• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

<< Tonights 3 Stars / 3 Goats >>

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they wanted the puck more than the devils last night, and it showed.. there is only one word that describes this team right now, and that's hungry.

couturier should get an honorable mention.. physically and mentally he looks like he belongs.. looks good on the PK and at even strength, doesn't get muscled off easily at all.. only issue i have with him so far is his skating could use work.. he really looks awkward trying to kick it up to top speed.. that being said, maybe the NHL is the right place for him.. he can play in all situations so he should get a decent amount of ice time, even if he does jump between the 3rd and 4th line...

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
they wanted the puck more than the devils last night, and it showed.. there is only one word that describes this team right now, and that's hungry.

couturier should get an honorable mention.. physically and mentally he looks like he belongs.. looks good on the PK and at even strength, doesn't get muscled off easily at all.. only issue i have with him so far is his skating could use work.. he really looks awkward trying to kick it up to top speed.. that being said, maybe the NHL is the right place for him.. he can play in all situations so he should get a decent amount of ice time, even if he does jump between the 3rd and 4th line...

I was going to say 3rd star should get shared between the rookies (I'll include nodl in that group as well). Couturier was a beast on the PK. Read picked up his first goal, Rinaldo is quickly growing on me since he has kept his head through 2 games, and Nodl is playing like he never wants to get sent down or benched again.

Overall, very difficult to pick just 3 stars since everyone looked good. Simmonds wins thanks to the fight. Bryz gets a shutouty thing, never heard of it before but apparently its good. Giroux is on 50 in 50 pace lol....yea just said it. Lilja/Carle have been our best defense. Lavy's system was in full force last night.

I'm in love with this team...until we lose

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you turd cutters had no problem meshing as a team. I didn't catch the highlights on this game, but going by what you guys said the Devs weren't much of a threat. Was that mostly due to the Devs just ducking major ass, or you guys literally shutting them down?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say 3rd star should get shared between the rookies (I'll include nodl in that group as well). Couturier was a beast on the PK. Read picked up his first goal, Rinaldo is quickly growing on me since he has kept his head through 2 games, and Nodl is playing like he never wants to get sent down or benched again.

Overall, very difficult to pick just 3 stars since everyone looked good. Simmonds wins thanks to the fight. Bryz gets a shutouty thing, never heard of it before but apparently its good. Giroux is on 50 in 50 pace lol....yea just said it. Lilja/Carle have been our best defense. Lavy's system was in full force last night.

I'm in love with this team...until we lose

ya i'll agree w/ all that.. nodl looks like he put rockets on his skates.. guy is skating way faster than i've ever seen him skate.. and i've been VERY impressed with rinaldo.. i think he drew 3 penalties last night a lone, and 1 or 2 more in game 1..

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you turd cutters had no problem meshing as a team. I didn't catch the highlights on this game, but going by what you guys said the Devs weren't much of a threat. Was that mostly due to the Devs just ducking major ass, or you guys literally shutting them down?

i gotta think its both.. because it really isn't an exaggeration when i say i doubt the devils won 1 loose puck race.. the flyers were everywhere. there was one shift in the 3rd where simmonds won a puck race in every corner of the ice at least once.. in one shift.. granted it was an advantage to have the whole ice only be the flyers offensive zone all night

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know how you duck major ass... But i know i'm a retard.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars: 1) Wayne "Kick Ass" Simmonds 2) Ilya "SHUTOUT!!!!!11!" Bryzgalov 3) Claude "Mario" Giroux

Hon. Mentions: Read and Couturier. I like Lilja also.

Briere is still invisiblle, Pronger looked like serious ass at some points.

We shut them down, given it is the Devils. Great game, let's see how we do against the Nucks.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars: 1) Wayne "Kick Ass" Simmonds 2) Ilya "SHUTOUT!!!!!11!" Bryzgalov 3) Claude "Mario" Giroux

Hon. Mentions: Read and Couturier. I like Lilja also.

Briere is still invisiblle, Pronger looked like serious ass at some points.

We shut them down, given it is the Devils. Great game, let's see how we do against the Nucks.

Briere will wind it up. It's going to happen sooner rather than later. I believe he did fire a laser off the crossbar that had Brodeur beat, so I wouldn't of necessarily called him invisible. Perhaps he just hasn't meshed with his linemates yet like Jagr and Giroux have.

On that note, anyone want to change their guess on points for Giroux this season? I'm sticking to my 90+ vote even though he's only technically on pace for 82 (goals...lol) so far. Once that power play heats up and Jagr starts burying some of his passes, the points will come in droves.

Last edited by a moderator:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you have any goats when you win?

lol The 3 stars/ 3 goats isn't Flyer exclusive. When I created it, my intention was to portrait the stars or goats from either team for that particular game/night.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Andrej Meszaros. "Nuff fucking said. :D

2. Giroux. 3 points in the 1st. Damn. And a bunch of blocked shots.

3. Bryz. Had his moments, 4 goals....meh. On 40 shots? Im cool with that.

1. The D. 40 fucking shots. Yikes. And we blocked 20-something.

2. Wayne Simmonds, he looked good on the PP, didnt notice him a whole lot.

3. Briere. Noticed him much more, but still...

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars
1-Giroux-surprised??
2-Bryz-40 shots and not a shitload of help from the defence
3-Couturier-picking his game up and didn't look out of place

Goats
1-Hartnell-stupid penalties
2-Rinaldo-same as above
3-Pronger-taking a bad penalty at a crucial time.You're the captain-show leadership.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes, I forget Fartsmell

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 Fantasy hockey stars:

1. Hartnell. 4 PIMs, yes please.
2. Bryzgalov. While I'd prefer you get shutouts, .900 save percentage and a win isn't terrible.
3. Nobody, I only have two players from this game on my team.

Goats:
1. Giroux. Fuuuuck, why didn't I draft him in the second round, he's a beast so far.
2. Five Luongoals against. Jesus, so much for the best regular season goalie.
3. Mike Samuelsson, with solid performances in nearly every category. FOR THE OTHER GUY'S TEAM.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
{ Canucks 10/12 }

Stars:

1) Giroux. You just have to have the feeling this his name will be on every stars list. Simply awesome.

2) PKer's. Talbot, Couturier, Read etc.. saved our ass big time last night.

3) Bryz. Not many of the highlight reel variety, but made the big saves when needed.

Goats:

1) ******** Almost singlehandedly killed the teams momentum with his stupid penalties and his patented blind back hand passes to no one.

2) The refs. Waaaay too many weak ticky-tacky penalties were called against both teams. Vancouver in the 1st, us in the 3rd.

3) Shelley. Just because I had to see his stupid fucking face during the pre game ceremonies.

Last edited by a moderator:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
{ Canucks 10/12 }

Stars:

1) Giroux. You just have to have the feeling this his name will be on every stars list. Simply awesome.

2) PKer's. Talbot, Couturier, Read etc.. saved our ass big time last night.

3) Bryz. Not many of the highlight reel variety, but made the big saves when needed.

Goats:

1) ******** Almost singlehandedly killed the teams momentum with his stupid penalties and his patented blind back hand passes to no one.

2) The refs. Waaaay too many weak ticky-tacky penalties were called against both teams. Vancouver in the 1st, us in the 3rd.

3) Shelley. Just because I had to see his stupid fucking face during the pre game ceremonies.

I am in total agreement with all of the above.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meszaros' goal was sick. I'd like to see a lot more of that. I'll be really happy if we could get some offensive production out of the D.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meszaros' goal was sick. I'd like to see a lot more of that. I'll be really happy if we could get some offensive production out of the D.

Our D has 2 goals and 2 assists last night and they have 9 points in 3 games.