• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

<< Tonights 3 Stars / 3 Goats >>

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 JVR-Good job making chances, next time bury them
2 Giroux-Goodjob making chances, next time bury them
3 Briere-Your growing, my friend

1 Vorcaek-Where were you?
2 Jagr-Where were you?
3 RINALDO SUCKS

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

2 Jagr-Where were you?
3 RINALDO SUCKS

1. TIMMONEN. Very strong game defensively.
2. Rinaldo. Only took Drew Doughty out of the game. nbd
3. I don't know gets 3rd so I'll say JvR for the heads up

Goats

I don't think anyone played bad enough to be considered the goat. Penalties killed us but it was our best players who took penalties.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Rinaldo credit for that legal hit on a Doughty, but I still hate him.

I cant fucking believe Richie got booed.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I give Rinaldo credit for that legal hit on a Doughty, but I still hate him.

I cant fucking believe Richie got booed.

Richie got boo'd when he touched the puck. I think it was all in good fun. When they played the Richie clip on the Jumbo tron, he got a standing O from about 90% of them building.

He did get very few boo's during that which I am ashamed of. It should have been 100% cheers.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richie got boo'd when he touched the puck. I think it was all in good fun. When they played the Richie clip on the Jumbo tron, he got a standing O from about 90% of them building.

He did get very few boo's during that which I am ashamed of. It should have been 100% cheers.

I took it a bit differently, I included stood up and applauded him on the Jumbotron tonight, and after that I did not think about him. The booing kind of rubbed off as idiot who were already over him and hated him for not being with us anymore.

Unfortunately, I am off that bandwagon and on Rinaldo's. He grew on me fast. He doesn't take stupid penalties, he will fight guys bigger than him, and he killed Drew Doughty.

He has done nothing wrong thus far.

You could consider this reaching, but after the hits he layed in camp it shows me he is a fucking bonehead. Sure he was fighting for a roster spot, but you dont hit both of your organization's most prized prospect very hardly in the same scrimmage in July. It is only a matter of time until he does something, and I would much rather have lost Rinadlo's contract to keep Powe/sign Harry Z or something along those lines. I have gotten to the point where all this "though guy" stuff is 100% pure Columbian bullshit in today's NHL.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You could consider this reaching, but after the hits he layed in camp it shows me he is a fucking bonehead. Sure he was fighting for a roster spot, but you dont hit both of your organization's most prized prospect very hardly in the same scrimmage in July. It is only a matter of time until he does something, and I would much rather have lost Rinadlo's contract to keep Powe/sign Harry Z or something along those lines. I have gotten to the point where all this "though guy" stuff is 100% pure Columbian bullshit in today's NHL.

I pre judged him as well after the Couturier hit. I still haven't forgotten about it. But I thought hits like that would translate into the NHL. It seems he has been talked to and so far, has done everything right.

At the very least, he is a cheap tough guy. Cheaper than Powe, Carcillo, AND Shitty.

Oh yea, and he took out one of the leagues top players with a clean hit.

My question is who do you replace him with. If its Schenn, then dump him immediately. I doubt they would do that. If it's Shelley, keep him up in the NHL and waive Shelley. I don't think Harry Z would make that much of a difference.

If Rinaldo keeps this up he will be a fan favorite in no time.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pre judged him as well after the Couturier hit. I still haven't forgotten about it. But I thought hits like that would translate into the NHL. It seems he has been talked to and so far, has done everything right.

At the very least, he is a cheap tough guy. Cheaper than Powe, Carcillo, AND Shitty.

Oh yea, and he took out one of the leagues top players with a clean hit.

My question is who do you replace him with. If its Schenn, then dump him immediately. I doubt they would do that. If it's Shelley, keep him up in the NHL and waive Shelley. I don't think Harry Z would make that much of a difference.

If Rinaldo keeps this up he will be a fan favorite in no time.

There is no doubt in my mind he can become good at what he does without being a total idiot about it. Id take him over Carbomb and Shitty, but for now I just dont trust him. It will take some time, but I would not be surprised if he take some Harntell-esque penalties at crucial times and stupid boarding penalties.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is no doubt in my mind he can become good at what he does without being a total idiot about it. Id take him over Carbomb and Shitty, but for now I just dont trust him. It will take some time, but I would not be surprised if he take some Harntell-esque penalties at crucial times and stupid boarding penalties.

Zac Rinaldo on Drew Doughty hit: "He came across the trolley tracks" - Broad Street Hockey

Here is his take on everything. I gained even more respect for him.

On the hit - "he came across the trolley tracks" - very true

On Westgarth trying to fight him " Yea he's a little too big for me" - also true lol

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the hit is totally fine, but I feel like he is not going to end up being clean and not taking penalties.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2 Jagr-Where were you?
3 RINALDO SUCKS

You crazy man. Voracek and jagr were two of the most dangerous players out there tonight. IMO they deserve the same comment as g and jvr. And Rinaldo had more of an impact on this game than any other player

Looking back I don't think there was a goat on the ice. Even most of the penalties were fine calls given how the game started. Just good stuff from everyone. Flyers need to play more disciplined as a whole though. That's 2 games in a row with wayy too many penalties

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers need to bury their chances is what they need to do. You shouldn't be tied after 2 periods when you are outshooting them nearly 2 to 1. I understand that the penalties really messed with the flow of the game, and Quick made some great stops, but it sucks to lose this one.

Oh well, at least we got the sympathy point.

Stars:
1. Flyers D - good job limiting chances when you were shorthanded for long stretches of the game, and generating chances yourself.
2. Bryzgalov - good job stopping what you could. Almost had the first one, the second was when you were down on the ice, and the third... well, yeah.
3. Rinaldo - While I don't particularly enjoy that he injured another player, I will say that delivering a massive, clean hit to the opposing team's best Dman and then winning a fight against a bigger guy is worthy of a star. Though I'm still trying to figure out how he turned 1:51 in ice time into 17 penalty minutes.
Honorary 4th star - Mike Richards. Played like the old Richards tonight.

Goats
1. Discipline - Haven't we learned that taking 7 minors and a double minor is a bad way to play hockey after last year?
2. Finishing your chances - Lotta bounces over sticks and missed opportunities. Quick was stopping all the easy and hard chances; can't let him off the hook on the unstoppable ones.
3. The crowd - Once Richards is on the ice, boo the hell out of him, I don't care, and he doesn't care. Hell, it's like a sign of respect. But don't boo your former captain who you traded away before the puck even drops; it's not like he signed with another team.
Honorary 4th goat - Mike Richards. Didn't play like last year's Richards tonight.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Flyers need to bury their chances is what they need to do. You shouldn't be tied after 2 periods when you are outshooting them nearly 2 to 1. I understand that the penalties really messed with the flow of the game, and Quick made some great stops, but it sucks to lose this one.

Oh well, at least we got the sympathy point.

Stars:
1. Flyers D - good job limiting chances when you were shorthanded for long stretches of the game, and generating chances yourself.
2. Bryzgalov - good job stopping what you could. Almost had the first one, the second was when you were down on the ice, and the third... well, yeah.
3. Rinaldo - While I don't particularly enjoy that he injured another player, I will say that delivering a massive, clean hit to the opposing team's best Dman and then winning a fight against a bigger guy is worthy of a star. Though I'm still trying to figure out how he turned 1:51 in ice time into 17 penalty minutes.
Honorary 4th star - Mike Richards. Played like the old Richards tonight.

Goats
1. Discipline - Haven't we learned that taking 7 minors and a double minor is a bad way to play hockey after last year?
2. Finishing your chances - Lotta bounces over sticks and missed opportunities. Quick was stopping all the easy and hard chances; can't let him off the hook on the unstoppable ones.
3. The crowd - Once Richards is on the ice, boo the hell out of him, I don't care, and he doesn't care. Hell, it's like a sign of respect. But don't boo your former captain who you traded away before the puck even drops; it's not like he signed with another team.
Honorary 4th goat - Mike Richards. Didn't play like last year's Richards tonight.

He just has not been directed to the good bars yet

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO goat on the refs because if that was holmstrom in front of Bryz on the winning goal instead of brown the goal gets waived off. He didn't hit Bryz but was leaning heavily on him in the crease it impeded his ability to even try to make a save.

Briere was good tonight everyone missed him I guess. Overall the teams playing well and showing that they'll be in almost every game....I love it. Oh ya Couturier played strong as well doing a good job killing penalties with Talbot. He also had a few scoring chances he's showing that he should stay in the bigs.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before, I didn't think so either....but so far he has kept his cool. He has done nothing out of line. If he can keep this up I am fine with him.

I agree with you, but time will tell. I just dont see him keeping it up.

You crazy man. Voracek and jagr were two of the most dangerous players out there tonight. IMO they deserve the same comment as g and jvr. And Rinaldo had more of an impact on this game than any other player

Looking back I don't think there was a goat on the ice. Even most of the penalties were fine calls given how the game started. Just good stuff from everyone. Flyers need to play more disciplined as a whole though. That's 2 games in a row with wayy too many penalties

Voracek and Jagr just didnt grab my attention, not like JVR and Roo.

Dont think anyone has said something about this, but we have blown the lead/lost the tie late and scored a late goal in consecutive games. :eek2:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed alot of the game, but from what I did see of it nobody stood out to me and the games goats went to both teams lack of discipline.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is only a matter of time until he does something, and I would much rather have lost Rinadlo's contract to keep Powe/sign Harry Z or something along those lines.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 Giroux-seemed dominant
2 Simmonds-I love you
3 Bob-Doesnt suck

1 Penalties