• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors Vs Grizzlies

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tzill - I'm in the majority that I believe David Lee is terrible on defense. That being said last night was one of the games he's tried the hardest and he was effective for the most part. Zach Randolph finished the game under .500 shooting, with the team electing to NEVER double team him the entire game. Lee was on an island with him the entire game and was very physical with him the entire time. Not one of his shots would I have considered "easy". If Lee put forth the effort he showed last night towards Randolph on a nightly basis, I would be completely content with that.

Lee's short comings come from 2 things: Physical attributes and lack of effort. Last night, there was certainly no lack of effort. My entire gripe with the guy is that most nights he just tries to outproduce whoever he is guarding on the offensive end. Last night he seemed to be battling the entire time. What also doesn't show up on the stat sheet was his early work to prevent Randolph from getting the ball. They tried to give it to him on every possession.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tzill - I'm in the majority that I believe David Lee is terrible on defense. That being said last night was one of the games he's tried the hardest and he was effective for the most part. Zach Randolph finished the game under .500 shooting, with the team electing to NEVER double team him the entire game. Lee was on an island with him the entire game and was very physical with him the entire time. Not one of his shots would I have considered "easy". If Lee put forth the effort he showed last night towards Randolph on a nightly basis, I would be completely content with that.

Lee's short comings come from 2 things: Physical attributes and lack of effort. Last night, there was certainly no lack of effort. My entire gripe with the guy is that most nights he just tries to outproduce whoever he is guarding on the offensive end. Last night he seemed to be battling the entire time. What also doesn't show up on the stat sheet was his early work to prevent Randolph from getting the ball. They tried to give it to him on every possession.

Exactly my thoughts. Every basket was not easy for randolph. He's just a beast overall. Memphis is not my concern San Antonio is

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I look up this morning, the sky is still intact. As frustrating as this loss was, consider the following:

No Curry and no trustworthy understudy. That's why Iggy had to fill in, but he ain't a point guard, and he certainly ain't Steph.

Iggy left his shot in the locker room last night.

Randolph and Gasol are the best front court tandem in basketball.

It was kind of like the first Duran/Leonard fight. The fleet footed Sugar Ray decided to stand toe to toe with the Manos de Piadra and almost won. The Warriors got to play their first real playoff style game of the season during last night's grinder, and they came up just short. They have 70 games left to make adjustments and perhaps an acquisition or two.

Strange as it sounds, I'm more confident of the Warriors ability to compete against premier teams in the playoffs now than I was going into last night's game.

Dennis stop it with the common sense, you know folks on most boards can't understsand that :laugh3:

OT: Hudson 23 million guaranteed for 2 years? Ugh. :L

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennis stop it with the common sense, you know folks on most boards can't understsand that :laugh3:

OT: Hudson 23 million guaranteed for 2 years? Ugh. :L
But heck Lee, it ain't our dough. Anyway, Hudson is a stud, and that's just the going rate these days for quality starting pitching.

Go G's, Dubs, Niners, and, of course, The Arsenal!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lee made tweezil cry when he wouldn't give him an autograph and tweezil has never forgotten it. Thus the constant BS about Lee.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I look up this morning, the sky is still intact. As frustrating as this loss was, consider the following:

No Curry and no trustworthy understudy. That's why Iggy had to fill in, but he ain't a point guard, and he certainly ain't Steph.

Iggy left his shot in the locker room last night.

Randolph and Gasol are the best front court tandem in basketball.

It was kind of like the first Duran/Leonard fight. The fleet footed Sugar Ray decided to stand toe to toe with the Manos de Piadra and almost won. The Warriors got to play their first real playoff style game of the season during last night's grinder, and they came up just short. They have 70 games left to make adjustments and perhaps an acquisition or two.

Strange as it sounds, I'm more confident of the Warriors ability to compete against premier teams in the playoffs now than I was going into last night's game

+1, although you stole the Sugar Ray/Duran comparison from FSNBA. ;)

The Warriors looked legit last night against a team they do not match up well against. Would they have beat them with Steph? I'd like to think so. Either way, the fact that they showed they can bang with a bruiser team like Memphis makes me optimistic about the future.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok maybe 5th because rockets aren't that great

I put the Thunder, Spurs, and Clips a hair in front of the other elite teams. After that, there are three teams (barring injury) that will likely finish with very similar win totals: Warriors, Rockets and Griz. You then have teams like Dallas and Portland, both off to excellent starts.

The West, once again, is stacked. I'm thrilled with the Warrior team so far. But it's going to be tough to pad the win total in the west when so few teams are pushovers.

Last point: The Griz have won four in a row, including two on the road against the Clips and Ws. They are for real. (although how in the hell did they lose at home against Toronto?)

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put the Thunder, Spurs, and Clips a hair in front of the other elite teams. After that, there are three teams (barring injury) that will likely finish with very similar win totals: Warriors, Rockets and Griz. You then have teams like Dallas and Portland, both off to excellent starts.

The West, once again, is stacked. I'm thrilled with the Warrior team so far. But it's going to be tough to pad the win total in the west when so few teams are pushovers.

Last point: The Griz have won four in a row, including two on the road against the Clips and Ws. They are for real. (although how in the hell did they lose at home against Toronto?)

Right now my standings I think will be this

Spurs
Thunder
Warriors
Clippers
Grizzlies
Rockets
Portland
Mavs

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My standings I think

Spurs
Thunder
Warriors
Clippers
Grizzlies
Rockets
Blazers
Dallas

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Warriors looked legit last night against a team they do not match up well against. Would they have beat them with Steph? I'd like to think so. Either way, the fact that they showed they can bang with a bruiser team like Memphis makes me optimistic about the future.

Yeah I'm feeling real good about this team. Being a top 3 seed

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dubbs are 1 - 4 against the elite teams of the West and still lost after holding Memphis to 38% shooting. Those extra chances, the FT's, and points off turnovers is what cost the Dubbs the game. I guess you have to ask yourself: would you sacrifice some games in the regular season to stay healthy in the postseason or would you rather try to win some of these games no matter what for positioning. There were definite positives in last night's game, but with 11 losses in consecutive fashion, the Warriors do not match up well with Memphis. Gasol has to be one of the top 2 or 3 centers in the game, and Z bo knows how to score. Kinda surprised the Warriors didn't double Z bo when he had the ball. I don't even think he had 1 assist last night and unlike Gasol, he is not deft in passing.

The Warriors finishing as a 3 seed is a probability, and probably their ceiling, but more than likely this team will finish anywhere from 4 - 6. The bench really irritates me right now albeit the injuries to O'Neal, Douglas, and now Kuzmic effects this team. The starting 5 is pretty solid and Barnes should finish as one of the top 6th men in the league, but after that, what happens? I really think the Warriors could use another facilitator on this team, probably another PG. I know some of you have been saying that (Chuck for example), but last night that idea came to fruition.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing though is that Allen also didn't play for Memphis. He's not someone who can fill up a stat sheet, but would Klay have scored those many points had Allen played off him?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yoshi I know you're skeptical but I need more of a sample size to determine if they aren't capable of beating elite teams. To me 2nd seed is the ceiling but more likely a 3-5 seed IMP

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me when they have had to face these elite teams. They aren't playing with everyone or they are on a back to back when the starters played a lot of min the day before

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd agree that his effort (especially in the first half) was pretty good. Not in the second; he wore down and got beaten like a drum. I'm not a big fan of the plus/minus stat but last night Avi's was telling.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But heck Lee, it ain't our dough. Anyway, Hudson is a stud, and that's just the going rate these days for quality starting pitching.

Go G's, Dubs, Niners, and, of course, The Arsenal!

I think there's an excellent chance Huddy is going to be a bargain before it's all said and done. Timmy? 50/50 he lives up to that 2/35 contract. Now bring me Ryan Braun!

:kev:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they swept the State on this road trip with wins over the Fakkers and Queens.