• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

trades... cause I'm bored

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you add Pronger back into this lineup do you think they'd suck? Probably have easily made the playoffs last year I tell you that. So the question is that Homers fault? Not like Prongers fall off trees.

Yes its Homers fault

Trading Bobs
Signing Ilya to that monster deal
Not bringing back Jagr,Jvr,Briere have killed the depth upfront

Keeping this glut of d-men without dealing one to get a kid up and give us options

Drafting a tough guy in the 3rd round
Having Rosehill,Hall and Rinaldo all in the same lineup

Not addressing the coaching issue in the offseason

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes its Homers fault --> disagree.

Trading Bobs --> Everybody and there mother wanted this done, plus mason is clearly not the problem right now

Signing Ilya to that monster deal --> Sinder's directive

Not bringing back Jagr,Jvr,Briere have killed the depth upfront --> Jagr was old and washed up when he left, he was useless in the second half.. JvR is the same inconsistent player he was when he played for the flyers, trading him for the equivalent player on defense in schenn was the right move, Briere for Lecavalier is an upgrade if anything

Keeping this glut of d-men without dealing one to get a kid up and give us options --> which kid do you want up other than gustafsson? alt, maybe, other than that, if you have the proven vets, you might as well use em

Drafting a tough guy in the 3rd round --> bat shit retarded. given.

Having Rosehill,Hall and Rinaldo all in the same lineup --> i'd blame the coaches more than the gm for that

Not addressing the coaching issue in the offseason --> his one major mistake IMO

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes its Homers fault --> disagree.

Trading Bobs --> Everybody and there mother wanted this done, plus mason is clearly not the problem right now

Signing Ilya to that monster deal --> Sinder's directive

Not bringing back Jagr,Jvr,Briere have killed the depth upfront --> Jagr was old and washed up when he left, he was useless in the second half.. JvR is the same inconsistent player he was when he played for the flyers, trading him for the equivalent player on defense in schenn was the right move, Briere for Lecavalier is an upgrade if anything

Keeping this glut of d-men without dealing one to get a kid up and give us options --> which kid do you want up other than gustafsson? alt, maybe, other than that, if you have the proven vets, you might as well use em

Drafting a tough guy in the 3rd round --> bat shit retarded. given.

Having Rosehill,Hall and Rinaldo all in the same lineup --> i'd blame the coaches more than the gm for that

Not addressing the coaching issue in the offseason --> his one major mistake IMO

Rinaldo,hall rosehill line is all about Homer. Only guys the coach has an option to put out there
This team hasnt been the same nor has Giroux or Coots sint Jagr left. He was great on the ice and in the dressing room, He played well deep into the playoffs for the Bruins last year

Is like to have seen one of Coburn or Mez dealt before the season and had Oscar up. The kid played well last year

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jagr was a shell of himself with Philly in the play-offs. I think it was a good move not to re-sign him for the money he got in Dallas. He may have looked good in the play-offs last year, but it was 1/2 a season.

EVERYONE wanted Briere gone. His cap hit didn't come close to his production. Vinnie is a clear upgrade imo.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jagr was a shell of himself with Philly in the play-offs. I think it was a good move not to re-sign him for the money he got in Dallas. He may have looked good in the play-offs last year, but it was 1/2 a season.

EVERYONE wanted Briere gone. His cap hit didn't come close to his production. Vinnie is a clear upgrade imo.

SO resign Jagr and manage his minutes

Giroux and him were magic together. My point is you let him go as well as JVR that off season and cross your fingers that Shenn and Coots will take the next step.

Coots is fucking lost out there and Shenn is starting to get better.

Like I said then and Ill say now this team was scary because of its depth up front. Now we have shit

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rinaldo,hall rosehill line is all about Homer. Only guys the coach has an option to put out there
This team hasnt been the same nor has Giroux or Coots sint Jagr left. He was great on the ice and in the dressing room, He played well deep into the playoffs for the Bruins last year

Is like to have seen one of Coburn or Mez dealt before the season and had Oscar up. The kid played well last year

only reason i say that's on the coaches is because they should've had raffl or mcginn or both up to start the season.. there's no reason not to, they have been perfectly fine, and signifanctly better than rinaldo hall or rosehill

jagr played 22 playoff games for the bruins last year, 0 goals. 10 assists are nice, but not great. the flyers didn't need jagr at the 4.5mil tag the stars signed him for that offseason.. they didnt have the money for that, and it would have been a waste.

i wanted to see mez moved too, but not in a 'upshall-like' move. where you give up the better player and the draft pick, just to unload salary. and from all accounts, that's what it would've had to be. i'd like to see lauridsen playing, but not at that cost. he's not worth that.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only reason i say that's on the coaches is because they should've had raffl or mcginn or both up to start the season.. there's no reason not to, they have been perfectly fine, and signifanctly better than rinaldo hall or rosehill

jagr played 22 playoff games for the bruins last year, 0 goals. 10 assists are nice, but not great. the flyers didn't need jagr at the 4.5mil tag the stars signed him for that offseason.. they didnt have the money for that, and it would have been a waste.

i wanted to see mez moved too, but not in a 'upshall-like' move. where you give up the better player and the draft pick, just to unload salary. and from all accounts, that's what it would've had to be. i'd like to see lauridsen playing, but not at that cost. he's not worth that.

Watching the playoffs last year and Jagr was much better then just the 10 points
He was a threat everynight giving Boston DEPTH

Edmonton wanted Coburn at the draft, why couldnt something develop there?

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I dont think we could have McGinn and Raffl up to start the season due to us being about 6 dollars away from the cap

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And look I would have been just as happy if they brought anyone in to replace Jagr and Jvr's points

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I dont think we could have McGinn and Raffl up to start the season due to us being about 6 dollars away from the cap

they're no more expensive than rosehill hall or rinaldo.. i guess the 3 of them would've had to clear waivers to go down and maybe that's why they didn't do it? then i suppose it could be on homer.. regardless of how utterly useless their 4th line is though, it's still not causing this

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the playoffs last year and Jagr was much better then just the 10 points
He was a threat everynight giving Boston DEPTH

Edmonton wanted Coburn at the draft, why couldnt something develop there?

must not have been a fair trade.. i dont think he was keeping him just to keep him.. the trade has to be right.. just because we don't like coburn any more, doesn't mean he doesn't have value.. and if you're going to 'get rid of him' you still have to get that value in return

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And look I would have been just as happy if they brought anyone in to replace Jagr and Jvr's points

they probably over-estimated schenn and couturier's development a little bit.. but still, look at the flyers top 9 (when healthy)

hartnell.giroux.voracek
schenn.lecav.simmonds
XXXXX.couturier.read

that's a damn solid top 9 if they get their heads out of their asses. every guy listed there has the potential to score 20 goals, and 4 of them have the potential to top 30 (giroux, voracek, hartnell, lecav).. the flyers are still plenty deep enough offensively without jagr or jvr.

depth isn't the problem. they need a guy to turn to when the REALLY, DESPARATELY, need a goal. that's supposed to be giroux, but he's struggling this year.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they probably over-estimated schenn and couturier's development a little bit.. but still, look at the flyers top 9 (when healthy)

hartnell.giroux.voracek
schenn.lecav.simmonds
XXXXX.couturier.read

that's a damn solid top 9 if they get their heads out of their asses. every guy listed there has the potential to score 20 goals, and 4 of them have the potential to top 30 (giroux, voracek, hartnell, lecav).. the flyers are still plenty deep enough offensively without jagr or jvr.

depth isn't the problem. they need a guy to turn to when the REALLY, DESPARATELY, need a goal. that's supposed to be giroux, but he's struggling this year.

Giroux has never been a goal scorer

As far as Im concerend the guy who use to score the goals when we needed one was Daniel Briere

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giroux has never been a goal scorer

As far as Im concerend the guy who use to score the goals when we needed one was Daniel Briere

i'm with you there.. when he was healthy anyway.. but his replacement is injured.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
despite there being a number of other issues that are probably more pressing than this one, i REALLY think the flyers are hurting from lack of having a sniper. our group of forwards is basically either playmakers or grinders. we don't have a true shooting threat up front. as much as i bitched and moaned about my dislike for carter, we really do miss someone like that on this team who would shoot the puck and was a true sniper. i know that there are plenty of other issues, but i do think the offense desperately needs a shooter/sniper type.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm with you there.. when he was healthy anyway.. but his replacement is injured.

Vinny isn't really a sniper at this point of his career. In his younger days yes, but he's been more of a playmaker for the last 5 years or so.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vinny isn't really a sniper at this point of his career. In his younger days yes, but he's been more of a playmaker for the last 5 years or so.

ya i hear you.. there's definitely a need on the flyers for a 'score first' type forward. they dont have any of them really. i actually would've prefered them take a forward over morin with their pick last year (my 1st choice would've been pulock or morrisey though), there were a couple scorers on the board that i would've liked more than him.. but.. morin seems like a solid pick as far as we can tell so far..

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This downturn started in the 2012 offseason when Homer let go of Matt Carle and Jaromir Jagr for nothing and traded JVR for a defensive defenseman that hasn't necessarily sparkled - he never replaced any of the offense and banked on all these guys stepping up and none of them have

The forwards aren't doing what they should be doing, but think about it, if they never let go of Matt Carle and they had let a few of these young d-men play, the forwards would have more of a chance in the offensive zone because those d-men would be quicker and could move the puck up the ice better

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, letting Carle go without getting anyone to replace him was probably the root cause of all the problems the Flyers face today.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, letting Carle go without getting anyone to replace him was probably the root cause of all the problems the Flyers face today.

I'm sensing some sarcasm here. I personally think Streit more than replaces Carle.