• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade rumor lingering

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are contemplating trading for current Minnesota Vikings back up QB Christian Ponder. :wtf2:

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....they are also rumored to be inquiring about Cousins and Daniel.

Last edited by a moderator:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this: this will not happen but i see it to be a decent idea... Eagles trade Foles to STL, and then add Tebow and use a 2 QB system...

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go with the BS knee jerk reactive reaction...

All we had to do was sign Josh Freeman.

Idiots. I like Ponder, he has wheels. But he's not a very good QB. I'd take the current FSU QB over him right now.

I'm anxious to see how Freeman does in his first start since joining the Vikings less than 2 weeks ago.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not earning enough for the Vikings to want such a trade for cap space purposes. If they just want him off the roster so they can concentrate on Cassel and Freeman then fair enough but I wouldn't give up more than a 6th for him, and i'm not even keen on doing that. His $1.7M contract next year is more than you'd want to pay him as a back-up and it's guaranteed money. If Bradford won't be back there's an argument for having him as a transitional QB whilst they develop a rookie. I don't see much potential for improvement with Ponder and temporary fixes have a nasty habit of becoming permanent. I'd rather re-sign Davis and see how things play out.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't have the cap space to sign Freeman so it wasn't an option. There were very few contracts we could have altered that would have given us that room. Altering a contract would almost certainly have meant giving that player a guaranteed extension. An extension for Bradford, Finnegan, or Wells would not have been sound business.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are going to give up a draft pick the better QB would be Cousins. But you know the Redskins will want a number one back and then THE trade with the Redskins for RGIII will have taken a nullifying turn. Cousins is the best of the three mentioned.

But once again, this is a conflagaration of poor decision making that SJ76 is correct again on that now forces us to make a knee-jerk reaction or so it seems. Apparently, since the Rams are considering those three QBS, they are looking for a starter and have little faith in Clemons which is even more of the same shit sending that kind of message to potentially your starting QB.

This is the heart of the matter. Why even have Clemons on the roster if you don't have faith in the guy to be a starter? Instead of coming out like Vermeil did, like TEB mentioned in another thread, and stating unequivocally, we are going with Clemons and we are going to play damn good football come hell or high water, no, they are hemming and hawing and "considering" a knee-jerk reaction which is what we saw in this last draft.

These guys are not proactive, they are reactive. Another question. Why didn't Fisher stand up for his players yesterday when there was a whole boatload of cheap shots going on?? Especially when C. Long got ejected in clearly a biased refs action and he lost his starting QB to a cheap shot? Fisher's response at half? Don't hurt the team. WTH???

To me this is the shit that the Rams have hardwired into their corporate thinking. Bring in shit players, then throw them under the bus and then expect the "team" to play great football. Their solution-go trade for a starter. You know they are going to get screwed in the ass and we are going to cut our own throats in the long run!!! WTH?? This stuff is really starting to piss me off!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fastforward, Davis is on the Dolphins roster. We can't resign the dude!

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have Cassel than Ponder unless we think Ponder is the guy we want long term. Casell will only cost us the extra 7th we currently have.
Also, they need to look at Tyler Wilson as a backup...and just get rid of Clemons.

No to Tebow... period. Only thing he would do is put butts in the seats.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro.... I respect you but there is no way in hell we are gonna play good football with kellen Clemons under center. He showed that Sunday and has shown it before. I still think Austin Davis should have made the roster over him out of camp. We need a professional QB to be a gap filler and then decide in the offseason if Bradford will HEAVILY restructure his deal or if we want to draft another guy to see what he can do. As much as I have been a fan of Sam, this might be the last we see of Bradford as a Ram. He needs a change of scenery with no pressure.
See my lastest post in my early draft talk thread....

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man IDK KSUDodgers. I still think the guy can play but if I were Fisher, I'd hire Kurt Warner to work with him. I know he'd be better than Clemons. But if they are looking for a long-term starter, then Cousins would be the guy. And if they are, what the hell did we even keep Clemons in the first place?? That is a completely shitty message to send to your potential starting QB.

Instead they should have done a Vermeil and came out stated straight-up, we are going with Clemons and we are going to play damn good football. Not Fisher. Haven't heard a word. I guess he is going to set the record staight today.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Retroram52, not according to NFL.com, ESPN, or the official Miami Dolphins website. According to the transactions list he was released from the Dolphins practice squad in September. He's not a good QB but he's familiar with our playbook and receivers. I actually have more faith in Clemens as a back-up than most people. He's not a top 50 QB but he's competent. It won't matter against the Seahawks, but we wouldn't have won that game with Bradford either. It's all conjecture. We'll know who the Rams want in due course.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fastforward, it looks as though my info is incorrect and I stand corrected. I don't think we are going to resign Davis unless we are psuhed into a corner. He may be better than Clemons, the Dolphins got rid of him. I think the Rams are moving towards a trade since Fisher has whiffed the idea of Tebow signing.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the world would we trade a draft pick for a QB who will take us nowhere and likely be gone after the season? Especially when there are QB's available as free agents. Save the pick, sign someone for the rest of the season and go from there.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO - No trades!!! We take our lumps and then take our high draft picks and get a new QB. Period. We are not going to the playoffs with any trade acquisitions.

Ponder couldn't get it done with AP in the backfield!

Pick up Austin Davis and Pat White and play out the season for the high draft picks. Nothing we do now is going to change what our record will be at the end of the season.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree LTRF42. But the Rams seem hell-bent on a trade which makes little sense in the long-term. IF SJ76 is right and all we need is a game manager, then stay with Clemons or go with a Brady Quinn or Jimmy Clausen and call it a season taking the next QB in the draft.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea RamCub. Go with Clemons, resign Davis or a Pat White or both and call it a season starting over with getting the next franchise QB in the draft.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current QBs on practice squads:

Dennis Dixon (Bills)
Greg McElroy (Bengals)
Chandler Harnish (Colts)
Matt Scott (Jaguars)
Tyler Wilson (Raiders)