• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Way too early 2019 NFL Power Rankings

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it has been quite a while since a team NOT named the Patriots has lost a CCG or the SB and then made it past the divisional round of the playoffs the next season .... i think the last one was the 2013 49ers

The top 3 teams in these rankings I wouldn't even favor to get back to their CCG's IMO.......

next year's CCG's will probably be the Patriots and then 3 other teams you wouldn't even guess right now ........

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think the Cowboys win it, and Philly finishes second. Also, depending on when they play the Giants, they could very well have a healthy Wentz. He faced them twice this year and Philly won both games, with Wentz averaging ~72% completions with 4 TDs and 0 INTs.
Predicting the NFC East to stay the same is foolish. NFC East is in a constant state of flux.

I do think there is a possibility that the Giants actually finish 4th, though. They might just do a full rebuild next year. Its hard to say.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
There's a thread about Julian Edelman being a HOFer with 7 pages and another thread about the SB being a conspiracy based on the ages of the coaches. This thread is fine. If it's not of interest to you, you're free to move on.
And you are more than welcome to ignore my posts

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predicting the NFC East to stay the same is foolish. NFC East is in a constant state of flux.

I do think there is a possibility that the Giants actually finish 4th, though. They might just do a full rebuild next year. Its hard to say.
If they're able to draft Haskins, it's hard to saw how they'll finish. Will they stick with Eli or feel pressured to get Haskins out there? The future is bright with them, no doubt, but they still have some work to do.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next year's CCG's will probably be the Patriots and then 3 other teams you wouldn't even guess right now ........
The NFL is THAT unpredictable. In the first power rankings from last year, Rams were #4 and Saints were #6.

If Brady is still there then I'd guess itll be Pats, 2 of the other favorites and 1 team you wouldn't even guess right now.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is THAT unpredictable. In the first power rankings from last year, Rams were #4 and Saints were #6.

If Brady is still there then I'd guess itll be Pats, 2 of the other favorites and 1 team you wouldn't even guess right now.

yep, it's a crapshoot with all the teams except the Patriots.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pats vs Browns
Giants vs 49ers

:suds:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All by himself?

They wouldn't have even needed OT if not for his shitty play. Again, game was over until they threw the late flag on Dee Ford, and that was all on Brady. Acting like he was the reason they won the SB is just short-sighted.

You're being intentionally dense. Since when do we not give a QB credit for a series of clutch throws because somebody caught the ball for him? lol

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're being intentionally dense. Since when do we not give a QB credit for a series of clutch throws because somebody caught the ball for him? lol
To be fair, that first 3rd down completion to Gronk was a crap throw that Gronk made a fantastic adjustment on, but the other two were darts, no doubt. That said, overall, it wasn't a strong game for Brady. Nor was the SB. I don't know any two-game stretch any QB has ever had with 1 TD to 3 INTs where people said he won the games for them.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their best pass rusher and their only other receiver are about to walk via free agency
I think they will work out something for Lawrence. They have a pretty good cap situation. They do have to ink Cooper and will probably extend Dak tho. As for Beasley, I don't see it as too big of a deal either. Lots of receivers can be had in later draft rounds.
Seattle has the same problem with Frank Clark. Hopefully they can work something out and get some depth in the draft. I just see the Dallas roster a step ahead of Seattle overall.
As for the Eagles, time will tell. Howie has to do a bunch of shuffling the deck to make things work. Things could work out for you guys but it isn't gonna be easy. Some guys getting older, running game still a question mark, signing FA's out of the equation, gotta hope for a good draft.

I just think Dallas is in a slightly better position then those two.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for all we know the Browns, Giants and Niners will be competing for the top pick.
:slaphappy:

I honestly don't even remember the last time I went into a season feeling supremely confident we won't have the #1 pick, but who the hell knows.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:slaphappy:

I honestly don't even remember the last time I went into a season feeling supremely confident we won't have the #1 pick, but who the hell knows.
I suspect you guys are commonly going to be seen as the 5th-8th best AFC team entering next season. Its fairly uncharted territory.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Steelers and Bears too high (though I could see Chicago being 6, I just think they'll have a letdown). Too low? I'd say Carolina and Atlanta