• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We Need Batum!

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we could trade Portland all of our picks, plus Wright for Batum? I'd take Batum over any sf in this strong draft. He'd fit perfectly into what we're trying to do. I haven't ever noticed any weaknesses in him.

Does anyone have any thoughts on him?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way Portland does that deal. He's a restricted FA and we don't have nearly enough assets or money to pry him away in a sign and trade. Portland is going to try and build around him and Aldridge along with their upcoming lottery pick they got from the Wallace deal.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's no way Portland does that deal. He's a restricted FA and we don't have nearly enough assets or money to pry him away in a sign and trade. Portland is going to try and build around him and Aldridge along with their upcoming lottery pick they got from the Wallace deal.

What CitySushi said.

I would absolutely love to see Batum in a Warriors uniform, but I don't see any combination of players or picks that the Warriors would agree to deal that would convince the Blazers to give him up in a trade.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I would revisit this now that he's a restricted free agent. He's better than any 3 we could draft (MKG included). Is there anyone that see's this as a bad idea, and why? I don't think it would cost as much as he could be worth, it seems that he never really found his role in Portland. His style of play is needed here.

Nicolas Batum highlights Mix 2011 [LYTWEN] - YouTube
Nicholas Batum top blocks - YouTube
Nicolas Batum big block on LeBron James (January 9, 2011) - YouTube
Nicolas Batum blocks Kobe Bryant - YouTube
Nicolas Batum Blocks Dwyane Wade Real Hard - YouTube

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is there anyone that see's this as a bad idea, and why?

Yes. Portland's incoming GM, and he's all that counts. Just as much as we may want to build around him, they do as well. That's a big part of the reason they traded Wallace. (Well, that and the fact that they got the good end of the trade....)