• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Trubisky (and draft so far)

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what I said at all.
nope.jpg

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew! Just checked. I didn't post on this thread....

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew! Just checked. I didn't post on this thread....

LOL...Same. I just looked to see if I said anything dumb. This Bears forum is getting kind of notorious for bumping necros. I blame the genius guy. That said, I can't wait to post every other week about how Cody Parkey doesn't have a spot on any NFL roster for the next few years or so.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mike Davis isn’t squarely the third string back getting 5% of the carries after this week, then Nagy needs to be fired. Trestman 2.0 is what it is looking like...

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...Same. I just looked to see if I said anything dumb. This Bears forum is getting kind of notorious for bumping necros. I blame the genius guy. That said, I can't wait to post every other week about how Cody Parkey doesn't have a spot on any NFL roster for the next few years or so.
Yeah, gonna need to talk with BS - his "looking ahead to <next opponent>" is jinxing us. First, prior to the Philly game last season, now tonight.

BS, on behalf of all Bears fans across the Mother Earth, I beseech thee to quit uttering those ugly words.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the QBs in this draft there was no question to me Trubisky was the top guy. I even said if we were going the QB route, it would have to be Trubisky and only Trubisky. However, we sure gave up a lot to move up one spot. But I have to say, I am excited about this kid. And this is coming from a defensive fan. Some additional thoughts:

* Pace's job security will now be tethered to Trubisky.

* While it looks from the outside that Pace is showing a lot of balls here to take a developmental QB in a year where the owner demands improvement. Clearly Pace is hedging his bet with Glennon. I don't think Glennon is here to groom Trubisky, but rather to improve the team while Trubisky develops. In other words, if Glennon wasn't picked up, and Trubisky learns on the job, it's clear the Bears will have a losing record again and Pace could be out of a job next year. I still say sticking with Cutler for one additional year was the better move.

* This also explains why the Browns contemplated so much on taking Trubisky #1 knowing the Bears really wanted him. When the QBs they wanted were all gone by the time the Browns picked again at 12, they threw their hands up and traded down.

* The Bears tried really hard to not show their love for Trubisky but failed. They didn't even invite Trubisky for a private workout to throw off the scent but the Browns still knew. It's hard to keep a secret in the draft.

* A lot of offensive players taken, the second round should give us a solid defensive guy to take. I would be pretty pissed if we didn't draft defense in round 2.
You are so fucking dumb. Maybe you’ll think of this the next time you try to act like you’re an nfl genius. You’re a schmuck.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sucks

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beengay fudgepackers: "I called Trubisky was going to be great before you did!"

Trubisky's best game

Hypocrite much?
I originally wanted Watson, but supported Trubisky because we drafted him. Watson wasn’t the best QB at that position, but he was better than Trubisky. Sorry for supporting our QB after he had a good game. I guess that makes me a terrible fan.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to take away much on Mitch, the entire Offence was bad tonight. O line bad, Mitch bad, Nagy play calling bad.

It may have been that the opposing defense was good? :noidea:

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Da Bears went 11-3 last season... I'll give you guys ONE GUESS who da Bears lost to in week one of 2018. I'll even give you guys a hint.... they play at Lambeau Field

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to take away much on Mitch, the entire Offence was bad tonight. O line bad, Mitch bad, Nagy play calling bad.
Yeah last night wasn’t just Mitch’s fault and not playing in pre season probably the main cause. Just never been a big believer in Mitch and I’m not sure Nagy is either but I’ll give Mitch one more year to change my mind

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may have been that the opposing defense was good? :noidea:
Naaa... :D

It could very well be that the Packers have managed to put together a competent D... I rather think, from what I watched from Mitch and the weird play calling, bad pass play on 3rd and 1, not going for the field goal, not converting on another 3rd and short with a run call (D good or doing something predictable)... etc... Time will tell.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy is irritating. This team is loaded with talent. Enough with the smoke and mirrors. Line up and play football ffs. RUN THE FUCKING BALL!!!

How many touches did Cohen get last nite, besides a few catches downfield?

How many did our stud rookie, Montgomery get?

Seemed to me like Mike fucking Davis is our feature back?

Our o-line looked a mess, and Mitch looked like a first year QB.

It's one game, but it was an important one game. Holding an opponent to 10 points and fucking losing is pathetic.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one game, but it was an important one game. Holding an opponent to 10 points and fucking losing is pathetic.

Perfectly stated. And this ain't baseball, you only get 16 cracks at making the playoffs. Every game is critical. I'm sure the defensive players are rallying around the O, but I wouldn't blame them one bit if they're pissed. When you hold an Aaron Rodgers-led offense to 10 points, that's must-win territory right there.