• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Seattle Seahawks have traded for Jamaal Adams

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"As per usual" WTF is that? I outright ignore or refuse to read/watch anything that challenges your opinion. Glad you know everything I do.

At least you admit he's not top 5. Personally he's not even top 25 in my book. So no I don't need to listen to one mans opinion when he's that far out of calibration.

You won't get an argument out of me he's one of the top safeties in the league. A likely HOFr if he continues on this pace without a doubt. Again no is arguing that. But you like so many other soft skinned 12s get all rustled anytime someone says anything slightly negative about the Hawks.

We will see how it plays out? But anything less than a SB is a bust. Why do you and others only say two first rounders when you refer to this trade? Does it make it easier to take? It's two first, a third, a starter and a huge contract in the near future. Sorry to disappoint but that is part of the deal and needs to be included when trying to defend your cause.

Oh and where did I say I only watch the Jets twice a year? Did you skip the part of where I also watched him in college? Not that it matters. We agree he's a great player, an upgrade for sure. So can we stop doing that dance and move onto something else?
Christ, I AGREE with people who say Seattle could have given up too much here. I don't agree when people say retarded shit like "this trade is on the same level as Herschel Walker to the Vikings". Your schtick of being a dumbass and then calling everybody thin skinned when they get tired of you ignoring evidence and spinning arguments gets old.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed hope there is a season?

Yeah no idea what NE will do? Beside the Covid mess, a bunch of key losses, guys opting out, new QB and a stronger SoS than they've had in years...

This team could go 12-4 or just as easily go 4-12.

The ace in the hole is Belichick. Just when you start to doubt him, he makes something happen. They had a good draft and a decent FA. With the opt outs they've picked up some needed cap space. So I don't think BB is done. I could see him going after Clowney or Griffen.

Who will start at QB Newton (I'm still not a fan) of his?. Between his flamboyant attitude and his run people over first mentality just not a fan. Regardless he or Stidham it will be nice to see a mobile QB behind center. Something NE has lacked for decades: Grogan, Bledsoe, Brady...

BB could be that coach that'll teach Cam not to bull rush defenders to preserve his health. Get the yards he sees and get down or run OB. Despite the loss of players I still see NE competing cause of BB.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck seattle, but I know he has been rumored for a long time to want to move on from the team and many team boards have talked about him. Cowboy fan have been screaming for the guy. FFS, I am glad we didn't get him if that was the price though.

It's tough to fathom any non QB is worth two first round picks. I fully admit I was skeptical of the Ramsey trade for the Rams last year. Hawks get slightly more value (2 years of control vs 1.5 years of control).
The reality is these things arent always black and white. Teams like the Rams and Seahawks are in win now mode. And as I mentioned earlier in this thread, if there is a year to trade your 1st rounder, I think this is arguably the best year given who knows what happens with college football.
Also I think a player like Adams is worth more to a guy like Pete Carroll then other coaches/franchises.
Huge risk yes, but honestly this is what I live with as a Seahawks fan.
Percy Harvin, Jimmy Graham, Sheldon Richardson, Duane Brown, Clowney now Adams. I give them credit for trying to put the best team on the field they can while they are still competing for a Super Bowl even though these moves dont always work.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You listed players spanning a 60 year span. Today, in the modern NFL, running backs are not considered a premium position. Of course there exceptions. Much like safeties.
Well I think anybody could/would argue the RB position is more of a premium position to safety. Even on a run first team which is pretty nonexsitant in today's NFL.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dismiss anything that doesn't confirm your biased take.
Biased or unbiased? All depends on what side of the 50 yard line your coming from.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Seahawk homer, I am good with this trade.
Using a draft trade chart, if you have to move from about 25 pick to #6, that would probably cost a #1, a #2, and most likely the next year’s #1.
Feel free to correct me if you disagree.
JA is proven and an AP at 24 years old. If Seattle extends him, this will become a brilliant move. If not, a mistake unless they win the SB this year.
His arrival should allow PC to employ his beloved cover 1 and cover 3 D.
Next year JS will try to trade down his 3rd rounder and maybe the Jets 4th rounder to get more picks in the 4-6 rounds.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christ, I AGREE with people who say Seattle could have given up too much here. I don't agree when people say retarded shit like "this trade is on the same level as Herschel Walker to the Vikings". Your schtick of being a dumbass and then calling everybody thin skinned when they get tired of you ignoring evidence and spinning arguments gets old.
How thin skinned are you 12s? It was tongue in cheek.

Yet no other dumb trade in the SB era comes as close as this one. Good job Seahawks.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB could be that coach that'll teach Cam not to bull rush defenders to preserve his health. Get the yards he sees and get down or run OB. Despite the loss of players I still see NE competing cause of BB.

I agree. However when the pocket is collapsing, things are on the line, stress is high, you act on what you've always have done.

Assuming Cam is the starter? I think his past injuries, combined with no one interested in him in FA will be enough to keep him from thinking he's a FB?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said he was top 5. He's the one who needs to be honest. Top 5 is RIDICULOUS.
He said top 10, not top 5.

That dude knows his shit. Much better than anybody posting here. He's just got a different opinion and he makes a good case for it if you just watch the video instead of dismissing outright everything that you don't agree with.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How thin skinned are you 12s? It was tongue in cheek.

Yet no other dumb trade in the SB era comes as close as this one. Good job Seahawks.
Are you high? This wasn’t even the worst trade of the off season. Did you forget that the Texans traded Hopkins for a 4th rounder

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. However when the pocket is collapsing, things are on the line, stress is high, you act on what you've always have done.

Assuming Cam is the starter? I think his past injuries, combined with no one interested in him in FA will be enough to keep him from thinking he's a FB?

I do think that'll help him out. He knows this could be a last chance to be a starter and if he puts up good numbers and stays healthy, he'll get another starting gig.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think that'll help him out. He knows this could be a last chance to be a starter and if he puts up good numbers and stays healthy, he'll get another starting gig.
Just not sure he wants to risk injury? He'll still run but I think he'll try to avoid big hits?

Who knows he's Cam after all?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just not sure he wants to risk injury? He'll still run but I think he'll try to avoid big hits?

Who knows he's Cam after all?

Very true. Of course it could all be for not if he doesn't win the camp battle.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, yeah it's not even close to the Walker trade to the Vikings... Dallas pulled off a train robbery ....

The Herschel Walker trade, also known as "The Great Train Robbery", was the largest player trade in the history of the National Football League. It involved 18 players and draft picks. The trade was made on October 12, 1989, between the Dallas Cowboysand the Minnesota Vikings.

Dallas acquired

• LB Jesse Solomon
  • LB David Howard
  • CB Issiac Holt
  • DE Alex Stewart
  • Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1990
  • Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1990
  • Minnesota's 6th round pick in 1990
  • Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1991 (conditional on cutting Solomon)
  • Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1991 (conditional on cutting Howard)
  • Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1992 (conditional on cutting Holt)
  • Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1992 (condition met by trading away Nelson)
  • Minnesota's 3rd round pick in 1992 (conditional on cutting Stewart)
And of course Jimmy cut those players because he wanted the draft picks... LOL, he was brilliant ... Minny was out of their minds, they got played on this one...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said he was top 5. He's the one who needs to be honest. Top 5 is RIDICULOUS.

He said Top 10 and then spent 13 minutes explaining why. You converted that to Top 5 and then stopped watching the video because you aren't going to listen to anything that goes against your trolling.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biased or unbiased? All depends on what side of the 50 yard line your coming from.

You wildly biased against the Seahawks. There are some Seahawks homers who are saying that this was a home run trade for the Seahawks. You are the opposite arguing that it was a terrible trade and intentionally frame it as negatively as possible.

Rational people who at least try to be objective will admit that it is too early to tell whether this is a great or terrible trade for either side.

If Jamal Adams is a perennial All-Pro over the next 5-6 years with the Seahawks then this is a hands down for the Seahawks. If he leaves after this contract or regresses as a player then it is a bad trade for the Seahawks. It's that simple. That you can't even accept the possibility that this trade might work for the Seahawks gives the game away about your motives.