would be a fool not to match right away

Poile will be spending the next week pleading his case to the owners. I hope they say no.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on Broad St Hockey:

Here's Homer and Weber...

x5nl92_medium.gif

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poile will be spending the next week pleading his case to the owners. I hope they say no.

they cant afford to let weber walk for just draft picks.. and they cant afford to sign him.. the only thing that makes sense for nashville in my mind is to exchange some of that compensation for NHL players.. and unfortunately i think its probably going to take couturier.. i dont think the flyers will trade the schenns, brayden supposedly has a bigger upside, and they just traded for luke.. i think its going to be a painful trade to be honest..

coburn+couturier and two 1sts

or

schenn+schenn and two 1sts

both of which would eat me up inside.. BUT.. it is shea weber.. and if they add weber to the fold, they wouldn't be able to afford schenn, couturier, and giroux in a couple years anyway

that's the only way nashville can make out OK in this (assuming the finances are a struggle for them).. they basically go from stanley cup contenders to on the way back up on the rebuild.. skipping all the pain and suffering that comes from having a couple down seasons

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing going in the Flyers favor is the $$$ part.

Nashville doesn't exactly generate the same $$$ from gate revenues,tv deals,etc..like the Flyers,Rags,etc...

Thankfully, the Preds have been a good trade partner in the past,and this might work out for both sides benefit.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they cant afford to let weber walk for just draft picks.. and they cant afford to sign him.. the only thing that makes sense for nashville in my mind is to exchange some of that compensation for NHL players.. and unfortunately i think its probably going to take couturier.. i dont think the flyers will trade the schenns, brayden supposedly has a bigger upside, and they just traded for luke.. i think its going to be a painful trade to be honest..

coburn+couturier and two 1sts

or

schenn+schenn and two 1sts

both of which would eat me up inside.. BUT.. it is shea weber.. and if they add weber to the fold, they wouldn't be able to afford schenn, couturier, and giroux in a couple years anyway

that's the only way nashville can make out OK in this (assuming the finances are a struggle for them).. they basically go from stanley cup contenders to on the way back up on the rebuild.. skipping all the pain and suffering that comes from having a couple down seasons

I hope and dont think it will be that much. Remember we got the rights to Kimmo and Hartnell for a 1st. Very different situation, but i don't see Homer giving too much. I could see a deal with the rights to Jake but I don't see Couturier going. I really hope I am right but you do have to give to get.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see you posting!!!

Thanks man! I typically don't post all that much during the summer but I try to pop in every now and again...especially when there is Flyers news happening.