• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

<< Tonights 3 Stars / 3 Goats >>

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i'm playing defense and see bryz's effort on the 2nd goal i'm not gunna try to help him out either

call me selfish, but damn dude.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryz gave up on the game when he figured his teaming front quit playing at 100%. like a machine, if any part is not working properly, then the entire production will follow. They all have to click together for it to work. I'm curious to see what adjustments will be made for game5. This much I know, Rinaldo has to be scratched. His time is done in this series. I use speed like Wellwood and bring in Harry Z.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i'm playing defense and see bryz's effort on the 2nd goal i'm not gunna try to help him out either

call me selfish, but damn dude.

Not buying it. They all sucked on defense right from the start. They didn't play any better once Bob came in. They ALL need to get it together.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryz gave up on the game when he figured his teaming front quit playing at 100%. like a machine, if any part is not working properly, then the entire production will follow. They all have to click together for it to work. I'm curious to see what adjustments will be made for game5. This much I know, Rinaldo has to be scratched. His time is done in this series. I use speed like Wellwood and bring in Harry Z.

we could argue all day, but imo bryz gave up first.. the team took the lead back after his abysmal 2nd gaa

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying it. They all sucked on defense right from the start. They didn't play any better once Bob came in. They ALL need to get it together.

true enough.. not saying the d played well.. but the goaltending was far worse than the defense last night IMO.. anything at bryz's feet went in, anything off the ice on bob went in..

flyers seemed to lose all aggression on defense last night.. nobody was stepping up to face the rush, they just backed off and let them shoot whenever they wanted to.. cant be nonchalant against the pens, they'll beat you. you have to put pressure on them

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the defense was just as much to blame, maybe even more so. MATT FUCKING CARLE

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the defense was just as much to blame, maybe even more so. MATT FUCKING CARLE

Matt Carle was wearing a Pens jersey last night. I'm not a fan of Carle. I give him props for a good game. However, last night was his worst game as a Flyer. He was so bad that I actually thought he may have been bribed before the game to hand over the game in the Pens favor. No way could he be this bad at the NHL level. Something was up.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you have to do is listen to the announcers to know how bad Bryz is playing yes the defense is not good but Bryz is just plain horrible right now. Plus ive seen bryz steal gamezs in March when our d was really bad where oh where is that goalie now and BOb you need to go after last night performance well take a 3rd rounder for you.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya matt carle was about as bad as i've ever seen a dman play for the flyers last night

he had a pretty good series going til last night but wow was he bad

hopefully he turns it around

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D and Bryz actually played well considering Grossmann being out...fuck that pisses me off. DB missed his def assignment on staals goal and of course the guy can't miss now. At least he got it back with that nice pass on the PP. Very unlucky not to score 4-5 tonight.

Refs were ok but how on earth do they miss orpik mugging JVR in front of the net and the hook on Jagr on the PP...otherwise he probably scores or they go 5 on 3. Ah well they'll come out harder on Sun. Oh ya Gusty was very good he needs to stay in the lineup.

Any word on Bourdon or Mez....Lilja has to sit and soon.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kubina needs to sit before lilja does.. he's a waste of space, guy cant even move

coburn was an animal last night, so was carle.. both played over 29 minutes and i thought looked good in doing so, mostly coburn.. memo to homer, we dont need ryan suter, braydon coburn is just as good (as long as he keeps playing like this)

grossman and mesz both skated today.. grossmann actually practiced after he skated too, so thats a pretty good sign.. mesz was just in sweats, but at least he's out there moving around, thats a good sign

couple of the beat writers think the flyers should go w/ 7 dmen tomorrow.. dress manning or lauridsen (he's big).. honestly i think they should dress both and get kubina outta there

or maybe grossmann tries to go.. that's kinda what it sounds like to me after all his skating today

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
before giroux gets in here and steals all the glory

gustaffson was a MONSTER today.. he played AMAZING defensively and then added a backbreaking goal.. full marks for gusty today.. he stepped up when the flyers needed someone to, and it was awesome to watch.

coburn was also fantastic. i have a very serious man-crush on him these days.

that being sad, giroux was unbelievable. his first shift has now takin over as 'the shift', mike richards, you are in the past

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giroux is the clear number one star and I'll give the other two stars to a couple of unsung heroes that played huge minutes today and were both stellar defensively. Those honors go to Talbot and Gustafsson.

After watching Gus defend Malkin effectively, score a goal and play 22+ minutes at +3 overall, I am sold on him over Kubina or Lilja by a mile. If we get Grossman and Meszaros back for the second round, Gus may play with Kubina and Lilja sitting out. He has something they don't have...wheels.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As awaz said, MUCHO credit to Gus. Very good.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giroux is the clear number one star and I'll give the other two stars to a couple of unsung heroes that played huge minutes today and were both stellar defensively. Those honors go to Talbot and Gustafsson.

After watching Gus defend Malkin effectively, score a goal and play 22+ minutes at +3 overall, I am sold on him over Kubina or Lilja by a mile. If we get Grossman and Meszaros back for the second round, Gus may play with Kubina and Lilja sitting out. He has something they don't have...wheels.

Damn Mav on a role. I can't rep you again. I will tomorrow but damn you are on. Awaz, you're absolutely correct on Gust. I was surprised how well he played today. I think a lot goes toward the way Giroux came out today. They all followed his lead. Bryz played well enough. We won't face another explosive offense like this. I just hope now that our d and Bryzy can keep this machine rolling.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously G is at 1.

2. The entire defense

3. Bryzy... He played well and did a good job with puck handling clearing pucks out of zone. Good job!

Gust was awesome. This game outside of Giroux, is hard to give stars of the game. Everything ran systematic with G leading the way. Carle played a much better game. Nice to comeback after that disastrous play the other night. Great game and series Flyers!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee number 1 star for knocking the shit out of Crysby right off the drop of the puck and setting the tone withn his goal right after
Coburn and Gust get star number 2 for playing awesoke on both ends
Bryz get number 3 for doing what we all know he can.

goats
Crysby
Malkin
Neal/Letang

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came in here looking to throw some good words Gusty's way, but you guys said everything that could have been said.

Very impressive.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff Danny Briere - 4-3 in OT is the way the Pens series started, too, btw. JVR showed some good moves out there today (and scored!), but shanked at point-blank range on first PP, shot right in Brodeur's gut on the semi-breakaway. Simmonds missed an easy one, too. That second goal for NJ was a softie - damn, I hate those. I think we were 1-of-6 tonight on PP?

But whatever, after about the first 10 minutes, I thought we controlled the puck most of the rest of the way. 1-0 Flyers. Keep it up, boys!

Last edited by a moderator: