• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Seattle Seahawks have traded for Jamaal Adams

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no.
If they rush him and it's a designed run to his side oops. If he covers a TE out by the numbers and it's a dive oops. If he plays the run and the RB and or TEs go out oops.

Come on man you're better than this. He basically has one initial responsibility each play. He can't be doing three things at once. Regardless how good he is.

Got it... so defensive lineman should also be covering players, or covering a zone... and making sure to just go complete HAM and sack the QB anyway when it's a running play (yes I'm aware I just typed something that stupid) to the opposite side? The fuck are you talking about?

Tell me which defensive lineman DOES all that. About the ONLY one I can think that filled that void (so many PDs, and disrupted run/pass BOTH so well) is JJ Watt... and that's the reason Watt/Adams are the ONLY players with their sack #s/PDs/Tackles like they have in their first 3 seasons in NFL history.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're trying to say that no NCAAF this year will somehow not matter for the draft and understanding what a player brings to your org?

Asking for a therapist and psychiatrist...

No what I'm saying is teams have three years of NCAAF tape as well as any blue chipper HS film. They have coaches on those NCAA teams. They'll have at a minimum the combine as we know it. Likely it changes as well as there will probably be some version of a senior bowl.

Some of the 12s on here would have you believe there shouldn't be a draft because players haven't been evaluated. These kids that get drafted high have been scouted for years.

What they may loose is a year of maturity. That being football maturity as well as immaturity. Two years from now no one will know the difference. The teams that did their due dillegence along with some luck will still have drafted future all pros and HOFs.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it... so defensive lineman should also be covering players, or covering a zone... and making sure to just go complete HAM and sack the QB anyway when it's a running play (yes I'm aware I just typed something that stupid) to the opposite side? The fuck are you talking about?

Tell me which defensive lineman DOES all that. About the ONLY one I can think that filled that void (so many PDs, and disrupted run/pass BOTH so well) is JJ Watt... and that's the reason Watt/Adams are the ONLY players with their sack #s/PDs/Tackles like they have in their first 3 seasons in NFL history.

Hey I'm not the one making it sound like Adams can be three places at once to try and strengthen my arguement of how my team didn't get screwed.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I'm not the one making it sound like Adams can be three places at once to try and strengthen my arguement of how my team didn't get screwed.

And what player can (on defense anyway)? I never said that. I said he could probably be in 2 places at once if you go back and read my post. Rushing the passer and playing the run (if the run goes to that side, obviously tackling ability and adjustment comes to play), and coverage plus playing the run (open field tackling and if there's a hand off) - in fact Kam Chancellor did JUST that. I never said someone could rush the passer + play the run + coverage... again, ABOUT the only person that could pull that off was JJ Watt as his INSANE pass deflections technically count as coverage.

NO TEAM would trade JJ Watt in his prime...

I SAID and the point we were all trying to get at is Jamal Adams CAN do any of those and do it relatively well and at an elite level compared to most safeties (perhaps with exception of coverage, although he's still far above average). OF COURSE he can't do all of them at once on the SAME play... what fuckin' player in the NFL can?

"Hey Khalil... if you could just rush the passer... make sure if they run to that side to stop that, oh but can you cover that WR deep, and then make sure to cover the TE? If you could go ahead and do that? That would be great....."

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just imagine how much damage they could do if they traded their useless, so late firsts for later picks:doh:

No one tell him that they do almost every year.

Embarrassing that you're this bad at this.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what player can (on defense anyway)? I never said that. I said he could probably be in 2 places at once if you go back and read my post. Rushing the passer and playing the run (if the run goes to that side, obviously tackling ability and adjustment comes to play), and coverage plus playing the run (open field tackling and if there's a hand off) - in fact Kam Chancellor did JUST that. I never said someone could rush the passer + play the run + coverage... again, ABOUT the only person that could pull that off was JJ Watt as his INSANE pass deflections technically count as coverage.

NO TEAM would trade JJ Watt in his prime...

I SAID and the point we were all trying to get at is Jamal Adams CAN do any of those and do it relatively well and at an elite level compared to most safeties (perhaps with exception of coverage, although he's still far above average). OF COURSE he can't do all of them at once on the SAME play... what fuckin' player in the NFL can?

"Hey Khalil... if you could just rush the passer... make sure if they run to that side to stop that, oh but can you cover that WR deep, and then make sure to cover the TE? If you could go ahead and do that? That would be great....."

giphy.gif
First I didn't say you alone were insinuating he could be in three places at once until you decided to go all drama queen and take things to the umpteenth level.

Again whether you want to agree or not there were posters here implying such a thing to strengthen their arguement.

It's similar to people talking about AB going to Tampa. Sure he'd make an impact but there is only so many balls to go around. He alone, as great as he was wouldn't effect every play.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one tell him that they do almost every year.

Embarrassing that you're this bad at this.

Yes so those TWO first and a third didn't mean shit because they can't draft in the first round. Oh yeah and teams won't know who to draft because there won't be any NCAAF this year.

Thanks for playing. You're still the weakest link.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again whether you want to agree or not there were posters here implying such a thing to strengthen their arguement.

Really easy to quote posts here. Prove this or STFU, because this vague shit doesn't mean jack.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes so those TWO first and a third didn't mean shit because they can't draft in the first round. Oh yeah and teams won't know who to draft because there won't be any NCAAF this year.

Thanks for playing. You're still the weakest link.

You're not getting better at this.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really easy to quote posts here. Prove this or STFU, because this vague shit doesn't mean jack.
Coming from Mr. Hypothetical himself. That

That's cute coming from Mr. Hypothetical.

Let's just start with this one shall we. Individually maybe? We'll find out. Other great players have gone to teams and fizzled. Collectively this trade doesn't improve on each down.

It's a first alright. I've noticed how fans from the Seahawks division competitors are vigorously knocking the trade and I smell fear. This trade makes the Seahawks stronger in several ways. Better pass defense, better pass rush and better run defense, so a better defense. Sounds like something ever team would want or should. :D

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not getting better at this.

Great retort. Is that all you have left?

So how many picks would those TWO firsts and a third have gotten the Hawks?
5-7? Possibly more? Quantity over quality. Weren't you one complaining about how injures kept the Hawks from advancing in the playoffs last year?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming from Mr. Hypothetical himself. That

That's cute coming from Mr. Hypothetical.

Let's just start with this one shall we. Individually maybe? We'll find out. Other great players have gone to teams and fizzled. Collectively this trade doesn't improve on each down.

You're admitting that you think Harold saying Adams improves this team in more than one aspect means he thinks Adams will be doing all of those things simultaneously on every play?

You might be dumber than I thought.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're admitting that you think Harold saying Adams improves this team in more than one aspect means he thinks Adams will be doing all of those things simultaneously on every play?

You might be dumber than I thought.

No I've already addressed that with your partner in crime.

Try finding something new. I'm not going to rehash and go back and quote every post for you.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great retort. Is that all you have left?

So how many picks would those TWO firsts and a third have gotten the Hawks?
5-7? Possibly more? Quantity over quality. Weren't you one complaining about how injures kept the Hawks from advancing in the playoffs last year?

If you're getting a top 5 player at most positions, sometimes quality is better than quanity.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're getting a top 5 player at most positions, sometimes quality is better than quanity.
At a lot of positions I may agree? Still very difficult for me to give up that much draft capital. Very rare that a SS is the missing link that brings a team a championship. Especially like I mentioned once players start going down and there is little to no depth it doesn't matter how good a pro bowler you have playing safety. Chances are your team is not going to win.

I look at the Belicheck system. He loads up on draft picks and mid level FAs. The Pats continue to compete and win even after getting decimated by injuries.

There was the year they had to start WR Troy Brown at safety and then I think it was 2017 where they had about 20 players on the IR come the end of the season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At a lot of positions I may agree? Still very difficult for me to give up that much draft capital. Very rare that a SS is the missing link that brings a team a championship. Especially like I mentioned once players start going down and there is little to no depth it doesn't matter how good a pro bowler you have playing safety. Chances are your team is not going to win.

No one position other than QB is the missing link. Having elite players on your team is how you win. Jamaal Adams is an elite player. Injuries are part of the game and no team can overcome the wrong injuries on their team.

I look at the Belicheck system. He loads up on draft picks and mid level FAs. The Pats continue to compete and win even after getting decimated by injuries.

The Seahawks have won 10+ games in 7 of the last 8 seasons with their lone exception being a 9 win team due to horrific kicker performance.

The notion that other teams are not doing well when you compare them to a team that has been on the greatest run in NFL history is more than a little absurd.

There was the year they had to start WR Troy Brown at safety and then I think it was 2017 where they had about 20 players on the IR come the end of the season.

That would indeed be strange since Troy Brown retired in 2007.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one position other than QB is the missing link. Having elite players on your team is how you win. Jamaal Adams is an elite player. Injuries are part of the game and no team can overcome the wrong injuries on their team.
we have a differnce of opinion here. DEs, WRs, TEs, RBs and shutdown corners can be and are game changers.

The Seahawks have won 10+ games in 7 of the last 8 seasons with their lone exception being a 9 win team due to horrific kicker performance.

The notion that other teams are not doing well when you compare them to a team that has been on the greatest run in NFL history is more than a little absurd.
Didn't say they weren't doing well. Just can't seem to get over that hump. Many a times I hear it's the injury excuse or lack of depth.

That would indeed be strange since Troy Brown retired in 2007.
Maybe I didn't explain it well?
I was talking about two separate years.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We differ on opinions here. DEs, WRs, TEs, RBs and shut down corners can be the missing link.

Safties not so much. If that was their only hole possibly but not likely.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't say they didn't do well. They just haven't been able to get over the hump. The main complaint I hear about that is lack of depth/injuries.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't say they didn't do well. They just haven't been able to get over the hump. The main complaint I hear about that is lack of depth/injuries.

In the NFL, most teams have a run with a squad and then fade away. If you have an elite QB you can rebuild. But there is a reason why few QBs have multiple SB rings.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have a differnce of opinion here. DEs, WRs, TEs, RBs and shutdown corners can be and are game changers.

You are pretty much on an island with claiming that elite RBS are game changers. The Seahawks defense was shut down in large part because of Thomas and Kam. The Seahawks nearly won a SB in 2005 in large part because of their LT and their LG.

Didn't say they weren't doing well. Just can't seem to get over that hump. Many a times I hear it's the injury excuse or lack of depth.

It's not easy to win Super Bowls. IMO, Carroll made it harder by sticking with a terrible OL coach for way too long.