• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G27 16-6-4 Kings @ Krakheads 12/16/23

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll preface this by saying Kings are clearly going through a rough patch, and aren't clicking like they were just a few weeks ago. All teams go through stretches like this at some point in the season. Kings just seem to always have this happen in December for some reason or another. Glad they won, and seemed like the reverted back to the Sutter days by just putting as many shots on net as possible. Spence, seemed to take a page out of the Jake Muzzin school of shooting (not everything has to be a slapshot), was like every shot he took was blocked - Muzzin's just would have triggered a breakaway going the opposite direction.

And I'd love to be able to look the stats on this, but the Kings have to be the worst shootout % team since they started using the shootout. I don't mean W vs. L, I'm talking about shooting %. Kopy has been using the same deke-backhand move forever, and it never works. But just seems like when their games get to a shootout, the Kings could just care less, and just want to get out of the building.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when is Dubois going to turn into more than a body taking up space?
He was supposed to be a top notch C2 and a future C1. Right now he looks more like a forth line center, probably not as good as the current C4.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings always slump near Christmas
So that doesn’t worry me too much
Their offense and defense has been acceptable to good.
Their pk and power play has been a good time to get a sandwich, because nothing happens on them. Shades of 2012. Need the team toughness so they don’t get pushed around.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever happened to Patrick O’Neal? Is he still with the Kings?

Something is up with this whole situation. I follow him on instragram and he went hard on some hit pieces they did on hid Dad, who was apparently a famous news guy too. So he's been going to war with random news organizations. I can't speak to that effecting his role with the Kings, but just you mentioning it means I have to say that I have some social media wars of late from Patrick O'Neal. For the record, I really like him, for what it's worth.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings always slump near Christmas
So that doesn’t worry me too much
Their offense and defense has been acceptable to good.
Their pk and power play has been a good time to get a sandwich, because nothing happens on them. Shades of 2012. Need the team toughness so they don’t get pushed around.

This team doesn't remind me of 2012. Once Sutter came on, these guys were on autopilot. They knew exactly what to do, how to do it and had the pieces for it. This team is lacking a piece (goaltending) but also to your point team toughness. That 2012 team punched you in the mouth and then kicked your dog on the way to their cars in the parking lot for good measure, this team isn't built like that and doesn't have the personalities for it.

At the TDL, I think the Kings will get a big, beefy mean B6 player for a run - a guy like Bjugstad. As they are built now though, that player isn't here. I liked the fight they put up against the Rags but that isn't in their DNA.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just referring to the special teams of 2012. 3rd best PK , 17 best power play right now.
Their scoring has dropped over the last few weeks. Still the top 5 shots against and shots taken a game.
It is the mental stupidity that frustrates me. Dumb penalties, odd man rushes, blown coverage. Drew shooting into a defender 3 feet from him
They could be better and I wish they could be tougher both mentally and physically.