• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

<< Tonights 3 Stars / 3 Goats >>

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it would be kind of cool to do this after every game, so to kick it off......here are mine:

Stars:

1) Giroux. Simply un-freakin-believable.

2) Bryz. Shaky at first, but quickly showed his veteran skill set and locked it down tight.

3) Lavy and the whole coaching staff. How can anyone not be impressed with their efforts in getting this newly put together team playing together as one in such a short period of time.

Goats:

1) Bruins Powerplay. I know it was only the first game of the season and they won it all without a good one, but......man o man....they really suck on the advantage.

2) Tie. Kimmo and Pronger. Again, it was only in the first 10 minutes of the first game of the year, but those 2 "highly skilled vets" looked down right silly in the 1st when they were easily stretched apart and exposed. Yes, they came on strong afterwards, but for a bit there they did look terrible.

3) ********. Why? Well because everyone has their own opinion. :becky:

What do you say my brothers....who are yours??

Last edited by a moderator:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it would be kind of cool to do this after every game, so to kick it off......here are mine:

Stars:

2) Bryz. Shaky at first, but quickly showed his veteran skill set and locked it down tight.

3) Lavy and the whole coaching staff. How can anyone not be impressed with their efforts in getting this newly put together team playing together as one in such a short period of time.

Goats:

1) Bruins Powerplay. I know it was only the first game of the season and they won it all without a good one, but......man o man....they really suck on the advantage.

2) Tie. Kimmo and Pronger. Again, it was only in the first 10 minutes of the first game of the year, but those 2 "highly skilled vets" looked down right silly in the 1st when they were easily stretched apart and exposed. Yes, they came on strong afterwards, but for a bit there they did look terrible.

Tox. Kimmo had a strong game. Horton scores into an open net without him.

I was very impressed with the team and especially Couturier. He belongs. Read and Rinaldo had some game 1 butterflys. Giroux had a bonehead penalty at the end. Overall, exciting!!!!!

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stars:

Goats:

A. Without a good one? That shit was non existent last season.

B. Hell yes it blows... Can't believe we score a PPG last night... That sure was a beauty by Marchand. We missed so many opportunities. :L

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for real... Fuck Giroux. jk, that dude is fucking awesome.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont like Marchand but I am glad he is on my FH team!:cheer2:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 stars / 3 goats gentlemen. That's it, not...blah...blah...blah. :rolleyes: :cool:

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tox I agree with your overall assessment, Timmo had a mental lapse but played strong all game afterwords.

Don't know what everyone sees in this Read kid, I know it's only one game but that dude was non existant, guess I 'll give him a few more games before I make a decision..

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars: Giroux

Bryz

Jagr

Goats: The Bruins PP

Chara, where was he last night.

Pronger, looked horrible the whole game.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Timonen looked flat out lost for 2 periods of that game. Easily Our worst player that game. He came on strong late in the game when it mattered and even notched what should be recorded as a save.

Pronger was shaky as well. Getting a lot of heat for getting undressed by Marchand but he was as expected after surgery, slightly cold but still a solid contributor. We need him to improve as well.

Carle I thought was our best Dman. Made smart plays and hasn't lost a step since last year unlike Kimmo and Prongs.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know i thought Lilja looked good last night anyone agree?

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know i thought Lilja looked good last night anyone agree?

I agree. He didn't look bad which means he did the job that was expected of him. I'll take it.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Giroux/Jagr PP: Holy shit, I have never had my eyes glued on certains players so much before. Theyre awesome.*

* So far

2.Bryz-He got better, and his Marchand save was awesome. Also, Pronger lets Marchand(?) to the net and he poke checks it with ease.

3. Meszaros. Why? Well because everyone has their own opinion. :becky:

Also, Jeff I see why you love Marchand. He was crazy good.

Only person I didnt really like was Briere, if ha played... Pronger was meh.

We have a goalie, but I still get nervous of us blowing the lead. Force of habit

PhillyFate48

Pimp by blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Timonen looked flat out lost for 2 periods of that game. Easily Our worst player that game. He came on strong late in the game when it mattered and even notched what should be recorded as a save.

Pronger was shaky as well. Getting a lot of heat for getting undressed by Marchand but he was as expected after surgery, slightly cold but still a solid contributor. We need him to improve as well.

Carle I thought was our best Dman. Made smart plays and hasn't lost a step since last year unlike Kimmo and Prongs.

Pronger looked like a rookie for the first 10 minutes.....Bruins were skating around him through him and just made him look silly untill about half way through the second he came back to life and the rest is history!

PhillyFate48

Pimp by blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1. Giroux/Jagr PP: Holy shit, I have never had my eyes glued on certains players so much before. Theyre awesome.*

* So far

2.Bryz-He got better, and his Marchand save was awesome. Also, Pronger lets Marchand(?) to the net and he poke checks it with ease.

3. Meszaros. Why? Well because everyone has their own opinion. :becky:

Also, Jeff I see why you love Marchand. He was crazy good.

Only person I didnt really like was Briere, if ha played... Pronger was meh.

We have a goalie, but I still get nervous of us blowing the lead. Force of habit

Briere will get his trust me he will be just fine and make that line and Lavy look like all-stars!

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
{ NJ Devils 10/8 }

Stars -

1) Simmonds. The kid was everywhere doing everything. Easily the best player on the ice last night. Plus - he rocked a very tough dude in Clarkson.

2) Bryz. Not that he was tested much, but when he had to be so, he was.

3) Read. Picked up his first NHL goal and is picture perfect when it comes to being where he's supposed to be at all times.

Goats -

1 & 2) The whole NJ Devils team. Lol....talk about a team that had absolutely no clue what-so-ever last night. I know as Flyers fans we're hard on every other team within the division, but those guys were seriously awful.

3) Clarkson. Dumb, overly aggressive penalties at the wrong times killed any chance that the Dweebles may have had at mounting any semblance of a comeback.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually the Devils are a pesky team that really gets after us and almost always finds some absurd way to come from behind. Last night we had no trouble at all skating circles around them, dominating, then just pulling away and locking it down. It was pretty encouraging. You have to love the team effort we're getting. Homer looks more and more like a genius with each passing day.

The way this team plays, our three stars for the night after every win should be 1) Flyers 2) Flyers and 3) Flyers.